Good Bye Neteller / Neteller Changes Position

This is certainly bad news. I'll wait a while longer and see what ultimately happens, but it would suck if I had to quit online poker.

This is certainly bad news. I'll wait a while longer and see what ultimately happens, but it would suck if I had to quit online poker.
i wish i was good enough that it would suck for me that i had to quit online poker..lol
why would you have to quit? neteller is not the only 3rd party in buisness. there will be others.sure, if neteller was the only way to fund your poker account, i could understand that, but this is far from the end of the world. it sucks, certainly. but there will be other ways around the United States Fatwa.

The short and sweet summary is that Neteller plans to abide by the US regulation even though they're not a US based company. Neteller seems to be the only one to understand that the law that was passed doesn't actually create any new regulations. It just authorizes the Treasury and Federal Reserve to create regulations. When they do Neteller will abide by those regulations.

The short and sweet summary is that Neteller plans to abide by the US regulation even though they're not a US based company. Neteller seems to be the only one to understand that the law that was passed doesn't actually create any new regulations. It just authorizes the Treasury and Federal Reserve to create regulations. When they do Neteller will abide by those regulations.
Thank you sir.
why would you have to quit? neteller is not the only 3rd party in buisness. there will be others.sure, if neteller was the only way to fund your poker account, i could understand that, but this is far from the end of the world. it sucks, certainly. but there will be other ways around the United States Fatwa.
Good point....Neteller and Firepay are the 2 biggest certainly and if their both out I'll look into others. I doubt I'm actually going to end up quitting for good.
Good point....Neteller and Firepay are the 2 biggest certainly and if their both out I'll look into others.
I think the big question would be what will the sites that stay open prefer you to use. I know Bodog, Fulltilt, and FCP have always strongly ecommended Neteller for player's cashier needs, and it's really the only site I've ever used when it comes to this. I just wonder what 3rd party service will be next and step up to the plate and be the bridge from my wallet to my online bankroll.

This wouldn't have any effects on withdrawing from a site to neteller, and then from neteller back into the US, correct? It only affects deposits onto sites?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all this says is that if the US "blacklists" Neteller, Neteller will comply with the Act and its regulations.Meaning Neteller won't file lawsuits or fight it in court if they are blacklisted. Even if they did try to fight it, it would go back and forth for years in courts anyway costing them a lot of money and resources in a battle that could swing either way. It doesn't change much except they'll support the bill to protect the business.

This wouldn't have any effects on withdrawing from a site to neteller, and then from neteller back into the US, correct? It only affects deposits onto sites?
twas my question also. I don't need to deposit, just withdraw at some point.

If this ever does occur, I guess I am just going to grossly overroll myself since I won’t be able to deposit anymore...but isn’t there an option where you can like western union or moneygram the money to the site?!?

If this ever does occur, I guess I am just going to grossly overroll myself since I won’t be able to deposit anymore...but isn’t there an option where you can like western union or moneygram the money to the site?!?
Probably. But the fish won't take that step, they'll just quit. Therein lies the problem.
Probably. But the fish won't take that step, they'll just quit. Therein lies the problem.
Oh I know – it sucks and I don’t think all of the non-us fish can keep the games up and the games are going to become –EV.
Is Neteller down for anyone else right now?
I was able to put money back onto FCP like 5 minutes b4 the original post.
Service Temporarily UnavailableThe server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
I get that every now and again - try back in 15 mins
Service Temporarily UnavailableThe server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
I was in it about an hour ago and did 2 transactions