Ivey Tearing It Up

I'm watching right now. TLK just sat down at every single $1000/$2000 table. Well over 1 Mil on all the tables right now.... Pretty sick. But yeah I think the rail birds are saying that Phil is up over $240K right now...

If TLK keeps it up with Ivey, he will lose a small fortune. TLK is great, but Ivey is the best.
But they're just playing "No Fold'em Hold'em" so it's just the luck of the cards.So whoever is luckiest is gonna win. That's my take on it anyways.Flame away flamers.
But they're just playing "No Fold'em Hold'em" so it's just the luck of the cards.So whoever is luckiest is gonna win. That's my take on it anyways.Flame away flamers.
Limit holdem takes so much more skill than you think. It's about pushing every edge, making sick calls with Q high and 3 betting with bottom pair. Things you hardly ever do in NL. Limit is a lot harder than you think, espeically against a player like Phil Ivey. I can guarantee you anyone would have a much better chance at beating Ivey NL vs. Limit. In NL you can catch one big hand, and stack Ivey. Limit you need to remain consitant.
All I see when I read your posts are, "Boing, Boing, Boing!"
Limit holdem takes so much more skill than you think. It's about pushing every edge, making sick calls with Q high and 3 betting with bottom pair. Things you hardly ever do in NL. Limit is a lot harder than you think, espeically against a player like Phil Ivey. I can guarantee you anyone would have a much better chance at beating Ivey NL vs. Limit. In NL you can catch one big hand, and stack Ivey. Limit you need to remain consitant.
Very very true...excellent points.

yeah I was watching the 1000/2000 HU LHE with TLK... Wow Ivey was playing very well and was up about 200k on that table alone... He seems like he's figured out or has a nice edge on TLK.

Anyone remember watching DN play that clown guy HU? It's very high variance. I watched Ivey drop 85K to TLK in about 45 minutes a couple days ago. Reports were that TLK was actually up against Ivey at the time. Things change rapidly in that game.

My impression was that TLK was beating Ivey pretty regularly as late as a few weeks ago, but that Ivey now seems to have turned the corner and is winning on a regular basis. Has Ivey consistently played HU limit online for a long time or has he just started focusing on it recently? I know he destroyed Andy Beal, but that was a relatively short sample and it was live. I feel like the fact that Ivey can adapt and beat TLK, who completely specializes in a single game and is regarded as one of the best, just goes to show what a ridiculous amount of talent Ivey has.

The other thing to remember is that TLK could end up, in the long run, when they stop playing each other up only 10BBs, but the thing is, that's $20,000 and that's more tha most of you will make in the next ten years playing poker. Winning 3 or 4 bets a session is more than most major businessmen make in a week, it's an incredible amount of money and when this kid eventually settles down, he is gonna be set for life!

The other thing to remember is that TLK could end up, in the long run, when they stop playing each other up only 10BBs, but the thing is, that's $20,000 and that's more tha most of you will make in the next ten years playing poker. Winning 3 or 4 bets a session is more than most major businessmen make in a week, it's an incredible amount of money and when this kid eventually settles down, he is gonna be set for life!
Or flat broke.
When TLK sat down with 100k w/ phil and eastside....I put in the chat "TLK, why arent you sittin with a mil?"and he said that he was too broke and that the 100k was borrowed money.
DO you think he was joking or being serious because a part of me believes that...HEADS UP - 1k/2k with Phil Ivey, talk about a variance filled poker event.
DO you think he was joking or being serious because a part of me believes that...HEADS UP - 1k/2k with Phil Ivey, talk about a variance filled poker event.
I dont know...I could believe this. Everytime I see TLK sit with Ivey, Ivey always felts him or close to it. I think over a few weeks it would be easy for him to lose a million. I mean, it seemed like a serious comment.
I dont know...I could believe this. Everytime I see TLK sit with Ivey, Ivey always felts him or close to it. I think over a few weeks it would be easy for him to lose a million. I mean, it seemed like a serious comment.
I wouldn't doubt it. "If you play with matches, you get burned."