Answer To Quizz Question #21

I wasn't being serious. Just so you know. :club:
Okay =) Hard to tell sarcasm sometimes.In either case, I think what I'd do in this hand is first think it out like we did here, then say, "I saw your cards so I call. Let's check with the tournament director to see if my seeing your cards makes the hand a misdeal." This way, you develop an image as a thinking player and an honorable player while making the correct move. I think that would strike the right balance of fear and respect into your opponents.
  • 2 weeks later...

This year was my first World Series of Poker. I sat at that table scared @#%less for 9 hours. The best hands i saw were 99 and AK, played them both so poorly I cringe everytime i look back and wonder what could have been. 9000 people? Phil Ivey AND Gus Hansen at my table? No question i'm taking the gamble right then and there, at least that way I've got some ammo that can threaten Phil and Gus and if i have a good starting hand i can employ a "kill phil" strategy against them without risking my tournament life. $10,000 is a lot of green to put in play for the average college student (or regular person, i guess) but the lesson i learned for next year's WSOP, and of more immediate importance the WPT event at Borgata... is that it's a tournament, the buy in is history, might as well play to win!Phil :club:

• 1 month later...

Why on earth would anyone think it would be a better call with 22? With AK, you already have QJ beat. To beat you, they would have to catch at least a Q or J. NOW, say they were to catch a Q or J on the flop, if you had 22, you would have significantly less outs to improve on the turn or river, you only have 2 more 2s to make trips. With AK, however, you have 3 As and 3 Kings left in the deck, so you have a far better chance to draw out and beat the QJ on the turn or river.If you were to know your odds, 22 against QJ is actually the slightest underdog. QJ wins that race just over 52% of the time.