Losing It At The Wpt In Niagara

My friends are bankrolling me for the WPT in Niagara. We are trying to work out an agreement. I need to know how many players are expected, what position it will take to finish in the money and how many days it will take to reach the bubble so that I can factor in my lodging costs presupposing I make it past day one. Also what is the payout structure?This will be my first time in a live tournament. I typically play in lo stakes sit n go's (1 to 5 tables) where my results have been good. I have also had success in 3000 player freerolls (2 first place finishes) but I have no experience in a tournament like this. I am interested in getting any information from players who have played in a WPT tourney. Thanks in advance.

My friends are bankrolling me for the WPT in Niagara. We are trying to work out an agreement. I need to know how many players are expected, what position it will take to finish in the money and how many days it will take to reach the bubble so that I can factor in my lodging costs presupposing I make it past day one. Also what is the payout structure?This will be my first time in a live tournament. I typically play in lo stakes sit n go's (1 to 5 tables) where my results have been good. I have also had success in 3000 player freerolls (2 first place finishes) but I have no experience in a tournament like this. I am interested in getting any information from players who have played in a WPT tourney. Thanks in advance.
dont worry about lodging costs or payout structure then

Wow, you have some great friends... I wish I had friends like that! I find I tend to be doing the staking far more than I get staked.As to your question, sadly, I don't know the specifics about the WPT Niagara tournement. I don't know what the cap on the entries is for that tournement. Normally, it is a 10% payout in major tournements (...but not always...)....I almost forgot...GOOD LUCK, Man! Take it down.Cheers,Merby

sorry, I dont know any answers to your questions... but i was wondering why your friends are willing to back you? WPT tournies will be much tougher than the freerolls and sit n go'sgood luck

My friends are bankrolling me for the WPT in Niagara. We are trying to work out an agreement. I need to know how many players are expected, what position it will take to finish in the money and how many days it will take to reach the bubble so that I can factor in my lodging costs presupposing I make it past day one. Also what is the payout structure?
My guess would be 350-400Usually top 10%, but WPT has used some structures that have paid top 20-25%Bubble usually occurs in day 2 or 3 depending on whether top 20% or 10% are paid.Here's a link for the 2006 FIFTH ANNUAL FESTA AL LAGO CLASSIC being played right now in which the top 100 of 433 are paid:http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/payout/2319Here's some great advice that I recommend:http://www.doylespokerroom.com/poker/poker_tournament.cfm

I would *highly* recommend that you get some live playing experience before jumping into a WPT event. Even if it's just some 3-6 fixed limit at the local B&M. Getting practice at the pace, acting in turn and the most basic of tells (such as who looks like they are going to fold, and who is waiting to raise with a monster) will help you out a ton.If possible, play some small buyin nightly tournaments. At my nearest B&M they run 4 tournaments a week, with buyins of $40+5 to $75+5. Usually they have about 70 people so it's a good stepping stone towards larger field tournaments if you're used to playing sngs.Good luck.

I would *highly* recommend that you get some live playing experience before jumping into a WPT event. Even if it's just some 3-6 fixed limit at the local B&M. Getting practice at the pace, acting in turn and the most basic of tells (such as who looks like they are going to fold, and who is waiting to raise with a monster) will help you out a ton.If possible, play some small buyin nightly tournaments. At my nearest B&M they run 4 tournaments a week, with buyins of $40+5 to $75+5. Usually they have about 70 people so it's a good stepping stone towards larger field tournaments if you're used to playing sngs.Good luck.
That is the most polite way of saying: Get out and get live experience before you look like a Jack Ace and blow your friends money on a stupid mistake.
Ummm...if your friends have so much mobney that they're doing whatever they can to get rid of it, give me a call.GL, cause you're damn sure gonna need it :club:
I say he busts in the first 4 HANDS.
FYPYou're welcome! :club:

I'm E-jealous.play tight, for the first several roundsdon't bluff, unless you need tovalue betdon't flip a coin for your tournament, unless you get short stackedif you have questions about live play don't be afraid to ask the dealeretc.....play well and good luck

D E A D M O N E Y

I'm E-jealous.play tight, for the first several roundsdon't bluff, unless you need tovalue betdon't flip a coin for your tournament, unless you get short stackedif you have questions about live play don't be afraid to ask the dealeretc.....play well and good luck
uh.. with his lack of experiences he should be desperately seeking coin flips to double up, not avoiding them.
I'm confused. Why is this not a thread about finding hookers in Niagra?Ray
The Mintz go to the to top of clifton hill make a left and then your second left the club is on the right..Or the sun downer just take a cab.Not that I have ever been there.