bad play? maybe

Guest XXEddie

Guest XXEddie

fianl 9 of a 20 man SnG, 15/30 blindsI have roughly 950, i was in 7th and find 55 on the button3 three limpers to me and I raise to 100ok, i know a lot of you dont wont like this play but I like to be aggressive hereSB, and the limpers(EP, MP and CO) callflop; Q67(2 hearts) pot roughly 500checked to me and I bet 250 CO calls(whom now only has 80 left), rest foldturn 9(2 spades now) again he checks, i figure with a 900 pot I cant fold for just 80 so i push him in, he calls and flips K6o, no help on river for meplease do not bash my PF raise cause I know most of you dont like itbut should I have slowed down on the flop and just surrendered the hand

well you asked and you shall not recieve. DOn't raise it PF with Three limpers in there, what sense does it make toher than "To be Aggressive". By limping you can then get away from the hand. Just like poeple need to figure in SIK they need to account for the Filthy McBastard being out there. YOu got McBastarded :-)

Guest XXEddie
well you asked and you shall not recieve. DOn't raise it PF with Three limpers in there, what sense does it make toher than "To be Aggressive". By limping you can then get away from the hand. Just like poeple need to figure in SIK they need to account for the Filthy McBastard being out there. YOu got McBastarded :-)
....meh, i tryed...i kinda see your point, maybe i should stop raising in this positions....i mean they werent even sooooooooooted

I actually don't hate the preflop raise as much as you might expect. I'm a fan of the "raise every hand you play a given amount whether it's aces or 72o" school of thought, so I probably do the same thing.Once I hit the flop, though, having missed completely, and having 3 overs out there, I probably just check/fold. Seems silly, I know, but I don't claim to know what I'm doing in terms of NL.

Think everyone hit the preflop raise as being bad, too many limpers, and if you are going to raise why not go all in? you're in crappy chip position if you want ot be aggressive try and make a-10 66-99 fold pick up the pot. Then if you do raise preflop like you did, and you have all those callers, you have to be in check/fold mode unless you set up, imo

Guest XXEddie
Think everyone hit the preflop raise as being bad, too many limpers, and if you are going to raise why not go all in? you're in crappy chip position if you want ot be aggressive try and make a-10 66-99 fold pick up the pot. Then if you do raise preflop like you did, and you have all those callers, you have to be in check/fold mode unless you set up, imo
why not allin????because the blinds are 15/30 and I have 950thats way too big, even though Im in 7th Im not in that bad of shape, i still have over 30xBB
fianl 9 of a 20 man SnG, 15/30 blinds
2nd or 3rd level blinds and half the people gone? I'd have gone outside and had a smoke and let the other 8 knock each other out for 10 minutes =pI don't particularly hate that preflop raise, but for it to be effective, I think at least pot size is needed (150ish). Hopefully only one or maybe 2 people stay with you to see the flop at that point, and your half pot size bet would probably take it down. If not, fold it at the first available bet.Limping is the obvious play of course.
Guest XXEddie

2nd or 3rd level blinds and half the people gone? I'd have gone outside and had a smoke and let the other 8 knock each other out for 10 minutes =p surprised me too, it was late in the 2nd round,, but people had been getting slammed left and right

I don't particularly hate that preflop raise, but for it to be effective, I think  at least pot size is needed (150ish).
I completely agree with this. A standard 3xBB raise is only really effective at getting players to fold when there's been no callers in front of you. It only takes the first limper to call your raise to give the others good odds to stay in. My rule of thumb is to add 1xBB to a standard raise for every limper there's been in front of me.Also, once there's a few limpers in, making a small raise can actually have the exact opposite effect to the one you're after. A big stack may well call in the blinds with something very marginal, knowing that the limpers are unlikely to reraise and that they can take a shot to hit a lucky flop in a large multiway pot.