The Official University Of Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread

Anyone think Houston Nutt would be a canidate it Arkansas and he part ways? I remember he was their #1 choice back when they fired Solich, but he opted to return to Arkansas. I didn't watch the Colorado game, and deleted it from my DVR when I saw the score.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think Houston Nutt would be a canidate it Arkansas and he part ways? I remember he was their #1 choice back when they fired Solich, but he opted to return to Arkansas.
I bet Nebraska wants a bigger name than that.
I bet Nebraska wants a bigger name than that.
Nebraska can "want" all they want for a bigger candidate, but I don't think they will get it. I think they will have to get a talented couch who's either an assistant, or on the next tier level down of schools, because I don't think a coach from a major college program in a major confrence will leave their job to go to nebraska, unless it's a very small program like vandy or something. Nebraska just isn't as good of job as nebraskans would like it to be, right now. I'm very nervous about this hire. I really hope Osborne doesn't just hire Turner Gill out of loyalty.
I really hope Osborne doesn't just hire Turner Gill out of loyalty.
amen dudelocal talk is all about pelini...everyone wants this dude to coach. just look at the alamo bowl against michigan. the players were all fired up and played with intensity. that comes from having a coach that has some fire in him. its the intangible "something" osborne said callahan/the players this year were missing.

As long as Pelini gets someone good to run the offense, Im fine with him taking over. But it wouldnt bother me if Turner Gill was given the job. I just want the new coach to have passion, intelligence, and respect. And an innovative offense.

As long as Pelini gets someone good to run the offense, Im fine with him taking over. But it wouldnt bother me if Turner Gill was given the job. I just want the new coach to have passion, intelligence, and respect. And run the spread option, because it's really badass.
FYP
"Gary Bargen, assistant athletic director in charge of compliance, said the interim AD tag would have limited Osborne to meeting with prospective recruits only if they visited campus. Now he can visit recruits in schools and homes until Dec. 15."they could have limited the article to that sentence and been done.

I just hope that Nebraska starts winning again... other wise bo might die

I just hope that Nebraska starts winning again... other wise bo might die
I think that most fans will be patient with Bo, as long as the team he fields is competitive. No more giving up 60+ points, ever. That is unnaceptable. And as long as the players believe in the coaches I dont think that will be a problem. I just hope they change the offense so that it incorporates a more sophisticated running game, i.e. the kind of stuff Arkansas and Florida do. Bo will hand le the defense, of that Im sure. Just get an innovative O-Coordinator and keep the talent level up and Big 12 titles are on the way.
  • 4 months later...
wait a second, that water mark says 2007, how can be this years spring game?
For some reason, all the photos say Copyright 2007 on them. But that is from this year.
For some reason, all the photos say Copyright 2007 on them. But that is from this year.
You're suspect.But it's a moot point, there were over 80,000 people at that game, if that isn't the picture of it, the crowd looked identical to that.Just amazing.Go Huskers.
  • 1 month later...