well i decided to give school one more shot. after leaving for a few months the school accepted me back due to my outstanding marks and grades in earlier years, and the school system had a loop hole... too long to explain.i mostly came back to school to bludge. its pretty easy to just coast the whole way through and still get a decent UAI mark in the HSC.but after thinking it through i thought i am actually going to try.i know that if i try and put my all into it then i can actually get 80%-95%.at the moment the expected result is 24%.my reasaon for doing it is that all the time people in my grade (i am friends with all of them, i generally get along with eveyone) are saying that i will fail, that i am dumb etc. well i know for a fact that i am not dumb. the school system makes you take a test at the end of grade 10 (when you can legally leave school) to see how smart/fit for school you are. i cant remember the exact result but i was smarter than or exual to something like 92% of the state.i dont want to let this last chance to prove myself slip past me.i mean sure if i became a great pro poker player, i would make alot of money, but in these peoples minds i would still be a stupid moron.so for that reason i have decided to put poker on hold for a while.of course i will play the off tourney every week or so but for the most part it is taking a backseat.also i was getting into acting alot. a woman came to the school who worked with all these hollywood A listers to talk to us about cinema and such and after talking to her for a while after school said that she could get me an audition for a new program hoping to get picked up in Australia called just a stones throw away. but i have decided that also will have to take a backseat.so over the next 10 or so months i will probably visit the forum less.anyways i know there are alot of great people on this forum so wish me good luck.

i think that is a great decsisionGood luck in schoolPoker will always be there and once you get a degree noone can take it away from you

well i decided to give school one more shot. after leaving for a few months the school accepted me back due to my outstanding marks and grades in earlier years, and the school system had a loop hole... too long to explain.
That should be one word.My contribution to your education.

good luck man. i, too, am working to go back to school. i'm just shopping colleges, and also scholarships. but i'm still going to be playing poker throughout.i just want the degree. my mom literally told me i was a failure, and i'm wanting to prove her wrong.

good luck man. i, too, am working to go back to school. i'm just shopping colleges, and also scholarships. but i'm still going to be playing poker throughout.i just want the degree. my mom literally told me i was a failure, and i'm wanting to prove her wrong.
wow that is terrible. one of my "friends" (just one **** head who is in my group) does extension math, extension english, advanced english (people who do advanced are just stuck up dicks. i do standard because standard and advanced get scaled exactly the same. on your paper it just says "english" and the marks are the exact same.) and all this other crap and has actually walked up to me and said "hey cameron, your stupid". i figure **** him, i will show them all.good luck with getting back to school too man.
That should be one word.My contribution to your education.
Can I please "contribute" to your "education"?
That *****. Want me to cut her? Did you tell her you are pretty much a celebrity around these parts?

Good Luck....and you can still play on your breaks. School is 1) an education and 2) something to be experienced. Get involved in activities on campus, you won't regret it!

Can I please "contribute" to your "education"?That *****. Want me to cut her? Did you tell her you are pretty much a celebrity around these parts?
if by contribute you mean bend me over and by education you mean wreck my prostate, then yes, yes you may

I'm in college and still play plenty of poker. It's definately possible to do both, although my grades are suffering a bit right now, mostly due to my lack of studying, and the amount of weed I smoke, and maybe how much poker i play, but who the f-ck cares, as long as I get my degree. gl with everything.erac

Good Luck....and you can still play on your breaks. School is 1) an education and 2) something to be experienced. Get involved in activities on campus, you won't regret it!
School is a good thing. Especially when you recognize it for what it is -- a credentialing process. Workplaces like education credentials, not because school is going to teach you the things you need to know in a specific job, but rather that the process of schooling provides you with the ability to endure stress, interact with people and adapt and apply learning to ever-changing situations. Finishing school tells a potential employer that you are more likely to finish a difficult task. So, unless you are in a trade school, there's very little to learn about in school that can get you a job. Like 'mx957' says, get going now, get involved and make it a good experience. You'll be shocked at the rewards at the end of the process.
wow that is terrible. one of my "friends" (just one **** head who is in my group) does extension math, extension english, advanced english (people who do advanced are just stuck up dicks. i do standard because standard and advanced get scaled exactly the same. on your paper it just says "english" and the marks are the exact same.) and all this other crap and has actually walked up to me and said "hey cameron, your stupid". i figure **** him, i will show them all.good luck with getting back to school too man.
since you knocked the advanced classes kids....you're.:)Mark

Good Luck, I am a teacher and I wish more students had your motivation.Just a suggestion if I may. First impressions last. How you conduct yourself could come back to haunt you. Rise up above the ridicule and criticism and let your actions and reults speak for themselves.One more thing, please please please use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.Don't give up :club:

well i decided to give school one more shot. after leaving for a few months the school accepted me back due to my outstanding marks and grades in earlier years, and the school system had a loop hole... too long to explain.i mostly came back to school to bludge. its pretty easy to just coast the whole way through and still get a decent UAI mark in the HSC.but after thinking it through i thought i am actually going to try.i know that if i try and put my all into it then i can actually get 80%-95%.at the moment the expected result is 24%.my reasaon for doing it is that all the time people in my grade (i am friends with all of them, i generally get along with eveyone) are saying that i will fail, that i am dumb etc. well i know for a fact that i am not dumb. the school system makes you take a test at the end of grade 10 (when you can legally leave school) to see how smart/fit for school you are. i cant remember the exact result but i was smarter than or exual to something like 92% of the state.i dont want to let this last chance to prove myself slip past me.i mean sure if i became a great pro poker player, i would make alot of money, but in these peoples minds i would still be a stupid moron.so for that reason i have decided to put poker on hold for a while.of course i will play the off tourney every week or so but for the most part it is taking a backseat.also i was getting into acting alot. a woman came to the school who worked with all these hollywood A listers to talk to us about cinema and such and after talking to her for a while after school said that she could get me an audition for a new program hoping to get picked up in Australia called just a stones throw away. but i have decided that also will have to take a backseat.so over the next 10 or so months i will probably visit the forum less.anyways i know there are alot of great people on this forum so wish me good luck.
While you are probably doing the right thing, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Dont go back to school because your "friends" think your dumb. Go back to school because you want to. But I think you are gonna miss out on some really good life experiences. Go to that audition. Its not gonna hurt you to try. Its something you might regret later. Do what you want to do. You arent gonna be happy doing things for others.

good luck cuwish you all the bestit's actually been cool to see you mature over the time you've been here. you would have never made this decision or posted like this when you first sign up. oh and i've lived in hollywood and know a lot of people in the industry so hit me up when you get out here if you need hook ups

Well cameron, it has been fun.It is sad to see you go because you are the start of so many funny threads (although not usually intintional).GLKeep us posted.Do it for you and not for any other reason and you will be fine.I wanna throw in a RKIGS for old time's sake but I won't.Take care.

I'm in college and still play plenty of poker. It's definately possible to do both, although my grades are suffering a bit right now, mostly due to my lack of studying, and the amount of weed I smoke, and maybe how much poker i play, but who the f-ck cares, as long as I get my degree. gl with everything.erac
We're in the same shoes, when I play less poker I smoke more weed, when I smoke more weed I do less school work and you're in engineering it doesn't work out so well. So I guess I should get clean, drop school TP/MM. Keep up the higher education.YOU CAN DO IT

It's a good call. Even if you're doing it to please other people now, later in life you'll feel much better about yourself.