Tim's post remind me of stuff already in this thread, but it bears repeating...Michael: "Get rid of the Seaward"Lucille, walking into the room: "I'll leave when I'm good and ready"

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7 episodes in. Can't get, "Hey is that a gal I see, No it's just a fallacy" out of my head.   GOB's delivery on "Here's a mouse, now it's gone," is still slaying me 24 hours after watching it.

15 (new) episode season to be released on Netflix on May 26th

I love you, IFC.George: Hello! Hello from prison. Thanks to Jessie for setting up this telelink. I've started a Torah study group. I'm very excited about it, it looks like we'll have some possible converts.Jessie: Your father's religious now? We'll play that up, it's very sympathetic.Lucille: Yeah, who doesn't love the Jews?Jessie: Why don't you find yourself a new publicist.Michael: Jessie...Jessie: [turns and looks at Michael]Michael: No, I was just...I was just saying your name as, uh, as you walked away. I didn't, uh...I have no follow up.
That entire scene is one of my favorite things ever -- it has the "When did that happen?" line, obviously -- but it has some solid gold work from George, Sr.:"I didn’t quite hear that. The reception’s bad, but as the Talmud tells us... (static) ...to the jackal as to an oxen. (Chuckling.) Did we get a laugh?""Enough of that. I’m sorry. Some of my students, they’re arguing the significance of the shank bone on the seder plate. (static) But that... do not wag our genitals at one another to make a point."

George Sr. [browsing through scripts in the attic]: Armageddon 2: Armageddon...bad title.Also, George Sr: Hey, you tell my brother you don't wear dead-man's pants. Shame on him. And you say that to him, you say, shame on you!George Michael: Okay.George Sr: Say it to me like you're gonna say it to him.George Michael: ...I'm probably not gonna say it to him.

so is this movie still gonna happen? getting to the point too much time is passing where the kids will be too old and akward.
Yes. Hurwitz and Ron Howard have talked about it as recently as a month ago. Hurwitz is writing the screenplay and will be directing too.
Would you believe the stupid bastard programmers aren't showing AD on IFC here in Canada? WTF are they thinking?
buy the dvd set. its like $50 dollars for all 3 seasons. or something in canadian dollars.
  • 2 weeks later...

Season 1 Episode 9 "Storming the Castle"Tobias: "The Gothic Castle."British Cab Driver: "The Gothicassole?"Tobias: "That's what I said."When they get to the Club, as Tobias walks up to the entrance, you can see the letters "-ole" flashing in red neon above the entrance. Just another subtle example of brilliant showcraft. "In case you guys missed it, it's the 'Gothic. Asshole.'"Also, this line kills me:"Ladies and gentlemen, a magician named GOB."

• 3 weeks later...

Last week, on one of the many nights that I was very drunk and high, I was loving two things...Arrested Development and The Royal Tenenbaums. And I noticed for the first time that Tenenbaums uses the same sad Charlie Brown music that's heard in AD. Or maybe it wasn't the first time, but it's the first time I remembered that I noticed it and made a point to say something.

GEEEEENE!!!!
hahaha. All the other lines made me smile, but this one produced an audible laugh.

My new favorite moment of the series:And secondofly, I know you're the big marriage expert. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot: your wife is dead!I mentioned this in the sick thread last night, but, seriously, how well does that epitomize the beauty of the show? Tobias delivers this line, and the 20 second scene is just pure comedic genius. - Tobias is wearing blue face paint. They're sitting around the kitchen island, and Tobias is just hanging out, face painted blue.- He says "first of all" and then "second-of-ly." I missed that at least the first 5 viewings. "Secondofly." Wow. - Jason Bateman is really struggling to keep it together. After Tobias drops the "your wife is dead" line, Bateman has a little smirk on his face. I mean, how do you keep a straight face, there? Portia de Rossi looks a little amused as well.- Of course, Cross' delivery is beautiful.

- Tobias is wearing blue face paint. They're sitting around the kitchen island, and Tobias is just hanging out, face painted blue.
Of course...it takes forever to wash that shit off*.*not a direct quote, I couldn't find it
  • 3 weeks later...

George: The boy's pulling away from you. Are we having yams?Michael: Yeah I don't know what's going on with him. You know, he's on Bethlehem time, he's spending every moment of the day with this girl...it's like, I'm his father, he should be spending...George: Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get involved. Believe me, when I thought your first wife was driving us apart, I did not make a stink. Michael: You complained all the time, and she was my only wife. And she died.George: Well, see, things have a way of working themselves out.

• 2 months later...

Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna buy an airport, put my name on it. Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up, Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected- Hey! Where the fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?!

• 1 year later...
the long national nightmare is finally over!AD announces 4th season, and movie!
"Shooting for the TV show is tentatively set to begin next summer."I'll believe it when it happens. Still tentatively excited though. This article has more info: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/02/...866861120111002
And before fans even had the chance to ask the one question every Bluth lover wants to know, Hurwitz spilled the goods about the movie, which will follow a string of nine or 10 new episodes of the show, with each episode planned to catch viewers up on what individual characters have been up to.
UUvF8.jpgHandicapping AD Season 4 Cameo/Bit Part Appearancesaziz ansari 3:1modern family cast member 5:1ricky gervais 5:1bob odenkirk 7:1stewart/colbert/daily show correspondent 9:1the state cast member 13:1chris elliot 19:1colin quinn 22:1wierd al 43:1one of the workaholics 46:1