Fcp Statement Friday Oct 13th

Actually, I would probably advise anybody who wins a seat to not go to the Protoge this time around. Not so sure it's a good idea right now. I understand that some of you might not agree with that statement, and am curious to see what your reasoning would be that it WOULD be a good idea.
Something about the 40k in free buyins would be incentive enough for me. Do you really think they're gonna have Federal Agents ready to arrest Jerry and the gang once they walk in the studio?
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would probably advise anybody who wins a seat to not go to the Protoge this time around. Not so sure it's a good idea right now. I understand that some of you might not agree with that statement, and am curious to see what your reasoning would be that it WOULD be a good idea.
HUH? What are you talking about? Why do you advise against it? Do you have anything more substantive than "Not so sure it's a good idea right now."?
As of right now guys everything is cool with OnGame. None if this stuff can happen quickly. On a more personal note, while this is a strange time in the online poker world it's also pretty exciting. With OnGame's decision to pull out of the U.S. that opens up a lot of doors for FCP. There are several options on the table and FCP has a "wicked smart" group of guys looking over all of the options. FCP will survive. Online Poker will survive and continue to grow. The FCP experience will only get better as we continue to grow. Keep your chin up people! Everything will work itself out. It'll just take a bit of time. Thanks for understanding and thanks for the support.
I feel sorry for our US friends....Thanks for helping them!!! Fight the power!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I honestly appreciate it more than you know. Everyone has been so positive so far and that's awesome. FCP pride baby, YEEEAH!. I ask you guys to do me a favor and be patient on any further news as to what changes may come to FCP. In the meantime, FCP is still FCP. They aren't going to run off and close up shop. I'm going to take in everything I read on the forums and see if I can influence the people at FCP to give you guys what you want. I actually have the poker bug recently, so you can expect to see me playing a lot more at FCP over the next few days before the WPT tournament. I'm really starting to get my poker mojo back and loving it again. Playing with all these tough young internet players really lits a fire under me and I like that!

congratulations to fcp and dn...It is interesting to note, though I am in the minority, the reason I like fcp is bc of dn, of course, but also bc he and fcp chose ongame/pokernetwork software.I wonder why fcp and dn possibly chose this software, as it seems to bot be very popular in the poker community. I prefer it bc I can see pot sizes better, the card flop turn river seem more crisp and I like to use the f1 keys. I just seemed more user friendly than the standard poker sites.When dn and fcp became part of the network, if felt it was the best of both worlds. Although I played a pokerroom, hollywood, americas card room, in addition to fcp, I thought maybe dn preferred this software, as well. Im hopig that this is the software dn preferred as well and there would be someway that he wants this type of site. Maybe it was stricly business cost, as bwin obviously has financial issues b4 this came about.I would only play at stars, party or pacific, my other sites, when the network was down for maint. or a crash.I will still patronize any site that dn is involved with. Your statement Daniel about online poker not going away is surely right on. We have to be moving in a direction that is more secure for Americans. There was no reason for legislators to be so naive. The top sites were either publicly traded overseas, or just to big to be fly-by-night.Every body involved in this from the US, and Im talking about players, would support a port security act.

congratulations to fcp and dn...It is interesting to note, though I am in the minority, the reason I like fcp is bc of dn, of course, but also bc he and fcp chose ongame/pokernetwork software....
Me too. I really like the Ongame network. Notwithstanding some annoying problems, it has a great selection of tournaments and enough players to keep them full. That's what I look for in a poker site/network.I hope the new FCP can offer the same. Strange times indeed...damn...I hate change.
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I honestly appreciate it more than you know. Everyone has been so positive so far and that's awesome. FCP pride baby, YEEEAH!. I ask you guys to do me a favor and be patient on any further news as to what changes may come to FCP. In the meantime, FCP is still FCP. They aren't going to run off and close up shop. I'm going to take in everything I read on the forums and see if I can influence the people at FCP to give you guys what you want. I actually have the poker bug recently, so you can expect to see me playing a lot more at FCP over the next few days before the WPT tournament. I'm really starting to get my poker mojo back and loving it again. Playing with all these tough young internet players really lits a fire under me and I like that!
Your interaction in the forums is a huge plus for FCP pokersite. I would like to see horse as an option on the new site.
When dn and fcp became part of the network, if felt it was the best of both worlds. Although I played a pokerroom, hollywood, americas card room, in addition to fcp, I thought maybe dn preferred this software, as well. Im hopig that this is the software dn preferred as well and there would be someway that he wants this type of site.
DOnt think he played much online before.
As of right now guys everything is cool with OnGame. None if this stuff can happen quickly. On a more personal note, while this is a strange time in the online poker world it's also pretty exciting. With OnGame's decision to pull out of the U.S. that opens up a lot of doors for FCP. There are several options on the table and FCP has a "wicked smart" group of guys looking over all of the options. FCP will survive. Online Poker will survive and continue to grow. The FCP experience will only get better as we continue to grow. Keep your chin up people! Everything will work itself out. It'll just take a bit of time. Thanks for understanding and thanks for the support.
If you get Razz on FCP I will kiss you. Tongue, no tongue, your choice.(SW...or not?)To be continued...

They need to get a legendary programmer and develope their own skin and dominate the market...There are so many improvements that a lot of sites are missing that they can put into a new skin...NEW SKIN PLEASE!! Invest $$ to make $$

Todd, I have been playing online for about four years. You can sharkscope me on ongame under these names to check on my credibility of my statementfcp-SDDealer0hp-ramonscottpr-RSSportsI did say that I knew that I am in the minority in my opinion. Again, I like using the F1 keys, I like seeing the pot size, I like the graphics, I like the sng/chipstacks/time levels format, I like the lobby better, there are just several things I like better about this software. To each their own. DN said he wanted opinions.I come from a family of card players several generations back and I am employed as a professional poker dealer.respectfully,rs

I would vote for Prima if I can give my 2 cents. Or maybe the network that doyles room is on.
No, and close, but no.Prima is THE WORST OF THE WORST, factoring in the fact that:
  1. Their tourney structures suck
  2. They have the most resource intensive pile of crap pieces of software I have ever seen
  3. To add to that, their install packs are plagued with spyware
  4. They have the second worst game spreads on the net, first going to Party, third going to Ongame
  5. Other prima skins are pulling the plug too, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole network pull

Tribeca's safe, but I'm not a fan of their game spread. Although I do like Badugi...

Todd, I have been playing online for about four years. You can sharkscope me on ongame under these names to check on my credibility of my statementfcp-SDDealer0hp-ramonscottpr-RSSportsI did say that I knew that I am in the minority in my opinion. Again, I like using the F1 keys, I like seeing the pot size, I like the graphics, I like the sng/chipstacks/time levels format, I like the lobby better, there are just several things I like better about this software. To each their own. DN said he wanted opinions.I come from a family of card players several generations back and I am employed as a professional poker dealer.respectfully,rs
I wasnt saying anything about you. I was saying that I didnt think DN had played much online before FCP.
Something about the 40k in free buyins would be incentive enough for me. Do you really think they're gonna have Federal Agents ready to arrest Jerry and the gang once they walk in the studio?
They have came after Calvin Eyre more than once I believe- the whole point of the legislation is to be an irritant because as of now online poker is not legal in most states, in that it's not regulated by state gaming laws. To the person who claimed it wasn't illegal. Really? Then why only advertise .Net sites? It's not legal, read the fine print when you sign up. Sure it's played in the Bahamas- how did you get there? What did you do to earn the opportunity? Sure, it's buisness as usual- really? Then why is Party Poker purposefully dumping 60 to 70 and by some estimates 80% of buisnesss? Because they don't like money? No, because it's the best course until legislation is introduced that deals with making what we love to do legal. I am still cracking up at the buisness as usual statement. That's like saying that 70 of the worlds airplanes simultaneously blew up, but the airline buisness was buisness as usual.