The Official University Of Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah.. their starting QB and starting RB are out. I wouldn't expect them to do much.
yeah, but you seemed to imply that ISU was crushing nebraska with their qb and rb, and it's not the case. Nebraska is dominating them defensively. 6 turnovers and 9 points is a joke, a good team would be up 35 on nebraska right now
yeah, but you seemed to imply that ISU was crushing nebraska with their qb and rb, and it's not the case. Nebraska is dominating them defensively. 6 turnovers and 9 points is a joke, a good team would be up 35 on nebraska right now
Not how I meant it but okay. If it makes you feel any better, Iowa State should probably be 5-1 right now.
  • 2 weeks later...

godmotherfuckingdammitI have no idea how a strong team over the last few years can't recruit a decent place kicker. Stoops, if you know your kicker sucks why are you giving him so many long attempts?Suh is a beast of a football player.Congrats Nebraska. Beating a crippled with injuries OU is something you can hang your entire season on. I'm not going to complain about the pass interference no call that gave the Huskers the ball on the 2 yard line because I think Nebraska legitimately beats OU even without those 7 points.

Oh... those grapes must taste SOOOOO sour..
I tried to temper the excuse train with my other comments but I just couldn't help myself. Please win the north.
Congrats Nebraska. Beating a crippled with injuries OU is something you can hang your entire season on. I'm not going to complain about the pass interference no call that gave the Huskers the ball on the 2 yard line because I think Nebraska legitimately beats OU even without those 7 points.
fuck you.
  • 2 weeks later...

amazingly close to being 10-1 right now. but despite the offensive problems, BO has certainly done his job. the defense is outstanding. i hope he will man up and fire watson after the season. but either way i'm very happy right now considering where we were.would love to see some cody green in there next week. he needs some plays.

Remember when BigD was wondering if Nebraska or Notre Dame was in worse shape a couple years ago?
seems like a long time ago. we did lose to iowa state this year though. so i wont brag to much.
Remember when BigD was wondering if Nebraska or Notre Dame was in worse shape a couple years ago?
Not quite correct. I poised the poll question, but I thought ND was in worse shape.
seems like a long time ago. we did lose to iowa state this year though. so i wont brag to much.
your mom's not much to brag about.
Not quite correct. I poised the poll question, but I thought ND was in worse shape.
But you thought it was close!Anyway, I wasn't calling you out or anything; more like pointing out how ND has made no progress at all.
where do you stand on Lee and Green and Watson and the offensive struggles?
I stand where I have since they hired Callahan.. going to a pro style offense is a mistake in Nebraska, where you have to recruit 5 star play makers from half way across the country. If you run an option offense ( or other non-traditiona, non pro style offense) you can recruit players that may be super talented, but don't fit into big time program's systems, precisely. But if you run a pro style offense, why would a big time recruit (read: fast black player) come to Nebraka, when they could stay in Florida, Louisiana, Texas, california, and play for Florida, miami, lsu, texas, usc. I don't think Nebraska's "pro style" offense is ever going to be good.. or at least, is ever going to be elite, due to lack of talent.
I stand where I have since they hired Callahan.. going to a pro style offense is a mistake in Nebraska, where you have to recruit 5 star play makers from half way across the country. If you run an option offense ( or other non-traditiona, non pro style offense) you can recruit players that may be super talented, but don't fit into big time program's systems, precisely. But if you run a pro style offense, why would a big time recruit (read: fast black player) come to Nebraka, when they could stay in Florida, Louisiana, Texas, california, and play for Florida, miami, lsu, texas, usc. I don't think Nebraska's "pro style" offense is ever going to be good.. or at least, is ever going to be elite, due to lack of talent.
I do agree with you. Would love to see a move back to the power option. Or perhaps the triple option like down at georgia tech.seems to me that such an offense would fit perfectly with Bo's style. i dont think they're gonna fire Watson though.
  • 2 weeks later...
Jesus, if Nebraska had anything that remotely resembled an offense this game would already be a blowout.
ThisThe only thing that may suck as much as their play calling...is Texas' play calling right now.Horrible football right now. I'd like to give credit to the defenses but how many passes have Cornhusker receivers dropped?Longhorns run 4 yard patterns when they need 6 and Colt throws it wide.Both Longhorns INT's were like fair catching a punt with all the hang time those throws had on them.