The Official University Of Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

all those 4th quarter come backs amounted to was possibly postponing Pelini's firing a year. Hopefully this ass kicking was sufficient to get him fired. Two massive losses on national television are not expectable. I'm embarrassed by Pelini. By the way he acts on the sidelines. By the way his defense plays. This team is all his plays, and his players stink. He needs to go.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching this Tom Osborne Retrospective. They are showing the 1984 Orange bowl, and the going for two. I know a lot of people will look to his national championships as his defining games. But it took so much courage and principal to go for 2 in that situation that I think that loss was Osborne's finest moment. I couldn't be more proud to be a Husker fan than when I think of that game.

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the Hall of fame, Tommie. Well Deserved and long over due. You were robbed of a heisman, you were a better, blacker Tebow. I'll love you forever, bad tipper or no.

• 1 month later...

yeah, Eddie George won it that year, a complete joke. Triple option quarterbacks are hard to judge on pure stats, because they (particularly Nebraska QB's) don't put up gaudy passing yards. They don't get credit for the decision making they have to do, to hand it off to the full back, to execute a pitch to the half back or keep it themselves. It's tricky, and he was sublime at it. ANd was a beast.

Boyd Epley should have won like 9 Heismans. I'm sure they were working out super hard and whatnot, but Epley was the first guy to have guys abuse the shit out of steroids, right?

lol people in Nebraska are so naive too. They would always talk about Nebraska's "world class weight room" as if there was something about their weights and machines that made people's muscles grow bigger. Dr. Tom would never allow drug use and cheating! lol..

Two players kicked off the team yesterday. One of them hit a third player in the head with a bottle at a party. That's being reported. Word is that the second player kicked off started the whole thing by dumping a beer on 4 year starting quarterback, all time yards leader, Taylor Martinezs head. This led to a huge fight. Guy was kicked off after a team vote.

Solid stuff all around.

yeah, Eddie George won it that year, a complete joke. Triple option quarterbacks are hard to judge on pure stats, because they (particularly Nebraska QB's) don't put up gaudy passing yards. They don't get credit for the decision making they have to do, to hand it off to the full back, to execute a pitch to the half back or keep it themselves. It's tricky, and he was sublime at it. ANd was a beast.

Robbery. Frazier and Charlie ward were the two best "college" QBs I ever saw. That 1995 team was the tits. Only team id seriously entertain as being on the 2001 Canes level. What they did to UF was mean.

Robbery. Frazier and Charlie ward were the two best "college" QBs I ever saw. That 1995 team was the tits. Only team id seriously entertain as being on the 2001 Canes level. What they did to UF was mean.

Vince Young is the best college QB of all time. He got robbed for the Heisman, too.. His best games were the biggest games they played. Those Rose Bowls and that ohio state game.. were things of pure magic. He's my favorite all time non-husker player, and i HATE Texas, which should tell you how enamored I was of him. That USC game was the best performance by an individual I've ever seen in football.