Fcp Statement Friday Oct 13th

October 13, 2006The Ongame Network, owned by bwin, has announced that it will block service to players with U.S. addresses. Full Contact Poker, however, is committed to providing its poker services to all of its existing players and to any new customers in the U.S. or around the world. As a result of Ongame’s announcement, Full Contact Poker is partnering with a new poker network provider that shares its desire of offering poker software to legally aged players in the U.S. In the unlikely event that your service is interrupted during this transition time, contact our 24/7 player support team. We promise to keep our players informed of any new developments and appreciate your continued support.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 13, 2006The Ongame Network, owned by bwin, has announced that it will block service to players with U.S. addresses. Full Contact Poker, however, is committed to providing its poker services to all of its existing players and to any new customers in the U.S. or around the world. As a result of Ongame’s announcement, Full Contact Poker is partnering with a new poker network provider that shares its desire of offering poker software to legally aged players in the U.S. In the unlikely event that your service is interrupted during this transition time, contact our 24/7 player support team. We promise to keep our players informed of any new developments and appreciate your continued support.
interesting

Well this is good news onmany levels. First, we get to keep FCP...Second, we no longer have to deal with the ongame server crashes. Thanks to Bob and DN and all those involved with keeping the FCP community afloat and happy. THanks again, and i look forward to the transition.

What about tourney tickets and the ONPC?What about the Protege...where will it be played online, for instance the high rollers final on Oct 21st. FCP Ongame or FCP xxxxxxThanks Bob for the updated info when you have it.

WOW, this is huge news. This makes me feel great to be a part of FCP. Seriously, great job guys. So will our money go along with the transition? Or would we have to withdraw then deposit back in? When can we expect to find out which network we are going to?

Will there be new software to download?WIll the 18 be moved to 21?Thanks again for the hard work Bob
What about tourney tickets and the ONPC?What about the Protege...where will it be played online, for instance the high rollers final on Oct 21st. FCP Ongame or FCP xxxxxxThanks Bob for the updated info when you have it.
Bob said on the FCP chat that worst case, you will get the $5200 for the ticket, but the classic should go as normal.Protege will go as planned... the move won't happen for at least a few weeks.

As of right now guys everything is cool with OnGame. None if this stuff can happen quickly. On a more personal note, while this is a strange time in the online poker world it's also pretty exciting. With OnGame's decision to pull out of the U.S. that opens up a lot of doors for FCP. There are several options on the table and FCP has a "wicked smart" group of guys looking over all of the options. FCP will survive. Online Poker will survive and continue to grow. The FCP experience will only get better as we continue to grow. Keep your chin up people! Everything will work itself out. It'll just take a bit of time. Thanks for understanding and thanks for the support.

Um... didn't Daniel sell off FCP to the people at OnGame? I guess I don't understand how he can just switch networks if they own the site. I seem to remember that Daniel was just a consultant. So how is this going to work? This would also mean that the actual software would have to be totally redone so as to be a true "skin" of whatever this new network is.Also, I got an email today that NoblePoker was closing it's US accounts, so I guess we can cross that network off the list of potential new networks.

Um... didn't Daniel sell off FCP to the people at OnGame? I guess I don't understand how he can just switch networks if they own the site. I seem to remember that Daniel was just a consultant.
No OnGame doesn't own FCP.
Actually, I would probably advise anybody who wins a seat to not go to the Protoge this time around. Not so sure it's a good idea right now. I understand that some of you might not agree with that statement, and am curious to see what your reasoning would be that it WOULD be a good idea.
Actually, I would probably advise anybody who wins a seat to not go to the Protoge this time around. Not so sure it's a good idea right now. I understand that some of you might not agree with that statement, and am curious to see what your reasoning would be that it WOULD be a good idea.
Because it's not illegal to play in the Bahamas....Because the bill doesn't say anything about playing on online poker sites...Because everything is running as normal and nothing is changing...
No offense, but can you explain first why you think its not a good idea? Thanks.