Fcp Statement Friday Oct 13th

They need to get a legendary programmer and develope their own skin and dominate the market...There are so many improvements that a lot of sites are missing that they can put into a new skin...NEW SKIN PLEASE!! Invest $$ to make $$
I haven't agreed with far too many DanielSon posts (although I do like you buddy, no offense please), this one I wholeheartedly agree with.Why not do this? The FCP's all about community, and lord knows you guys could make a ton off the hope of playing against Negreanu alone, and if you were able to sign some other respectable players, there you go.Let's get the community in on this: say what you like about sites, what you don't like, what games you play, what you don't, what an ideal tourney structure looks like to you, etc.I think if you guys invested enough into making poker software that people LOVE, and get us excited about, I honestly think you could see a good thing happen.
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would vote for Prima if I can give my 2 cents.
prima would be a bad choice since they have already begun banning people in states that have laws on the books outlawing poker. here are the states so far.1. Illinois2. Indiana3. Louisiana4. Michigan5. Nevada6. New Jersey7. New York8. Oregon9. South Dakota10. Washington11. Wisconsin
They have came after Calvin Eyre more than once I believe- the whole point of the legislation is to be an irritant because as of now online poker is not legal in most states, in that it's not regulated by state gaming laws. To the person who claimed it wasn't illegal. Really? Then why only advertise .Net sites? It's not legal, read the fine print when you sign up. Sure it's played in the Bahamas- how did you get there? What did you do to earn the opportunity? Sure, it's buisness as usual- really? Then why is Party Poker purposefully dumping 60 to 70 and by some estimates 80% of buisnesss? Because they don't like money? No, because it's the best course until legislation is introduced that deals with making what we love to do legal. I am still cracking up at the buisness as usual statement. That's like saying that 70 of the worlds airplanes simultaneously blew up, but the airline buisness was buisness as usual.
At one point did you completely lose all touch with reality?Ask yourself this; Why did they go after Calvin Eyre and not Bodog Ari? What makes you think they'd go after Loismustdie instead of Daniel Negreanu/whoever the hell actually owns FCP? They don't send the guy who buys a bag of weed to the pen for 7 years, they send the guy who brought in 152 lbs of weed. Big fish > Small fish.
No, and close, but no.Prima is THE WORST OF THE WORST, factoring in the fact that:
  1. Their tourney structures suck
  2. They have the most resource intensive pile of crap pieces of software I have ever seen
  3. To add to that, their install packs are plagued with spyware
  4. They have the second worst game spreads on the net, first going to Party, third going to Ongame
  5. Other prima skins are pulling the plug too, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole network pull

Tribeca's safe, but I'm not a fan of their game spread. Although I do like Badugi...

What is left? We can't join Full Tilt , Poker Stars, or BoDog; we are running out of options. With exception of the server downtime and not having resizable tables I personally liked the OnGame network.I am not saying that Prima has the best of everything just that I would prefer it over Absolute network. I like the idea of building their own software, but are there enough players on FCP to support a stand alone site? I don't think we have the numbers to keep it self sufficient. We will have to partner with someone else in order to have the player depth. Maybe a partnership with Hollywood poker since they are going to find themself in a similiar situation as FCP. Cheers,Scott
prima would be a bad choice since they have already begun banning people in states that have laws on the books outlawing poker. here are the states so far.1. Illinois2. Indiana3. Louisiana4. Michigan5. Nevada6. New Jersey7. New York8. Oregon9. South Dakota10. Washington11. Wisconsin
yea no to prima
I haven't agreed with far too many DanielSon posts (although I do like you buddy, no offense please), this one I wholeheartedly agree with.Why not do this? The FCP's all about community, and lord knows you guys could make a ton off the hope of playing against Negreanu alone, and if you were able to sign some other respectable players, there you go.Let's get the community in on this: say what you like about sites, what you don't like, what games you play, what you don't, what an ideal tourney structure looks like to you, etc.I think if you guys invested enough into making poker software that people LOVE, and get us excited about, I honestly think you could see a good thing happen.
I would like this idea too, but isn't this what Poker Mountain was? I think it's too big of a risk to go out on your own instead of attaching to a network. If the site was stand alone, there would not be very many people playing in the games.
congratulations to fcp and dn...It is interesting to note, though I am in the minority, the reason I like fcp is bc of dn, of course, but also bc he and fcp chose ongame/pokernetwork software.I wonder why fcp and dn possibly chose this software, as it seems to bot be very popular in the poker community. I prefer it bc I can see pot sizes better, the card flop turn river seem more crisp and I like to use the f1 keys. I just seemed more user friendly than the standard poker sites.
I too like the software. I can see the cards clearly and I really love being able to use the function keys to give my right hand a rest. I have arthritis in my hands and have spent WAY to many hours on the computer over the years. Being able to have another choice for betting etc. is what I need. The more choices the better.I also like the site because I win there. I'm just a stupid micro limit player, but I play almost every day -- and win most of the time. It's a stress reliever -- and a lot more stress gets relieved when I win than win I lose.

ty todd, cheersI just wanted it be known my interest in online poker, fcp, and my experienced opinion.I was curious why ongame was chosen by fcp/dn since most players do not favor the software. Certainly, there was research done and that there was either a good financial deal, or that fcp/dn liked the ongame software, also. This is my point of the question "what was the thought process of fcp/dn going with ongame/bwin?"It's like the mac/pc argument. I have always been a mac person so I started with ongame, but later added a PC so I could play on other sites, as well. I ended back with ongame sites. You would think just bc I was used to it, but what I said about the preferences that I have holds true. gl 2 all wherever u end up

What is left? We can't join Full Tilt , Poker Stars, or BoDog; we are running out of options. With exception of the server downtime and not having resizable tables I personally liked the OnGame network.I am not saying that Prima has the best of everything just that I would prefer it over Absolute network. I like the idea of building their own software, but are there enough players on FCP to support a stand alone site? I don't think we have the numbers to keep it self sufficient. We will have to partner with someone else in order to have the player depth. Maybe a partnership with Hollywood poker since they are going to find themself in a similiar situation as FCP. Cheers,Scott
I'll concur to the fact that all that's left is Absolute, Prima, UB and Tribeca. Prima's almost out of the question, since like I said, they're already banning Americans from skins, with instabans for anyone in a state with laws already on the books.I wouldn't like FCP to go to Tribeca, but I would not be upset if it did happen.You are also forgetting that there's other sites on UB's network. I would not be upset with a move there, but I would honestly prefer Absolute, just because of my game preference.
I would like this idea too, but isn't this what Poker Mountain was? I think it's too big of a risk to go out on your own instead of attaching to a network. If the site was stand alone, there would not be very many people playing in the games.
Well one problem that Poker Mountain had was that the software was, indeed, crap. They hardly promoted at all. They had nothing spread that we couldn't get elsewhere, and didn't have enough volume to bring people in.Also, you're forgetting that people are coming into Daniel's site when they log into FCP. They go to PokerMountain, and they weren't at Daniel's site. That's a huge draw right there.I'll stand by this, if they get a solid design team together, and they listen to our gripes, our praises, and what we want and look for in a poker site, and they deliver, the risk will be worth it.
I'll concur to the fact that all that's left is Absolute, Prima, UB and Tribeca. Prima's almost out of the question, since like I said, they're already banning Americans from skins, with instabans for anyone in a state with laws already on the books.I wouldn't like FCP to go to Tribeca, but I would not be upset if it did happen.You are also forgetting that there's other sites on UB's network. I would not be upset with a move there, but I would honestly prefer Absolute, just because of my game preference.
I hear you. We all have our own personal preferences and we are biased towards them.The shitty thing for me is that I liked things just the way they were. I wish we could stay with the OnGame network. Yes, there are problems with the software, but then again there are problems that can be found in all the gaming software.As a Canadian I can play wherever I like, but I am partial to FCP and would like to continue playing here.I know the people at FCP and Daniel will make the best decision available to them for the long term success of FCP. Their hand has been forced and they will do whatever is necessary to survive. I just hope it is somewhere that the majority of users will be able to live with.Cheers,Scott

FCP should create their own unique poker site, and then let some other skins on as they expand. A little investment in some good programmers from India, install Bob as the Pres., and have Daniel as spiritual adviser(since he lives in the US). Then have the forum community give suggestions to the new programmers on the new poker software. Booya, FCP can be a force in the new online poker market.

If they do a rakeback, there has to be a way for existing members to get it...Especially Charter Members. With thatI hope the charter member perks stay. Thanks again, and i am looking forward to the network switch.

Will the FCP garage sale still be going on now? Horse cash games would certainly be ahead of the game..try that outGo Mets
That would be awesome....Also Multi table (30 or 45 people) sit and go's are important.
Will the FCP garage sale still be going on now? Horse cash games would certainly be ahead of the game..try that outGo Mets
Things I'd love to see on FCP:Razz (yeah, duh)HORSE Cash gameHORSE TournamentsFUND TRANSFERSTriple DrawAnted NLHE Tournament StructuresStable Software
If they do a rakeback, there has to be a way for existing members to get it...Especially Charter Members. With thatI hope the charter member perks stay. Thanks again, and i am looking forward to the network switch.
Im a Charter right?