So I railed BKice's final table tonight and I have a few things I want to say. I've already posted a couple things in his thread but this is more extensive. The chat at that final table was absolutely embarassing. One thing that I think annoys the hell out of me is that I have always been proud to call FCP my "home". When people act like tools in the chat box and are "representing" FCP, it truly embarasses me. In situations like this where people pronounce they are from FCP, they are representing Daniel and they are representing the rest of us. I for one, do not want people thinking just because a bunch of FCP'ers want to act like 3 year olds that all of FCP is that way. Just an example- GB2005 (a respected poster on P5's), was railing 3 handed because one of his boys was there. When the guy busted, several people from FCP were total douchebags to both the person who got knocked out (great job piling on) and GB2005. Keep in mind all of this was after a few people were acting like idiots at Chucksty's FT last night. But I move on.I know we always talk about the forum going downhill, blah, blah, blah but for the first time I really believe it (see Blair Rodman post). It seems like there are tons of people on here who post just so they can see their avatar pop up on the screen and add absolutely nothing of value. Not surprising that it is many of those same people that act like douchebags in chat. I know Custom posted something a few days ago saying there were 2 options: A) Pull out the whoopin stick B)Slaps on the wrist. I am not saying the mods have done anything wrong since we all know their jobs are extremely difficult but personally I think it is time for Option A to kick into full gear. With all the changes going on with the poker climate including FCP, now is the time to be getting more traffic. Sadly, with the quality of posts that occur here these days, not gonna happen.Enough good poker players and posters have been chased off by the crap that goes on here. Here is hoping we can put a stop to that.

People could just stand to be a little nicer altogether. Just because you are on the internet and there are no consequences to you because of the dumb things you say, doesn't mean you need to say them. Some people need to keep their "jerk" reflex to themselves and try a little civility.

I agree with pretty much everything you posted. It's one thing to rail an FCPer and support our boys (which I think we should definitely be doing), but it's another to be a d-bag about it. Anyone who is representing FCP in that manner would not be welcome on my rail and I'd be very embarassed by them.

Example of what was said?
General douchebagness. You know, stuff for the 4 year olds. Telling the other player that BKice slept with his mom. Arguing with each other over how bad of a poster the other is. Arguing with each other over ummmm....just about everything. Spamming the chatbox with FCP for a full 2 minutes.
General douchebagness. You know, stuff for the 4 year olds. Telling the other player that BKice slept with his mom. Arguing with each other over how bad of a poster the other is. Arguing with each other over ummmm....just about everything. Spamming the chatbox with FCP for a full 2 minutes.
Noted.And on that note.... If I want a rail thread, i'll start one myself... don't make one for me. (If I ever make a FT)
Noted.And on that note.... If I want a rail thread, i'll start one myself... don't make one for me. (If I ever make a FT)
LOL. Just make sure its on Stars because it seems that as long as you need the buy in to chat, they stay away. Wonder why that is?

agreed, the rail was pretty bad, even towards the end when ppl were going at jmoney, whatever the problem ppl have with him should be kept away from the rail. We are supposed to be supporting a fellow fcper, not only that but to also represent FCP as a community. I think the flaming needs to be toned down within our own threads as well, but thats another story.

is there a Rail Etiquette thread somewhere? i'd like to know what is considered 'proper' form. i rail occasionally from work & restrict myself to mostly gl & nh type comments w/ maybe the occasional joke.

is there a Rail Etiquette thread somewhere? i'd like to know what is considered 'proper' form. i rail occasionally from work & restrict myself to mostly gl & nh type comments w/ maybe the occasional joke.
Actually no. There is the don't be a dumb *** etiquette. As long as you can do that then you are good to go.
im sorry what? I was looking at ur avatar the whole time haha :club:

a little fcp spamming never hurt anyonethe only bad thing was people flaming each other and other railers when we were supposed to be there to root on astro's that was stupidi feel where you're coming from rdog, we have an amazingly cool core of posters, it sucks when that gets overshadowed by douchebaggery on the rail at pokersites.

The 2 mintues of non-stop lines of "FCP" is absoltley rediculous. All its going to do is have other non-FCP'ers look down on the site and cause chats to be banned.Everyone should just stick to wishing the playing we are watching GL, etc. and keep the personal arguements to AIM, etc. Even though I did get involved in doing just that last nigt, I quickly realized that it was doing anyone on the forum any good and would like to apologize.

I know Custom posted something a few days ago saying there were 2 options: A) Pull out the whoopin stick B)Slaps on the wrist. I am not saying the mods have done anything wrong since we all know their jobs are extremely difficult but personally I think it is time for Option A to kick into full gear. With all the changes going on with the poker climate including FCP, now is the time to be getting more traffic. Sadly, with the quality of posts that occur here these days, not gonna happen.Enough good poker players and posters have been chased off by the crap that goes on here. Here is hoping we can put a stop to that.
I agree with BDC that you need to space out your posts a little to make them easier to read, but I agree overall. The bolded parts are the ones I'm responding to in particular.1- The mods really cannot win. If they "pull out the whoopin stick" and start suspending or banning people who are either annoying, contribute nothing or are making negative posts/comments, the rest of the idiots will chime in saying that the place is "over moderated" and the mods are nazi's. Also, if they banned every poster who sucked, GenPoker would probably be left with 5 or 6 posters, and the forum overall might have 50-100 posters total. By the same token, if they aren't harsh enough on people, posts like this pop up to remind everyone of how idiotic the people around here are becoming. Unfortunately, anyone who reads this forum realized that a long time ago and are now either adding to it, or avoiding it all together.2- Agreed. Unfortunately for us, and FCP as a community, it doesn't look like there is much hope for a clean, respectable forum where all aspects are mostly contructive and the majority of posters contribute actual thought and intellect.3- Good luck. Posts like these have been popping up all over the place since I've been around (coincidence?) and it's only gotten worse. The idiots will flock here, they'll spam, flame (badly), post 3000 times in a week, waste space without providing any content, start fights, extend fights, and act like 5 year olds. Don't get me wrong, I'll jump in and bust out the flame-thrower every once in a while, but it's usually toward the real idiots who probably would be the first to get banned if the mods "broke out the whoopin stick". The mods can pick out the true wastes of life and space and ban them, but almost always it will be followed by a backlash of people claiming that this place has become "over-moderated" and talking about free-speech and all that bullshit.It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40, but that's why they all have < $1mil bankrolls and are constant winning players at every level ever, and I don't know what I'm talking about.

I couldn't agree with the OP more. Basically, if you're going to represent FCP while railing, you are representing all of us and I don't want people thinking I'm some unrespectful douchebag who screams 'FCP FCP FCP FCP FCP FCP' everywhere.Laughing at someone who busted out or dissing their play or such because they are not an FCPer is not acceptable as the chances are they are a much better player than you and thats why they are at the playing with the person we are railing and not you.It may just be me but the forum seems to have declined since it became Invision. Obviously it's just a coincidence though.I would seriously like to see the annoying cockfags on here banned, those who make stupid threads. General used to be awesome, we had some great genuine discussion and plenty of railing threads. Now there is just too much crap to wade through to get to it.

Railing 1011) if we didn't want you there, we wouldn't post rail threads, so show up like an invited guest.2) as an invited guest, you don't tell the host that his other friends are all idiots. by the same token, the other people at a table have paid to play where you have not. show some respect for ALL the players while cheering for your fellow FCP player.3) bad play is ALWAYS encouraged in the other players. an occasional "nice hand" to someone's bad play encourages them to do it more and improves the chances of the FCP player. also, when someone is knocked out a simple "good game, <insert name>" is sufficient. you can come back to the rail thread if you absolutely feel the need to say they played badly. do NOT do so at the table. it encourages them to play better & you might be up against them at a future date.4) saying that you are railing for an FCP friend is a Good Thing. saying it 500 times? not so much.5) ENJOY the rail. funny is always welcome.6) do not discuss any ongoing hand, this is Bad Form at any poker table. online does not give you the right to influence a hand in any way. detailed analysis can be done in the rail thread, and will be appreciated here even more than coming here to call the other players donks. we already know that everyone else is a donk. explaining why is added value.

It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40, but that's why they all have < $1mil bankrolls and are constant winning players at every level ever, and I don't know what I'm talking about.LOL what a self absorbed ******Hi there yea its really sad that I am so much more mature than anyone posting on this threadsorry I cant even berate this guy its a futile effortHi there I am far superior to you all....have a nice day omg what a loserIt's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40sorry but thats the most self absorbed PATHETIC post Ive ever seen

It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40, but that's why they all have < $1mil bankrolls and are constant winning players at every level ever, and I don't know what I'm talking about.LOL what a self absorbed ******Hi there yea its really sad that I am so much more mature than anyone posting on this threadsorry I cant even berate this guy its a futile effortHi there I am far superior to you all....have a nice day omg what a loserIt's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40It's sad that I'm probably younger then a good handful of the posters around here, yet I act more mature at 20 then they do at 40sorry but thats the most self absorbed PATHETIC post Ive ever seen
Its funny that you would come in and post crap in this thread since you are one of the people I am referring to. If your chat hadn't been banned the night before at Chucksty's table (rightfully so), you would have been right in the middle of all the crap last night.

Hey RDog, I completely agree with what you said. I was watching the FT and wanted to say GL, but it got swamped with people posting ridiculous stuff and embarassing FCP. I'm sure you felt the same way. I even posted in the rail thread to stop, but I doubt it works. I'm being a hypocrite because I've done it in the past, but I try to be as respectful as possible towards others. There is nothing wrong with cheering and saying FCP, but when you get into calling the other guy "NLnoob" or saying "Wow I bet that guy had AK" or " CALL HE"S BLUFFING" or "You shoulda called that" and all the other drama that was already mentioned, it really gets to be disrespectful.