Is It Wise To Show A Bluff?

There are times it pays to be theatrical, but in general, no.For instance, I was in a tournament where player made a basic position bet, tookthe pot and showed everyone his rags that totally missed. So, on the next hand, I call his raise preflop and eventually push him off of pocket tens :club: (he was stronger than I realized!) on a low connected board, so I spun my hand up reminding him that he should have just taken that pot he bluffed and been happy. I was table captain from then on, and stayed out of my way until the table broke.That was a useful play then, but it was part of my specific purpose at the time. In retrospect, I was also just as relieved that he didn't call my bluff down! But, if you are going to show your bluff, you need to have a very specific reason for doing so. Giving away information is a bad policy in general.

i think that is it a good idea to show a huge bluff once in a while but no small little ones where there is hardly any money in the pot. It definatley gets your opp. to think through if u are doing it again later on in the game.

A good reason not show a bluff is that next time you come in, you have to have a hand, meaning it makes you not able to bluff for a while.

I show a bluff once in a while. If i am playing someone that gets mad easily, for sure i'll show them. But the thing i sometimes get worried about is if i am giving off tells when i bluff and if i show them it is a bluff they catch on. Not sure if i do, but i have always tried figuring it out, can't find any, but there are some people out there that read people very well.

So, um. I've got a poker question. Do you think that when you have big hands, you should bet them or just check? I watched Rounders the other day, and if you just check and check when you have a good hand, it seems like you can really trick the other guy. This is called "slow-playing".Then, the other day, I got into a 3/6 limit game, and I got AA! Pocket Rockets! I just called to be tricky. Some guy raised me, and I just called again. I ended up calling all the way to the river, and all he had was a pair of tens. Boy was he ever surprised when I turned ROCKETS over! He had no idea! So, uh, what do you think guys?
It depends on the situation. If you have AA or KK and you just call but there are 3 other people in the hand as well, you have a bigger chance of getting drawn out on with smaller cards. It has happened to me. Actually the problem I've had a couple times when my strategy is to check and wait for someone to raise preflop so I can reraise, but then for some reason after so many preflop raises by them, they don't do it on my hand, and now there are 4 others in the hand and they draw out. Had this happen the other day against 63 diamonds. Most of the time I bet out. In that situation it was tough because I think there were 6 others still to act so I thought I'd get someone to raise preflop.Like I said, depends on the situation, how many others going to the flop. I prefer one or two, but of course if 3 are all in and I have AA, more than likely I'm calling. 99.999% chance lol. How ever I have made good moves in folding those big pocket pairs with seeing whats on the board and the betting taking place. And when the players are done racing, I get to see I made a smart laydown.
It depends on the situation. If you have AA or KK and you just call but there are 3 other people in the hand as well, you have a bigger chance of getting drawn out on with smaller cards. It has happened to me. Actually the problem I've had a couple times when my strategy is to check and wait for someone to raise preflop so I can reraise, but then for some reason after so many preflop raises by them, they don't do it on my hand, and now there are 4 others in the hand and they draw out. Had this happen the other day against 63 diamonds. Most of the time I bet out. In that situation it was tough because I think there were 6 others still to act so I thought I'd get someone to raise preflop.Like I said, depends on the situation, how many others going to the flop. I prefer one or two, but of course if 3 are all in and I have AA, more than likely I'm calling. 99.999% chance lol. How ever I have made good moves in folding those big pocket pairs with seeing whats on the board and the betting taking place. And when the players are done racing, I get to see I made a smart laydown.
Your post makes me smile.
loooooooooooooool. I agree.
in all seriousness... he missed Iggy's joke; but he's not completely nuts.Calling and re-raisng preflop with AA is a very legitimate play at an aggressive table. If you get in the situation and no one raises behind you, well, you see a flop 5 handed sometimes and should procede accordingly (flop texture, reads, etc), understanding a wide range of hands is out against you.help me see the ridiculousness of the post?I"m not saying it's flawless strategy post, but not one to laugh at for his first time.***************and welcome Trader1499.excuse my strategy cohorts, they can be vicious.

I think that showing a bluff in a poker game could be good for hiding your playing style, but it have to be performed rarely, and only in certain situations. It will be really nice if you succeed in winning a huge pot with a bluff, and then to show it to your opponent, that will make him mad, and you could get the benefits of that as the game proceeds.Bryan Nelson