I don't know if anyone has actually seen these, but I remember watching the 1st and 2nd videos when I was in highschool (like 2003) and although some were mean, some clips were hilarious. Mainly the jackass type stunts were they'd pay a bum to run into a wall, they did a parody of "cribs" homless version which was funny, and that crackhead named "bling bling" was hilarious. Most of the violence they had on their first two videos seemed like they were just recording random brawls they found on the streets, and I dont think they'd actually get into the fights, also only a couple of the fights seemed to involve bums most of them were like gangsters and highschool fights from what I remember. I haven't seen the newer stuff so I dont know if it escalated into something far worse though. That said, the crocodile hunter parody is one of the worst things I've seen, I dont know how someone could ever even think of doing that type of sh*t. I saw an interview with the kids that started the whole "bum fight" business and they seriously seemed like the biggest douchebags ever. You can tell they were retarded to a certain degree and I'd be surprised if none of them have been to jail for this. If I recall correctly one of the idiots used his bumfight earnings to buy a bulldozer so he could "knock sht down" and another one (if not the same) decided to buy this super expensive tiger or something. These guys shouldn't be allowed to breed.As far as the kids that are killing bums, seriously, why is the American youth so much more stupid than most other countries? It's not just this, its been happening ever since the days of beavis and butthead when dumbass kids lit houses on fire. Then came jackass, and I cant remember walking down the halls of my highschool or the parking lot of the local grocery store without seeing idiot 14 year olds running into lockers or shoving themselves in shopping carts onto vending machines. I love jackass, but I hate that there are so many idiot kids that try to immitate everything trendy that's on TV. Anyway, I'm just ranting, and stating my opinion on these bumfight videos. As far as I remember, bumfights wasnt AS terrible as the news made it out to be, but at the same time some of it was just wrong. Even worse though was the fact that you had random kids thinking this was cool and taking it to a total extreme.

Almost took a look at the site but didn't,There was one guy who had posted photos here of himself standing on top of "bums" all bundled up sleeping in the street. I think he called it surfing.Kinda sick. Are kids that bored that they have to do this crap?

Anytime stuff like this gets put into a blog it always makes me wonder does it have a good public awareness result or is it just further promoting (free might I add) pure trash.. Any publicity even though you are denouncing it or stating the repulsiveness of it is still publicity. I never even heard about this website until now. I certainly respect DN's right to talk about whatever he wants, but its probably safe to say that theres a couple thousand new visitors to that site now that would not have been there had it not been for DN's blog. I guess it's easy to say that about anything though. If it hadnt been for 60 minutes then DN and millions of others wouldnt have probably heard about this site. It is just a chain reaction and all this negative publicity is still 'free advertising' for this kinda trash. I find it hilarious that on their website they disclaim "But please do not miss the point of these videos! Educate yourself. Help those who are less fortunate. Spread love not hate." Pretty sure if they could write what they really wanted to say it would say something like "Go kick some bum's asses and send us the footage so we can continue to make a fortune"

dna makes a great point.Barry Farbar (radio talk show host for 30+ years) once said that he would never have another klan member on his show because of this very thing. Barry is a Jew, but he got called on this by his producer that even though Barry cleaned his clock on the issues, this guy appealed to 2 or 3 sickos that would now probably join the klan. We already know bum fighting is wrong, helping people find out about this will only hurt.

I think 60 min has a few more viewers that DN's video blog but a lot of them may be 15-20 year olds that may think "cool" about some of it.It's like the news not reporting suicides, because in the past when they did there was a spike in suicides.

Arent Bumfight DVDs showing Bums fighting other Bums? I didnt think they had videos showing kids attacking bums? I could be wrong though.
It's bascially any act of depravity and human nature at its worst caught on tape.. Streetfights, bums diving into pools for crack baggies, bums getting tattoos on their foreheads... etc, etc.
I don't know if anyone has actually seen these, but I remember watching the 1st and 2nd videos when I was in highschool (like 2003) and although some were mean, some clips were hilarious. Mainly the jackass type stunts were they'd pay a bum to run into a wall, they did a parody of "cribs" homless version which was funny, and that crackhead named "bling bling" was hilarious. Most of the violence they had on their first two videos seemed like they were just recording random brawls they found on the streets, and I dont think they'd actually get into the fights, also only a couple of the fights seemed to involve bums most of them were like gangsters and highschool fights from what I remember. I haven't seen the newer stuff so I dont know if it escalated into something far worse though. That said, the crocodile hunter parody is one of the worst things I've seen, I dont know how someone could ever even think of doing that type of sh*t. I saw an interview with the kids that started the whole "bum fight" business and they seriously seemed like the biggest douchebags ever. You can tell they were retarded to a certain degree and I'd be surprised if none of them have been to jail for this. If I recall correctly one of the idiots used his bumfight earnings to buy a bulldozer so he could "knock sht down" and another one (if not the same) decided to buy this super expensive tiger or something. These guys shouldn't be allowed to breed.As far as the kids that are killing bums, seriously, why is the American youth so much more stupid than most other countries? It's not just this, its been happening ever since the days of beavis and butthead when dumbass kids lit houses on fire. Then came jackass, and I cant remember walking down the halls of my highschool or the parking lot of the local grocery store without seeing idiot 14 year olds running into lockers or shoving themselves in shopping carts onto vending machines. I love jackass, but I hate that there are so many idiot kids that try to immitate everything trendy that's on TV. Anyway, I'm just ranting, and stating my opinion on these bumfight videos. As far as I remember, bumfights wasnt AS terrible as the news made it out to be, but at the same time some of it was just wrong. Even worse though was the fact that you had random kids thinking this was cool and taking it to a total extreme.
I watched this video around the same time as you and was in high school also. It was in the news a lot then and some kid got a hold of the video and was letting people borrow it. Everyone was talking about how freakin funny it was, but frankly I thought it was stupid, boring, and repulsive. I'm from Santa Cruz CA, where there are a lot of "bums" (homeless people), and the part the OP said he thought was funny was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'll admit if I saw two homeless people in a fight where I live the first reaction is to stop and watch (just like in any fight). But when its obvious that the "bums" were paid and were being told what to do in order to get there money was completely repulsive, and I don't agree with you thinking it was funny. You are right that bling bling guy was kinda funny though.And dont have anything to add about the "Bumhunter" its just completely disgusting. Other than the "Bumhunter" and like 1 actual "bumfight" it was all high school or gang fights with poor video footage.This post may make me seen like I have no sense of humor, I just can't see how anybody even high school college age kids would think this s_hit was funny.

What was Daniel trying to achieve in his video blog? All he achieved in my eyes was to give the site a hell of a lot more traffic. I also thought Daniels wording was way off with his constantly calling them "bum's" when he realised what he was saying I think he should havereshot. I know that it was obviously a wording mistake on his part but still I was a bit annoyed about the blog. Maybe he should get of his high horse and keep it about poker and we can avoid all this nonsense.

What was Daniel trying to achieve in his video blog? All he achieved in my eyes was to give the site a hell of a lot more traffic. I also thought Daniels wording was way off with his constantly calling them "bum's" when he realised what he was saying I think he should havereshot. I know that it was obviously a wording mistake on his part but still I was a bit annoyed about the blog. Maybe he should get of his high horse and keep it about poker and we can avoid all this nonsense.
Well in his fairness the website and videos are called Bumfights. Cant be PC in every situation. Homeless Person fights just sounds silly dont ya think? Cut the guy some slack, he is sharing his personal life with us and doesnt need to be criticized for every little thing.I do agree (as I stated earlier in this thread) that I believe talking about things like this can sometimes have the reverse effect and actually ends up promoting and driving traffic to the website.
Almost took a look at the site but didn't,There was one guy who had posted photos here of himself standing on top of "bums" all bundled up sleeping in the street. I think he called it surfing.Kinda sick. Are kids that bored that they have to do this crap?
me to. i was tempted to go but then i thought daniel was talking about it in his blog so we shouldn't goi didn't go

It is not about being Pc in every situation at all, it is about using your head and thinking a bit before you speak. The site is called bum fights, yes, but judging by the nature of the content in the site, surely it should be obvious not to use the word "bum" when talking about the people (victims?) in the videos. Im not doubting Daniels intentions at all, as I believe he really does think it is horrific, but it just seems to me that in every other blog he seems to be getting high and mighty about one thing or another.

yeah back like 4 years ago I saw the first one... brilliant.......From what ive heard its gotten over board....as DN has said
It is not about being Pc in every situation at all, it is about using your head and thinking a bit before you speak. The site is called bum fights, yes, but judging by the nature of the content in the site, surely it should be obvious not to use the word "bum" when talking about the people (victims?) in the videos. Im not doubting Daniels intentions at all, as I believe he really does think it is horrific, but it just seems to me that in every other blog he seems to be getting high and mighty about one thing or another.
As I said in my blog, I'm not into PC and have a lot of problems with the notion that we should walk around on egg shells with the things we say. I've called myself a bum before. You can't call "Little People" Midgets. Whatever. I dunno, I just don't spend too much time worrying about whether I say "chairman" or "chairperson." In my opinion, it should be all about your intent. My wife calls Asian people "Orientals." She happens to be Asian, and didn't even realize it was offensive to some. It's just no big deal to me. I think we waste way too much time worrying about all of that junk. Do you really believe that my blog offended any homeless people? Say, if you let them watch it, do you think they would care that I used the term bum, or do you think that they might focus on the fact that I'm empathizing with them and the horrible treatment they recieve? You say I'm on a high horse, but I honestly believe it's you that is coming off that way. You took all of the negative things associated with the blog and neglected to see the real point of it all. The point being, what's happening is so wrong and something should be done about it. Whether it's "bums" or "homeless people" that are being attacked what needs to stop is the attacks.
As I said in my blog, I'm not into PC and have a lot of problems with the notion that we should walk around on egg shells with the things we say. I've called myself a bum before. You can't call "Little People" Midgets. Whatever. I dunno, I just don't spend too much time worrying about whether I say "chairman" or "chairperson." In my opinion, it should be all about your intent. My wife calls Asian people "Orientals." She happens to be Asian, and didn't even realize it was offensive to some. It's just no big deal to me. I think we waste way too much time worrying about all of that junk. Do you really believe that my blog offended any homeless people? Say, if you let them watch it, do you think they would care that I used the term bum, or do you think that they might focus on the fact that I'm empathizing with them and the horrible treatment they recieve? You say I'm on a high horse, but I honestly believe it's you that is coming off that way. You took all of the negative things associated with the blog and neglected to see the real point of it all. The point being, what's happening is so wrong and something should be done about it. Whether it's "bums" or "homeless people" that are being attacked what needs to stop is the attacks.
QFT. Bumfights is appalling. How about a Congressional ban on THAT!!??Sickening.Edit: Sidebar thread highjack.....I just got the new Cardplayer Daniel. Nice suit man! (cover shot). Good article too. Congrats.

I agree with DN on this topic 100%. I also feel that you're in a position of fame or power like in Daniels case, you should use your celeberty power and fame to help out the community like in Daniels case. I'm glad that Daniel goes off on stuff because it's what he believes in and what most of the time is true.

I with DN about the whole being overly PC. Its just stupid. The bumfights show is equally stupid. I do agree that in the wrong persons hands it will cause them to go out of bounds, and I will tell you right now, thats not bumfights fault entirely in any case. I would say it started with there home life and escalated, its sad Bumfights was there to provide them for some sort of outlet for there naked agression but it certainly isnt bumfights fault 100%, much less in my mind since I believe these people would find anything negative to latch on to and escalate from there. These kids you talk about were heading out of bounds already. Im not trying to support bumfights here, so no one get all pissy.

My wife calls Asian people "Orientals." She happens to be Asian, and didn't even realize it was offensive to some. It's just no big deal to me.
Priceress.

"Do you really believe that my blog offended any homeless people? Say, if you let them watch it, do you think they would care that I used the term bum, or do you think that they might focus on the fact that I'm empathizing with them and the horrible treatment they recieve?"I think you missed the point Daniel, my concern was not that you offended homeless people by calling them "bums", it was the fact that you are an influential figure (even if you are comfortable with it or not) and as your blogs are watched by hundreds of thousands(?) of fans around the world (including many who seem to hang off your every word) I think that you have a responsibilty (even if you like it or not) to watch what you say. Maybe I was a bit off to say that you were up on some sort of high horse, and as I said in an earlier post I certainly dont doubt that your intentions 100% good, but when your in a position such as yours, surely the last thing you want to do is further enforce the validity of the nomenclature that has been assigned to homeless people by certain ignorant groups such as bumfights.com?

"Do you really believe that my blog offended any homeless people? Say, if you let them watch it, do you think they would care that I used the term bum, or do you think that they might focus on the fact that I'm empathizing with them and the horrible treatment they recieve?"I think you missed the point Daniel, my concern was not that you offended homeless people by calling them "bums", it was the fact that you are an influential figure (even if you are comfortable with it or not) and as your blogs are watched by hundreds of thousands(?) of fans around the world (including many who seem to hang off your every word) I think that you have a responsibilty (even if you like it or not) to watch what you say. Maybe I was a bit off to say that you were up on some sort of high horse, and as I said in an earlier post I certainly dont doubt that your intentions 100% good, but when your in a position such as yours, surely the last thing you want to do is further enforce the validity of the nomenclature that has been assigned to homeless people by certain ignorant groups such as bumfights.com?
If somebody is stupid enough to watch the blog and take from it that Daniel hates bums, since he used the term that you seem to find so offensive (even though any bum I have talked to calls themself a bum), and they take it further that since Daniel wins money at poker they should also hate bums, then they need psychiatric help. So please stop policing the rest of the world and STFU.Thank you for your time and consideration in this manner.