small stakes hold 'em (book)

I've been reading posts for the past couple of weeks and have ran across many people mentioning this book as a great limit book. I have not heard much about except from this site, was wondering how beneficial people thought it was, my poker library is pretty full and I have many low-limit hold 'em books (my fav being lou krieger's), so I was just looking for some opinion on whether or not I should make the purchase, I play mostly 2-4 when playing limit online. Thanks.

Well I'm sure you know my entire library, but I guess you are just saying it's the best book you've ever read. Who is this by and why is it so good? How's the writing style ie, are their quizzes or write-ins and stuff like that, or is it strictly a lecture type of writing (which I prefer most).

its a book by 2+2 publishing...authors are ed miller , david slansky , mason malmuth. contains preflop, post flop concepts and hand quizzes.Im sure you have books from 2+2 already..since you say you have a full poker book library. The difference from this book from others is that it is a more aggressive style, than compared to other books that teaches a more weak tight style.

I'm definitely ordering this book, post haste!I have SS and SS2 but mostly I found them very entertaining with great stories but not a whole lot that actually benefits my game

Thanks for the information GT, seems like a solid purchase, maybe I'll purchase it, I do agree that most books I've read have come off as weak/tight limit instead of the brand that I believe is correct and portrayed by Harman in SS2.

I just bought and read SSHE, and it's the single most important book I've ever read for my limit game! One of the best side effects of understanding the material in this book is that you're much better prepared for the inevitable bad beats you experience at the table.

Good god, I got this months ago, I thought EVERYONE on this site would have at least 5 copies. One to read, 4 in packaging for 10,000 years later.

chapters.ca doesnt' carry SSHE and no book stores up here carry it either.I'm off to Buffalo this weekend (hopefully get in some poker at Fallsview) and i want to know if i can pick up SSHE at any B&M bookstores in the states.Thanks for anyone's help.

I got my SSHE off of Amazon- but I saw it at Barnes and Noble, which is a HUGE bookstore in the North East- probably further west too. I know they're all over New York. Amazon did good with delivering it though.I'm currently poking through SSHE for the third time, and still picking up little things. Nothing will make you a great limit player in it, but certain things will prevent you from going broke while trying.If it helped SuitedUp's game, I bet it could help anyone's :D

to the OP:the reason this book is far better than the rest is that it teaches you how to MAXIMIZE your winnings. that's the key word, maximize. any book can teach you how to squeak out a profit by only playing top 16 hands, etc., but this book advocates a really aggressive style. "attack, attack, attack" is what this book teaches you, and by following the key concepts in the book, you can really make some good winnings at the low limits. another great thing about this book is that it really teaches you how to adapt to different game conditions. definitely buy it.to jeff:this book is available at barnes&noble and also oxford bookstores. i'd say it's also available at media play, but i'm not sure about that. finally, though, i'd strongly recommend getting it off amazon.com, because amazon book prices are almost always considerably cheaper than the list prices. i've found that poker books that normally cost around $30 cost around $20 on amazon. great savings and nice delivery, too. in fact, you can get free delivery on orders over $25 if you're willing to wait up to 2 weeks.aseem

chapters.ca doesnt' carry SSHE and no book stores up here carry it either.I'm off to Buffalo this weekend (hopefully get in some poker at Fallsview) and i want to know if i can pick up SSHE at any B&M bookstores in the states.Thanks for anyone's help.
i'm in NYC and i bought my copy of SSHE in a Borders bookstore because I didn't want to wait for delivery from conjelco.so ... try Borders but probably makes sense to call ahead.happy hunting.