Free Wpt Canada Seat

This was sent out today to our members.....Thought i'd give everyone on FCP a chance as well.ChrisWin a Seat at the WPT Canadian Open Life of Sports wants to give one lucky poker community member a chance to play with poker royalty in Niagara Falls on October 22nd. Qualifying for your chance to win is easy - just forward the attached link containing the official announcement about the event to your poker friends and help spread the word about this inaugural world class poker event. For every person that opens the email to read the press release you will recieve one entry. On Wednesday October 18th we will have a random draw from all of the people who forwarded this email to their friends and annouce our winner. That same week the World Poker Tour's North American Poker Championship will take place. Both of these events are a once in a life time opportunity to play against poker's elite players and have a chance to play on National Television. It will be taped under the bright lights on the WPT set with Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten hosting. You must include the following email address in the forward when sending this email to your friends to gain entry into this contest: wptcanadianopen@lifeofsports.com Please open the attached document to read about the WPT Canadian Open and you will gain your first entry into this great contest. Now start sending this to all of your contacts who love poker and increase your chances of gaining the seat into the first WPT Canadian Open in Niagra Falls on October 22nd. Good luck from your friends at Life of Sports!

For every person that opens the email to read the press release you will recieve one entry.
How exactly are you tracking this? I can't think of a way to do so without customized URLs in the email you send out, which I didn't see any mention of.

Sorry guysYou literally copy the entire release above because i didn't attach the link.So just copy and paste the story above that i postedput it in an email and include the email we have stated above so our software can track how many people you sent the email to.Any questions let me knowChris

SPAM!!!!!I kid, I kid.Good luck to all that register. I'm not registering because I may win and the seat would be worthless since I'm not allowed in Canada anymore.

OK!So, I create an email, the body of which is your OP. I send it to my friend(s) with wptcanadianopen@lifeofsports.com included as what? The TO field? The CC field? The BCC field? The body? And do I need to have REQUEST READ RECIEPT option on?Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I do this correctly.CHEERS!

Bad form pinning something like this, it's very fishy stuff. I dunno, if lifeofpoker is just not very technically minded and is just confused about what a read receipt is, or if he is up to no good. Certainly his responses are evasive at the least. The site lifeofsports.com has no noticable mention on it of any sort of campaign such as this.My sending an email to my contacts, pasting some words into it - regardless of what the words are; has nothing to do with a read receipt which I wouldn't ask for, and even if I did, would come back to me, not him...About the only thing he can accomplish with this is to harvest a list of presumably valid email address which in the future he can send email marketing materials to. (better known as SPAM).Chris - if you are legitimate, you should present this in a way which is more up front and truthful. Many of us probably would sell out our friends email addy's for a chance at a free seat - you just ought to be more clear about what you are up to, LOL.

OK!So, I create an email, the body of which is your OP. I send it to my friend(s) with wptcanadianopen@lifeofsports.com included as what? The TO field? The CC field? The BCC field? The body? And do I need to have REQUEST READ RECIEPT option on?Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I do this correctly.CHEERS!
Honestly we have 40,000 in our database and we don't need email addresses and will not be using these in any future mail outs. Our newsletter system is based on opt in receivers and we are doing this "viral" marketing campaign to promote the Canadian event not increase our database. If this was the case I would force all of the people who are entering the contest to register with our site would I not?Not sure how new you are to this site but we did this promotion:The Daniel Negreanu Canadian College Poker Championshipwww.lifeofsports.com/ccpcThis may give you the piece of mind we are a legit organization..I'm not sure if you want me to produce a contract or something but honestly we are giving this away on Wednesday feel free to sign up or not sign up? It's your call.I was evasive because we the industry is in turmoil and the last thing I should have to do is defend us giving a "free" WPT seat away. We have done enough promotions with FCP to ensure we are a legit organizaton.

its a read receipt program built off of your forwards...when you forward the email the read receipt picks up the number of people that open it based on those you send it to and you get one entry per person that reads the email.how is this tough to understand?why bother posting if your not going to do it? and just complain about people giving away free things

Bad form pinning something like this, it's very fishy stuff. I dunno, if lifeofpoker is just not very technically minded and is just confused about what a read receipt is, or if he is up to no good. Certainly his responses are evasive at the least. The site lifeofsports.com has no noticable mention on it of any sort of campaign such as this.
He's legit. He's been an FCP friend for a while. Learn FCP history here.
when you forward the email the read receipt picks up the number of people that open it based on those you send it to and you get one entry per person that reads the email.how is this tough to understand?
Ok, and how does their software know how many people you send it to? That's the part that is still entirely unexplained.

Just wondering if this seat had been awarded yet?