Standard Overpair?

Poker Room skinLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$45 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9 :) 9 :D UTG folds, CO raises, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.Flop: 2 :club: 3 :D 4 :) (6SB, 3 players)SB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls, SB calls.Turn: 7 :D (9BB, 3 players)SB bets, Hero raises, CO folds, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.River: T :) (15BB, 2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: 17BBStandard? I was playing this as aggressively as possible to get this HU.

I think I like calling the flop 3-bet and raising the turn better. You're obviously not losing CO on the flop and there are a BUNCH of cards that can come kill your hand on the turn.GB
I like this.
  • 2 weeks later...
I think I like calling the flop 3-bet and raising the turn better. You're obviously not losing CO on the flop and there are a BUNCH of cards that can come kill your hand on the turn.GB
Makes sense to me.But which turn cards will make us play differently?Do we call behind if an A or K hits?Or do you still raise it up?--cm
Without reads I'd consider a PF 3-bet. I think the hand plays much differently that way.
Yes, I always 3bet this preflop in this situation as well.--cm

Three-bet PF. 77 and 88 would be somewhat marginal decisions, but you have to 3-bet 99 here every time. When you get led into on the turn after capping the flop, I'd start to worry about a set or two pair and just call down.