The Official University Of Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread

Anyway, with Rutgers and Maryland, there are two more spots left and I wonder who will get them. I always thought ND would get it, but now I doubt it with their ACC affiliation. I guess OU and OKstate could come as a package, but I would bet on them going to the pac 10. IT's hard for me to imagine who they would go after. I never would have guessed Rutgers if you'd given me 40 guesses before it was announced.

As much as I hate it, Rutgers makes perfect sense. Getting even a small piece of the New York/Jersey market over the next generation is very valuable.

No idea who the Big10 ends up with. They want Texas/OU. They probably won't let Texas keep their RSN, so it looks like OU and, I dunno, Mizzou? OKST?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizzu makes sense.. andI guess OK, but I Think they don't want to lose their rivalry with Texas, so I would guess they go where texas goes. Maybe some random Texas school like TCU or something, just to get a piece of texas?

Also, wang made a post like that about Evanston once, but I can't find it, and it's tilting the shit out of me. Thought I had my smoking gun. You win this round, nick.

I'm not him and all the other stuff I say every time this comes up.

Happy Valley is good (or at least it was before the Sandusky thing.....I'm sure it's still fine). Huge frat scene, kids who are smart but not TOO smart if you know what I mean. Very much a fun party school and the college town LOVES the school because the community is utterly dependent on it.

I don't, exactly. I wasn't A BRAIN in high school or anything, but I found almost no correlation between admissions standards and campus fun. I tended to enjoy myself at smart schools, but I'll admit I was probably handicapping the race a bit BECAUSE NERDS

It's not just meatheads but it's not nerds either. If that helps. For instance, "partying" at the Univ. of Chicago or Princeton was basically painful. Whereas Dartmouth was pretty fun. I think there is a line of demarcation but maybe I am overstating it. Happy Valley is a lot of fun.

Mizzu makes sense.. andI guess OK, but I Think they don't want to lose their rivalry with Texas, so I would guess they go where texas goes. Maybe some random Texas school like TCU or something, just to get a piece of texas?

TCU is a nonstarter for a number of reasons, including their small enrollment (I'd guess under 10,000), small endowment (under 3B), lack of a presence in any sport besides football, and, most importantly, their religious affiliation and private status. Northwestern is the only private school in the Big 10, and despite it having no religious affiliation, it is the biggest outlier in the conference.

Also, Mizzou is in the SEC, I think. I forgot they moved with A+M

Yeah, Mizzou is taken. It still feels like Notre Dame to the Big 10 should happen. OU and OKst are weird fits. KU is actually a decent fit from an academic standpoint but I don't know if they bring enough to the table. I think OU and Texas go to the Pac 16. Iowa State seems underwhelming but maybe they get lucky?

It's not just meatheads but it's not nerds either. If that helps. For instance, "partying" at the Univ. of Chicago or Princeton was basically painful. Whereas Dartmouth was pretty fun. I think there is a line of demarcation but maybe I am overstating it. Happy Valley is a lot of fun.

I think the biggest things are tradition, campus layout, and campus police. If you've got a campus that is well organized, with reasonable police, everyone can have fun, especailly if there are traditionally awesome things to do that everyone likes. Every college kid likes to party, so intelligence of average student is probably unimportant.

Maybe wealth distribution? I can imagine partying with fags wearing blazers and talking about experiences 1/100th of 1% could share is pretty lame.

Yeah, Mizzou is taken. It still feels like Notre Dame to the Big 10 should happen. OU and OKst are weird fits. KU is actually a decent fit from an academic standpoint but I don't know if they bring enough to the table. I think OU and Texas go to the Pac 16. Iowa State seems underwhelming but maybe they get lucky?

Zero percent chance. Marcus Fizer is not walking through that door.

Penn had a very tolerant campus police force (since they had bigger things to worry about in West Philly) so I think that is an excellent point. Princeton is just full of d-bags. And the whole eating club thing is just strange.

Lincoln is horrible party town. Every off campus party gets insta shut down, and it's a dry campus that is Draconianly enforced. Nebraska was ahead of the college party are a giant liablity risk curve, and were stomping down on parties 20 years ago. It has a decent college bar scene, but that's it. I would guess it's the second worst party town in the big 10 (though a million miles better than Evantston)

Penn had a very tolerant campus police force (since they had bigger things to worry about in West Philly) so I think that is an excellent point. Princeton is just full of d-bags. And the whole eating club thing is just strange.

Never really been to an Ivy League campus, but I'd guess Princeton being lame is as much about entitlement as it is about intelligence. I know two people who graduated from Ivy League schools. One is a trust fund kid who understands he is a trust fund kid. He is both lame and understanding. I imagine he oscillated between sucking and not sucking in college. Now he is okay, in the sense that he makes fun of himself, picks up a lot of tabs because he's rich, but still randomly mentions Aspen because that's all he understands. The other was upper middle class, and incredibly normal in every way, except he was a gorgeous alcoholic who would finish three pints a day, every day, without letting on.

Edit: That paragraph had no purpose

I would love to see KU Hoop in the Big10. They can hang out and play football against Indiana. Whatever. Not sure how much money they're worth, though. They don't really help the Big 10 enter any new TV markets apart from metro KC, which isn't that big.

I know some folks who were pretty stoked about 2008 KU basketball. CHALMERS4LYFE

Chalmers could go on a 3-state rape-spree and I wouldn't give a fuck. He's Mario-fucking-Chalmers, people. I still get goosebumps when I open my laptop and see the picture of Chalmers I have set as my background, the one of him kinda walking toward the camera celebrating. Fucking Chalmers. Suck on THAT, Bizzle.

• Like 3

I hate the University of Chicago and it's Alumni so much. What I hate most about the University of Chicago, is they did away with sports like 100 years ago, and I don't even get the satisfaction of Northwestern beating up on them in Football. It's hilarious (and quintessentially Northwestern) that our biggest rival school won't even show up on the field. It's infuriating.

• Like 1

Nah, I enjoyed it Nick because I know those characters well. I bet the first kid went to boarding school.

I bet I am one of the few people who loves Mario ****ing Chalmers and it is completely unrelated to Kansas basketball.

• Like 2

i dont get why you're pretending. there's only seven of us left here and we all love you. step out of the shadows and into the light. it'll feel good.

Dutch has already offered to pay your debts for you, there's no shame in needing help

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck all of you.

(Thank God I'm not Wang, because if he'd respond to condescension and whatever other patronizing nonsense you'd throw at him, he's half a half-man.)

I promise I am not him. I promise I promise I PROMISE.

My cat is burrowing into a drawer.

Also, wang made a post like that about Evanston once, but I can't find it, and it's tilting the shit out of me. Thought I had my smoking gun. You win this round, nick.

We'll get him one of these times. He'll screw up and repeat something.

Zero percent chance. Marcus Fizer is not walking through that door.

It's not zero, and that's because it's growing like lightning. They went from 31 flat in Fall 12, to 33.5 this fall. That's a huge jump. It's going to be 40k in less than 3 years at this rate. That will mean something, and it will be at just the right time.

Also, Ames is a fantastic college town.

It's not zero, and that's because it's growing like lightning. They went from 31 flat in Fall 12, to 33.5 this fall. That's a huge jump. It's going to be 40k in less than 3 years at this rate. That will mean something, and it will be at just the right time.

Well all of that is nonsense

Just like this nonsense?

Yeah, that was stupid. Sometimes I say things that are wrong. This is one of those things. My alma matter's endowment is 1.7B. Purdue's is 1.9. Penn State 1.8. Indiana 1.6.

Anyway, none of these are even close to 3.0B. 1.2B would be a little below par for a b10 university, but not in any way that is important

edit ALL OF WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE IS STILL NONSENSE