Ppl Betting Pool/dn's Advantage In The Draft

U Don't Kno'w f N e 1 z Better THAN Ani 1 ElSE ! CAN THE ChiTTer ChATTer Be 4 I CAN U !It's TYPICAL The BEST PLAY'r'z Ar THE !@#$%^&!.. CARD'z
Can we get the ban stick out already? Seriously mods, guys like this shouldn't even get past the 5 post mark.
actually i looked up her stats before i made my second post, so i was well aware of this. this did not change my 1/2/3 linup of jennifer harman, mimi tran, liz leui. maybe you missed my point that DN SAID THE STRUCTURE IS LIKE A CASH GAME. but thanks for posting her tourney results...also everyone knows that evelyn ng is a donk, dn picked her because he was forced into picking her.
DN stated in his blog that his last pick would probably be from the womens group, so he wasnt really stuck with anyone.Stealfromblind since you seem to know who the "donks" are my comments here probably will be of no help to you. Have you ever played regularly in any cash games with these donks? I mean on a daily basis for months or years? Basing it on tourney results or what you see on tv seems foolish since this the PPL is suppose to be like one long cash game.Let me say first say this before I defend Evelyn Ng. I am not one of the people that thinks she is incredibly "hot", so I am not one of her groupies here to defend her. However, she is an extremely nice person. She is quiet and very respectful of others. So, before you just carelessly flame her or anyone maybe you should have some facts.As far as her cash game poker skills go, she is far from a donk. I played with Evelyn, Karina Jett, Max Pescatori and others when they all first got to Vegas in the late 90s and then the early 2000s and we all played at the Bellagio. Max being the best player from among the 3 of them and Karina being the worst by a mile. Evelyn is a solid cash game player. She might be kind of a tight player without alot of moves, but she is a solid grind it out poker player. I hate to crush your fantasy about poker players, but she is what 90% of the pro poker players are like. Grinders at the middle limits, not tv "superstars". Now she doesnt need to grind it out because of her marketability and thats great for her.Yet, for you to call her a donk when she was a daily, tough-as-nails, grind it out pro is just ridiculous. She earned her "stripes", so to speak, by getting in the trenches and grinding it out for years with the majority of us. She has proven herself, long before tv and the new poker celebrity thing. TCTC
What draft is this? No viewing of video blogs from work. :)Ray
Daniel set up this PPL with 8 teams consisting of 2 captains. There were groups to "draft" players from to create a kick @ss team. Daniel think's he has the best of it, some agree, some do not. 8 teams total.
Daniel set up this PPL with 8 teams consisting of 2 captains. There were groups to "draft" players from to create a kick @ss team. Daniel think's he has the best of it, some agree, some do not. 8 teams total.
Daniel is the one who set up the PPL? I didin't know this?

"Stealfromblind since you seem to know who the "donks" are my comments here probably will be of no help to you. Have you ever played regularly in any cash games with these donks? I mean on a daily basis for months or years? Basing it on tourney results or what you see on tv seems foolish since this the PPL is suppose to be like one long cash game."oh, you didn't know i've played with ng in cash games since 2001? i probly forgot to mention it earlier, my bad."Let me say first say this before I defend Evelyn Ng. I am not one of the people that thinks she is incredibly "hot", so I am not one of her groupies here to defend her. However, she is an extremely nice person. She is quiet and very respectful of others. So, before you just carelessly flame her or anyone maybe you should have some facts."what does this have to do with her poker ability? did i say anything about her being hot, quiet, or respectful? no, i didn't, you dumb fuck. stay on the topic."As far as her cash game poker skills go, she is far from a donk. I played with Evelyn, Karina Jett, Max Pescatori and others when they all first got to Vegas in the late 90s and then the early 2000s and we all played at the Bellagio. Max being the best player from among the 3 of them and Karina being the worst by a mile."am i supposed to be impressed that your played with this amazing threesome? wow, max pescatori, let me hump your leg or something. everyone knows karina jett is a donk, just like her husband. "Evelyn is a solid cash game player. She might be kind of a tight player without alot of moves, but she is a solid grind it out poker player. I hate to crush your fantasy about poker players, but she is what 90% of the pro poker players are like. Grinders at the middle limits, not tv "superstars". Now she doesnt need to grind it out because of her marketability and thats great for her."anybody can play ABC poker buddy, anybody. i'm not talking about average poker pro's, she was put in a group with jennifer harman, mimi tran, and liz luei! in this group she is a DONK."Yet, for you to call her a donk when she was a daily, tough-as-nails, grind it out pro is just ridiculous. She earned her "stripes", so to speak, by getting in the trenches and grinding it out for years with the majority of us. She has proven herself, long before tv and the new poker celebrity thing."first of all i don't get why you decided to throw this "tv/celebrity" bullshit into the whole mix. you think thats where i made my opinions of these players? yeah thats why mimi tran is #2 on my list, because she's won so many televised events, bahahahaha.

Exactly my point. Annie Duke might be annoying, but I'm sure she is better than Rousso too.
You're *sure*?
I'm not saying that, but she is not #2 in the womens group. No way, no how. Not even 3rd.-Jennifer Harmon-Mimi Tran-Annie Duke-Lizy LieuThey all are above her...
HAH..no.
Wow, stop posting..now.
You're *sure*?
Well who do you think is better? Who has been around longer, knows the game better and in more depth, and has shown over the years that she can at least hold her own? Do you think Rousso is better? I'm just asking...
Wow, stop posting..now.
You liked the Cardplayer thing about the PPL when DN had it in on his own website...remember that?
Well who do you think is better? Who has been around longer, knows the game better and in more depth, and has shown over the years that she can at least hold her own? Do you think Rousso is better? I'm just asking...You liked the Cardplayer thing about the PPL when DN had it in on his own website...remember that?
You misunderstood both of my points, which, doesn't surprise me since you're a dim motherfucker, but, let me help you.1. You said you were sure that Duke was better than Vanessa Rousso--how do you know? If you're so sure, you have reasons, right? Because Duke's been around awhile? And what makes you think Duke's a better cash game player? How much do you know about Mimi Tran or Liz Lieu's cash game prowess at NLHE? LHE, sure, but this is NLHE.2. You said DN started the PPL..he didn't. The 'Cardplayer thing' you're talking about, is a link to DN's blog from Cardplayer, you dumb bastard. You make everyone in this forum dumber with every post. STOP POSTING NOW.
You misunderstood both of my points, which, doesn't surprise me since you're a dim motherfucker, but, let me help you.1. You said you were sure that Duke was better than Vanessa Rousso--how do you know? If you're so sure, you have reasons, right? Because Duke's been around awhile? And what makes you think Duke's a better cash game player? How much do you know about Mimi Tran or Liz Lieu's cash game prowess at NLHE? LHE, sure, but this is NLHE.2. You said DN started the PPL..he didn't. The 'Cardplayer thing' you're talking about, is a link to DN's blog from Cardplayer, you dumb bastard. You make everyone in this forum dumber with every post. STOP POSTING NOW.
I get your point about me not "knowing" if Annie is better than Rousso, so I asked you, dim mother fcker, who do you think is better? You're too scared to voice your opinion on a forum, that's sad. Liz Lieu and Mimi Tran both play cash games, so they will be better accustomed to the event...You really like me, don't you?
"Stealfromblind since you seem to know who the "donks" are my comments here probably will be of no help to you. Have you ever played regularly in any cash games with these donks? I mean on a daily basis for months or years? Basing it on tourney results or what you see on tv seems foolish since this the PPL is suppose to be like one long cash game."oh, you didn't know i've played with ng in cash games since 2001? i probly forgot to mention it earlier, my bad."Let me say first say this before I defend Evelyn Ng. I am not one of the people that thinks she is incredibly "hot", so I am not one of her groupies here to defend her. However, she is an extremely nice person. She is quiet and very respectful of others. So, before you just carelessly flame her or anyone maybe you should have some facts."what does this have to do with her poker ability? did i say anything about her being hot, quiet, or respectful? no, i didn't, you dumb fuck. stay on the topic."As far as her cash game poker skills go, she is far from a donk. I played with Evelyn, Karina Jett, Max Pescatori and others when they all first got to Vegas in the late 90s and then the early 2000s and we all played at the Bellagio. Max being the best player from among the 3 of them and Karina being the worst by a mile."am i supposed to be impressed that your played with this amazing threesome? wow, max pescatori, let me hump your leg or something. everyone knows karina jett is a donk, just like her husband. "Evelyn is a solid cash game player. She might be kind of a tight player without alot of moves, but she is a solid grind it out poker player. I hate to crush your fantasy about poker players, but she is what 90% of the pro poker players are like. Grinders at the middle limits, not tv "superstars". Now she doesnt need to grind it out because of her marketability and thats great for her."anybody can play ABC poker buddy, anybody. i'm not talking about average poker pro's, she was put in a group with jennifer harman, mimi tran, and liz luei! in this group she is a DONK."Yet, for you to call her a donk when she was a daily, tough-as-nails, grind it out pro is just ridiculous. She earned her "stripes", so to speak, by getting in the trenches and grinding it out for years with the majority of us. She has proven herself, long before tv and the new poker celebrity thing."first of all i don't get why you decided to throw this "tv/celebrity" bullshit into the whole mix. you think thats where i made my opinions of these players? yeah thats why mimi tran is #2 on my list, because she's won so many televised events, bahahahaha.
WOW....I dont even know where to begin, but lets give it a shot. You really need to relax and you should probably have your medication dosage increased, holy crap. You must be fun to play poker against, I mean its doubtful you ever tilt, lol.Lets go in order. First, maybe you shouldve mentioned you have experience playing with her since its relevant to the topic and its better than randomly saying "everyone knows she is a donk."Second, as far as "hot, nice, etc." the reason it was mentioned is because it seems when it comes to her most flame away thinking she is being defending because of her looks. I was simply trying to make sure that wouldnt be used as an excuse to flame me. Perhaps it was unnecessary, but you need to get a grip about calling someone a "dumb ****" and other things. Although that makes me laugh, I guess its the best zinger you have. GODD ONE, you take me back to 7th grade.Third, are you "suppose to be impressed with this amazing threeesome" of players I mentioned? LOL.....Come on, you are kidding right? Reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. Nothing against any of the players I mentioned, but if I wanted to try to impress the GREAT GOD that you are, I think I couldve done better than that group. I brought them up as a point of reference. Sorry, but I have never and will never think of poker players as celebrities, like apparently you do. Not everyone is here to impress cyberspace tough guys like you.Yet, now you want to "hump my leg"? WOW , another great zinger by the GREAT GOD that you are. GOOD ONE.Fourth, you say she is a donk compared to harmon,tran, lieu. Well, a couple of things. First what about all the women in the group is she a donk vs all of them. Why only compare her to the women, why not the men as well. So, she is a donk compared to all 64 players? Based on your arbitrary comparison, the isnt Laak more of a donk than say Giang?Fifth, the tv/celebrity thing was brought into it since you never mentioned you had any experience playing with her, so I thought you based your opinion of her from what you have seen on tv. Its a logical assumption since you FORGOT to mention you lengthy experience playing poker with her.Either way, you really need to RELAX. Nice to know I am a "dumb ****" and she is a "donk." Thank you for your valuable imput, and witty replies. TCTC
I get your point about me not "knowing" if Annie is better than Rousso, so I asked you, dim mother fcker, who do you think is better? You're too scared to voice your opinion on a forum, that's sad. Liz Lieu and Mimi Tran both play cash games, so they will be better accustomed to the event...You really like me, don't you?
I agree with Hoosier that Rousso is probably the second best female in that field..maybe even the best pure female NLHE player. Stop basing your points completely in conjecture and maybe I'll answer your questions..get it?..and no, I don't like you. I don't like anyone who acts intelligent and tries to browbeat people when they're really just talking out of their ass. You're a fucking moron and I can not wait until you get banned. I didn't like you when you were TheCorporation3--why would I like you now?
I agree with Hoosier that Rousso is probably the second best female in that field..maybe even the best pure female NLHE player. Stop basing your points completely in conjecture and maybe I'll answer your questions..get it?..and no, I don't like you. I don't like anyone who acts intelligent and tries to browbeat people when they're really just talking out of their ass. You're a fucking moron and I can not wait until you get banned. I didn't like you when you were TheCorporation3--why would I like you now?
You're a class act. Nice contribution...
Fourth, you say she is a donk compared to harmon,tran, lieu. Well, a couple of things. First what about all the women in the group is she a donk vs all of them. Why only compare her to the women, why not the men as well. So, she is a donk compared to all 64 players? Based on your arbitrary comparison, the isnt Laak more of a donk than say Giang?
this was the only point in your post that was even close to making sense. oh yeah there was that part about me being a great god, i kind of liked the title, kudos. ok men vs. women in poker, your kidding right? i would glady stake laak to play ng heads up for the rest of their lives if i had the chance. in my opinion laak is a very talented and creative cash game player. although giang would have an edge against laak in a HU game you could argue that over the period of a month laak MIGHT break even or make a small profit. now throw jennifer harman and ng into a HU game for a month and see what happens. this isn't even close to a valid comparison of players. there are probably a few male players in that group that ng could play with over a long period of time and make money, but not many. for some reason unknown to me you keep sticking up for ng but fail to ever make a LOGICAL STATEMENT refuting what i've said. oh yeah, i almost forgot, i'd be happy to make some wagers on how ng performs in the first season of the PPL, let me know how much you wanna bet.
this was the only point in your post that was even close to making sense. oh yeah there was that part about me being a great god, i kind of liked the title, kudos. ok men vs. women in poker, your kidding right? i would glady stake laak to play ng heads up for the rest of their lives if i had the chance. in my opinion laak is a very talented and creative cash game player. although giang would have an edge against laak in a HU game you could argue that over the period of a month laak MIGHT break even or make a small profit. now throw jennifer harman and ng into a HU game for a month and see what happens. this isn't even close to a valid comparison of players. there are probably a few male players in that group that ng could play with over a long period of time and make money, but not many. for some reason unknown to me you keep sticking up for ng but fail to ever make a LOGICAL STATEMENT refuting what i've said. oh yeah, i almost forgot, i'd be happy to make some wagers on how ng performs in the first season of the PPL, let me know how much you wanna bet.
You really must be kidding. What exactly are you babbling about now!!!!You called me a dumb **** for not staying on the topic and then you go off on Laak vs Ng HU. Where did that come from? Or Laak vs Giang HU or Harmon vs Ng HU? WTF are you yapping about? Way to stay on the topic you "dumb ****."I only asked why you randomly compared Ng as a "donk" vs harmon, tran, and lieu. I asked why you didnt compare Ng vs any of the other women or men. I asked you if Ng is a "donk" compared to all of the 63 other players. I stated that based on your "logic" then you might as well compare Laak to Giang and then call the worst player of the two a "donk."I never talked about any heads up matches and that had nothing to do with our disagreement. Way to change topic since you cant defend yourself or your position by staying on the topic.You ask why for some unknown reason I am sticking up for Ng? It could be Ng or anyone else and I would defend them all the same way. I simply dont see the point of you randomly slamming people by calling them "donks" when you dont have a clue. So, hopefully the reason I am defending someone will no longer be unknown to you and your headaches will cease.Having said that, I will say you do have the freedom of speech on your side and you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are. Yet, when I take a stand against your ridiculous insults towards someone else the best you can do is insult me and swear at me? lolDo you ever find youself looking in the mirror and wondering where it all went wrong for you? You also stated that I have never made a a logical statement refuting what you said. LOL....Once again it is obvious that your reading comprehension skills are non-existent. All I have tried to do with you is use logic, but it seems to be to difficult for you to understand. You on the other hand just continue yapping about nonsense and you have yet to use an ounce of logic in any of your posts.In your last post you talk about heads up nonsense, where did that come from? I mean isnt the PPL a full ring game and not HU? Who cares who is better at heads up, that has nothing to do with the original topic and my position on defending Ng.Then you ask how much I want to wager on how well Ng will do in the PPL. What?....Once again WTF is this? Amazing you called me a "dumb ****" and other names for "supposedly" not staying on topic, yet you are all over the place with your random rants. You really dont have a clue, do you?Since you had no problem insulting Ng or myself, let me add a few more things. I havent researched any of your previous posts before this thread/topic, but based on your comments about Ng and myself I can only imagine how many other people you have insulted.The funny thing about you trying to insult Ng or myself is that you come across as either having the mentality of a 7th grader or an IQ well below the 100 range. I mean cant you be a little creative with the insults, so that they might at least be a little bit funny. Insult me all you want, but at least make me laugh a little when I read it. The best you have done is "donk", "dumb ****", and some other classics, lol.You also said I havent made any LOGICAL statements defending my position, lol. You may want to re-read my post and your posts. Lets begin and end with you comparing Ng to Harmon, Tran, and Lieu and others in her group. First of all NONE of these women are even in her group. Harmon was a co-captain, Lieu was in Pool E, and Tran was in Pool F, while Ng was in Pool D.Why would a guy that uses such superb "logic" like you say you do make such a glaring and careless error? I say this simply backs up what I have been trying to say about you since my first reply, that you just spew venom and insult people without having a "clue."I mean if Ng is such a "donk" compare her to the others in her Pool. So you are saying NG is a bigger "donk" in a cash game than Gowen, Johnson, Rossi, Duke, Tilly, Rousso, and Mericer? Really? A bigger "donk" than all of them?I find that hard to believe, I actually find that impossible to believe which has been my point all along. You spew BS without having a clue. Wait, you do have a clue, you said so yourself, "everyone knows Ng is a donk." Nice the way you cant simply say you think Ng is a "donk" and give examples defending your position. Nope, you need the safety of a group and "everyone."So, tell me how badly Ng is in comparison to the players in her Pool and tell me again how DN got "stuck" with her. Since, you told me I dont have a clue when I tried to explain my reasons for stating that Ng IS NOT a "donk" perhaps you might listen to someone else.Who might that someone else be? I believe his name and picture are all over this forum. Since I know you are somewhat SLOW, let me spell it out for you, D-A-N-I-E-L-N-E-G-R-E-A-N-U. You might want to read what DN said in his original post about the PPL draft. First he said that he thought the skill level in Ng's Pool was similar from top to bottom to Pool A. DN aslo stated that he had Ng ranked in the top end of her Pool, but he thought she might be available in the last round, so it isnt like he got "stuck" with her as you said.DN also said that he believes that the PPL format is designed in a way for a player like Ng to excel in. He also said Ng's strenghts as a poker player are better suited for cash game play than they are for short stacked tournament play.That was exactly my point when you said Ng was a "donk". But, hey I've only played against her in cash games for years and DN has only know her is whole adult life, but apparently neither of us know anything about her skills. You on the other hand are the "expert" on Ng and her "donkish" skills. I'm sorry you and your "posse" that says "everyone knows Ng is a donk."Like I said, guys like you that no nothing about some of these players and in this case I am talking specifically about YOU, spout this BS and insult players based on nothing. Once you do this then "everybody" jumps on the bandwagon and another false rumor gets started.Evelyn Ng or (Ms. Ng, sorry and inside joke there) might not be number one out of the 64 players in the PPL but she is far from a "donk." Like I said in a previous post she has proven herself over almost a decade. How can you state that a person that made a living for that long playing poker is a "donk?' Sorry that Ng, myself, and others that make a living playing poker cant be as GREAT as you. You obviously have poker skills and talents that must be the envy of all your peers. Congrats.TCTC