Fcp Statement Friday Oct 13th

to be honest, i think it's VERY important that FCP not start its own network and instead join up with another server. i think i speak for a lot of us when i say that i wouldn't even consider playing regularly at a site that is filling tables with a very large % of poker forum (read: strat forum) readers. i play poker first and foremost to make money, and while the community stuff is nice, i wouldn't ever touch a cash game or tourney other than the occasional fun evening that was full of only FCPers (Neg-Os, leagues notwithstanding). and while i realize that other, less experienced players would join up slowly, i think it would be a long while before a large enough (and thus bad enough) base would appear for me to want to play there as my main site.my second primary concern is software. while i do like the games and selection of, say, absolute, the software is utter garbage, and i know that skins can't diverge from the original in any profound way. i feel the same way about prima. java or mac software would be a bigger plus than i think many would realize. put all those together and there's probably not too many options out there.third would be the types of games offered. as many others have said, the more games the better. not much to say there.most of the other ideas i'd suggest have already been covered by others--charter member rakeback or something similar would be pretty awesome.i have a lot of faith that FCP will take great care of all of us, and i wish everyone the best of luck fighting through this tough time.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you miss the part about me saying I dont own a mac? dont misquote me. as far as amd vs intel the core 2 duo is beating amd at every step.
Did you miss the part in my post where I acknowledged Boot Camp?I don't care to get into a Mac vs PC discussion; I just wanted to say it would be nice to continue to have a java option. There are plenty of other reasons to have a java version other than simply to appease the Mac crowd.

Bob...We gotta talk about getting a refund for my Ongame Network ticket. They are referring people back to our operator. I wish the $5200 buy out...I'm planning on stopping playing online until FCP finds a new network. I don't wanna play in Ongame's tourney anymore, however.Hopefully this 5200 refund happens quickly...because I don't wanna get screwed, and transactions are stopping on the 16th.

Bob...We gotta talk about getting a refund for my Ongame Network ticket. They are referring people back to our operator. I wish the $5200 buy out...I'm planning on stopping playing online until FCP finds a new network. I don't wanna play in Ongame's tourney anymore, however.Hopefully this 5200 refund happens quickly...because I don't wanna get screwed, and transactions are stopping on the 16th.
I thought we could cash out at any time???
says it can be refunded as long as you do it before Nov. 4, so there is a little more time at least.
All I know is wherever FCP goes, I got at least 10 people to sign up for an affiliate program. With Pokerstars going out, this leaves alot of players needing somewhere to go. So I hope he picks a good network.
you haven't been following the happenings all that closely have you?
Interesting. I had not seen that site before. Too bad it doesn't list Full Contact Poker.
it doesn't list skins for sites, it only includes the actual network a skin is on
it doesn't list skins for sites, it only includes the actual network a skin is on
My point exactly. My original post was a wild-guess as to the percentage of OnGame players that were coming in specifically from Full Contact Poker. So, how does the link you posted...
learn to use pokersitescout when talking about how many players are at the tables
... as well as the condescending tone help?
My point exactly. My original post was a wild-guess as to the percentage of OnGame players that were coming in specifically from Full Contact Poker. So, how does the link you posted...... as well as the condescending tone help?
the guy that I made that post for cited all of the players on the network, so I gave the pokersitescout link. If he had specified how many players were on FCP then I wouldn't have given the link. It really wasn't condescending, I provided a useful link that everybody should use as opposed to relying on the sign in screen stats. Unless you are primarily a sng or MTT player, that site is probably one of the more useful sites you can use
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I honestly appreciate it more than you know. Everyone has been so positive so far and that's awesome. FCP pride baby, YEEEAH!. I ask you guys to do me a favor and be patient on any further news as to what changes may come to FCP. In the meantime, FCP is still FCP. They aren't going to run off and close up shop. I'm going to take in everything I read on the forums and see if I can influence the people at FCP to give you guys what you want. I actually have the poker bug recently, so you can expect to see me playing a lot more at FCP over the next few days before the WPT tournament. I'm really starting to get my poker mojo back and loving it again. Playing with all these tough young internet players really lits a fire under me and I like that!
Tell you what... I think this is really good news actually.Part of my biggest problem with FCP was the Ongame software. I was not a fan at all.If we can move FCP to somewhere better, or build something new... that would just be the best thing ever. Not Prima though please... I really dislike prima even more than Ongame.If you can find any software anywhere close to what Full Tilt is using... That is the best thing you can do. They have the hands-down best one out there, and getting something in that neighborhood could take FCP to another level.So there is my 2 cents.Good news as far as i'm concerned though.

This is definitely great news! I will also be staying with FCP. In addition to what the others have mentioned, I believe the following features should be implemented/improved for the new FCP:1. Player search function: The current search function is basically useless since it doesn't even tell you whether the player is playing a ring game or tourney. A search that would directly bring up the table at which the searched player is playing would be ideal.2. Hand history: The web-based hand history has to go. It does not show you what your cards were unless you showed down your hand. A graphic hand history would be ideal.3. Current tourney position: While the current FCP shows each players current position in an ongoing tourney, you have to go through each table to see the players' positions. Ideally, this information should be sortable by rank and name.Can't wait to be part of the new FCP!

Lots of good suggestions guys, thanks for taking the time. To answer a few questions:1) A Stand Alone site: FCP is growing rapidly, but I wouldn't want you guys to just play against each other! FCPer's are generally good poker players and the key to any successful site is the presence of suckers! 2) Building Software: A great idea, but so you guys understand, that kind of thing takes a long time to develop. FCP is going to do it's best to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible.

Lots of good suggestions guys, thanks for taking the time. To answer a few questions:1) A Stand Alone site: FCP is growing rapidly, but I wouldn't want you guys to just play against each other! FCPer's are generally good poker players and the key to any successful site is the presence of suckers! 2) Building Software: A great idea, but so you guys understand, that kind of thing takes a long time to develop. FCP is going to do it's best to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible.
How about rakeback?
Heh, I laughed a bit.Good luck, Daniel..can't be an easy time.

personally I'd like to see if FCP could somehow be a Full Tilt skin. You'd have all the high action games and FTs software is some of the best out there. I really hope that FCP doesn't join Prima either as I echo everyone's sentiment that Prima's software blows, not to mention that I am now in one of the states that prima has banned