The Official University Of Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread

they could, but would they? and he's a nebraska guy, born and raised. let's bring him home.

So he probably already knows how terrible the weather is there. I've never understood how the whole "hometown" angle lures these suckers back to hell. If you're a California kid, and your contract with OKC or Minnesota is up, it makes total sense that west coast cities are going to be favored. When you are from Nebraska or Cleveland, living someplace nice for years, choosing to return shows a massive character flaw. They'd finally escaped the plantation, but are missin' massa' somethin' awful.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) You don't understand the grip of husker nation on a players heart. He was a God here, he may want to chase that dragon. 2) He's ten years of success at UO and head coaching someplace small (and winning there) from a head coaching job as big as Nebraska. He's very young, its great for his career.

Now, after 3 big ten titles and a chip, he wants to go coach SeHawkks, or The Dolphins, I can't hate.

1) You don't understand the grip of husker nation on a players heart.

Interesting...I hadn't considered Stockholm syndrome, but it does make a ton of sense.

If they actually offered him HC, I'd still think he was ruining his life, but at least would place some kind of value on not living someplace nice.

We don't have a lot of years on this planet, McGee.

Better to reign in Hell than serve in heaven, David. It's hard to describe what it's like in this town, if you're just a scrub husker player, let alone the QB of a national championship winning team. Lincoln is pretty much all white, and people have a mixture of hatred and terror black people. But black husker players are basically treated like white people here, including daughter dating passes. Ndamukong suh could could claim the right of prima nocta. But a white, golden haired quarterback of a national championship team? I can't imagine what his life was like in 1998. He remembers the reverence the town held Osborne in. If he has political aspirations, he could literally run for national office in Nebraska, like Osborne did, and likely win, like Osborne did. There are other places where football means that much, but there's no where that Frost already means so much. There's no where that he'd actually get the job right now. He'd need to have success at a mid major first. Except here.

That's the biggest issue, is he's so young, and people might be gun shy, but my god, this is absolutely the only chance. You can get a potential husker lifer, who has an incredible offensive pedigree, and runs one of the most complex and innvoative systems in college football, and does it well. That's what we need in nebraska. IT makes sense on all levels.

• Like 1

Better to reign in Hell than serve in heaven, David.

I think this is where we part ways in outlook, McGee. Neither the torment of hell nor Nebraskan winters are to be joked about like this. It's a cute thing to say, until you are actually separated from God.

Interested to see what Riley does with Nebraska's offense. His teams haven't exactly been known for their rushing prowess. That being said, I think this was a very lateral move, and certainly a surprising one. His record hasn't been very impressive the last few years, but he should have much better recruits at Nebraska than he had at Oregon State. I think he will keep Nebraska at its current level, but I have a hard time believing he can lead the program beyond that. Inevitably I think he only lasts a few years with moderate success.

I'd trade him for Ferentz in a heartbeat though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...