An Honest Question About Posters On This Forum

One of the best posts ever on this forum. Im serious. I get sick of trying to go through threads only to see a bunch of geeks and nerds posting "QFT", "Lock it up," and other unnecessary junk. Some of the losers on this site need to go out and see the sunlight. F-ing loser. I bet you thought you were pretty clever posting this right after the OP's post, huh? Beat it nerd.
Dude, you have no buisness talking to Cory like that. You are part of the problem.
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to throw my vote in for Custom's option 1.I would have no problem at all with him and Keith doing a major clean-up of General. I think it's much needed. This place has turned into a cesspool in many ways and what happened to Blair Rodman was appalling. I really do trust our Mods to make good decisions most of the time about what needs to be done to clean this place up. I think funny flames and are okay and some posters have earned the right to do stupid **** some of the time, by virtue of having been here a long time. But, the constant barrage of QFT, "lock it up" and other similar posts has me coming to FCP less and less often. Something really does need to change.

i haven't read this entire thread cause a new one is wrote every other week...however, i'll say this...there are a lot of idiots on the forum, but why should that surprise anyone? there are a lot of idiots in the world.- Jordan

OPTION 1 - OPTION 1 - OPTION 1!!!I have been on this forum for a few years now and am not a newcomer, however, I have a relatively low number of posts, especially starting new threads. I have met a lot of great people on this forum, however, I have noticed that THANKS TO THE IDIOTS on here, it has gotten so bad that some people who really have a lot to say don't post here anymore. They are afraid of being ridiculed, maligned, and/or disrespected. The last post I started (about getting your money off line because of the ban) I got so many emails and PM's in response asking me questions about it (over 40) that I couldn't believe how many people really had a lot to say, however, it seemed that those same people were afraid to ask questions or respond because of (and I won't name names but we all know who you are) certain individuals who either out right ridicule the posters personal life or those individuals who think it is so funny to put "QTF" or "BAN" or "LOCK THE THREAD" or then you have the other morons who hijack the post with meaningless comments on things that could either be posted elsewhere or about sports, avatars, or other meaningless crap.All this gets real old, real fast. I look forward to reading this forum. There are so many intelligent posters here with a lot to say and some that really know how to write. I look forward to what they have to say, but then you have to weed through every four posts, three of which are the stupid ones with nothing but "QTF" or other meaningless or crude things.It would be great if the moderators would give suspensions to the people who can't seem to learn that we could care less if they can type three letters "QTF" or to those who continually add nonsense - But even more so, if someone comes on and is degrading someone, trying to humiliate them with personal attacks, etc. then that person, after say two warnings, could be banned permanently and their IP address also banned so they won't keep creating login and after login. Other sites do this automatically, why is FCP so lax about it? Why do they let this stuff continue here when they have such a good site that is losing posters and readers because of these TODDLERS?Why is it that even at the WSOP they can put in guidelines not to cuss, malign other players, degrade players play or belittle individuals, but just because people are protected with screen names here we allow them to act like TODDLERS and post some of the crap that is put on these forum. I think MODERATORS have done a good job - However, I think they could do a lot more, and I think by their posts above that they have been given the permission to do what they want, so I wish they would take initiative and do the job cleaning up this forum and make it what it was a couple years ago, a great site to read and glean information from. Why is it that we can't have a site and appreciate the great leaps it has made with the video blog, the poker site, etc. but are letting the forums go to HeLL???!!!!Anyway, flame on for the idiots and I look forward to the intelligent replies.Thanks again to the moderators and you have a hard job, however, please get tougher and clean up our forums, as it is pretty obvious by everyone saying OPTION 1, OPTION 1, OPTION 1 that they want it done!!!!! :club:

OPTION 1 - OPTION 1 - OPTION ONE!!! I have met a lot of great people on this forum, however, I have noticed that THANKS TO THE IDIOTS on here, stupid ones about with nothing but "QTF" or other meaningless or crude things.
Not to be a **** or anyting, but its QFT, not QTF..It stands for "Quoted for Truth" meaning, agreeing to someone elses previous post....

I joined not to long ago and even I feel this place is in a downfall, good threads still get created, but there's so much junk and clutter. When I realized how much time I wasted reading complete BS instead of studying for midterms, well I feel :club: .I vote for option 1, go nazi for a while, then loosen up, like a SnG.

I know what QFT means from posting on here and the nice glossary that someone put up, but why can't someone take a few minutes to put a response to a thread that is meaningful, instead of bumping their post count with "QFT" or one word answers. It would be nice to know why they agree with the poster or disagree or why QFT, just not typing three letters to up their post count, thus why I said meaningless...... :club:

I know what QFT means from posting on here and the nice glossary that someone put up, but why can't someone take a few minutes to put a response to a thread that is meaningful, instead of bumping their post count with "QFT" or one word answers. It would be nice to know why they agree with the poster or disagree or why QFT, just not typing three letters to up their post count, thus why I said meaningless...... :club:
I guess sometimes instead of repeating what someone else has already typed, "QFT" comes in handy. Or when you want to show you agree with someone and they sometimes literally take the words out of your mouth, "QFT" works. And, lastly, when you want to assure someone that you agree and that they aren't a donkey, dummy[ insert]"QFT."
I figured if any post ever had an implied obvious sw, it was that one. I guess it just flew over your head. I'll hold you by the hand and give you fair warning when I'm being sarcastic from now on.What's the point of telling me to beat it anyway? Were you looking to impress the forum elite? Does calling names on the internet give you a massive e-rection?
Wasnt looking to impress anybody, just telling you how it is. You didnt need a little "sw" tag, in fact, you didnt even need to post it at all. It wasnt funny, and didnt need to be posted. You wouldnt be angry from my post if you wouldnt have posted something stupid at all. Its junk posts like that from you is what this forum doesnt need any more of.
Wasnt looking to impress anybody, just telling you how it is. You didnt need a little "sw" tag, in fact, you didnt even need to post it at all. It wasnt funny, and didnt need to be posted. You wouldnt be angry from my post if you wouldnt have posted something stupid at all. Its junk posts like that from you is what this forum doesnt need any more of.
Who were you again? Let me check- oh, it's Norhas99. Who again? Shut up already.
I really don't understand what the hell has happened to this forum. I know I am not one of the original posters with a brazillion posts, but seriously. I have been here long enough to remember when it was fun to post in general and read about how the JC and PMJ were doing in some tourney on stars I could only dream of playing in. It was even funny to read the flames back then.Now, especially in this general forum, I read the post "lock it up", "QFT", "QFMFT" among others more than anything else. Well that is except for others bitching about why someone made a new post about the same $hit that was two threads up or something. I guess really what I am asking is what are the legitimacies of banning, or at the least suspending, someones posting priviledges? If I even think of making a derogatory comment on stars my chat is revoked for a month, but here I can say any kind of inflammatory $hit and it goes unchecked. In some ways I think this is why the General forum has gotten so clouded. Very little is done to stop this crap. What happened to Rodman today is really the last stand. I proudly make it known that I am a part of FCP, but I am really embarassed right now about my allegience when the people treat a respected pro the way they did him today. Reallistically, who gives a $hit if he reposted something about the online poker ban. It is, after all, kind of a big deal for an online poker forum considering it DEALS with online poker. And even if it was posted before, is it your bandwidth he's using? NO. So get over it.Really, this 30/30/30 thing should be seriously considered and possibly implemented. In fact, I am thinking about setting up an online petition maybe could be possibly forwarded to the site mods to handle this. Included maybe something about rules that have to do with posting suspensions and/or expulsions. Sorry if I wasted your bandwidth and now you need to post a dancing lock to try to appear funny. It's a veiled attempt at humor, and quite sad to be honest with you. Maybe I'll get some thoughts from others as to what you guys think about this.Night
:club::D:D Nice post, man. You are pretty accurate. I've been around since July '05. I gave up on General in about December, and as Doug said, Off-Topic has gone to crap now too. I just don't post too much now anymore.It gets really annoying when you read the title of a thread, it seems interesting like you might have a comment on it, but then you waste time going through 50 meaningless posts to find the 4 informational ones.
Who were you again? Let me check- oh, it's Norhas99. Who again? Shut up already.
lois, this is kinda the thing people are talking about here. norhas's post, while it may have included a shot at someone he didn't know was "important" (not that that should matter, anyhow, methinks), it was probably one of the more calm and well reasoned posts in this thread, much less in general in general (sic).chill, dude.

I'm for option 1. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. I generally lurk and post occasionally when there's a good thread, or I post in strat. I normally don't post b/c I'm not really interested in getting flamed (which is inevitable). I like intelligent discussion about a wide range of topics, but the pointless bickering and insults is tiring. I think getting rid of a few of the douchebags would go a long way to making this forum more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm for option 1. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. I generally lurk and post occasionally when there's a good thread, or I post in strat. I normally don't post b/c I'm not really interested in getting flamed (which is inevitable). I like intelligent discussion about a wide range of topics, but the pointless bickering and insults is tiring. I think getting rid of a few of the douchebags would go a long way to making this forum more enjoyable for everyone.
You can add my vote for the sentiments expressed above. I also have been here quite a while, don't post a lot, and nearly everytime I do, someone calls me p-whipped because of my screen name. That doesn't bother me at all, in fact, but it does get boring for others to see, I'm sure. Could we go to a system whereby posts go the mods first for approval? I'm not an expert on web forum matters, so sorry if that's a dumb idea.
That's exactly what I have been thinking!! Wish D.N. could read this and have his team DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I'm just sick and tired of reading useless posts. Just read one about some site being rigged, and then ppl whining or posting hand histories that shouldn't even belong in the general and the list goes on!! :club:
I don't see that as the problem at all. It just takes time to inform people IN A MATURE MANNER that a particualr post belongs in another place.That's just the problem around here. When I first came to this site a couple years ago I was blown away that these poker pro's or TV personalities had their own sites. You mean I can read DN's blog!!! Awesome I get to see how he thinks!! I get to live through his rich self!! Then it's almost always the same threads. Like who are online players screen names. DN is the coolest. etcetcInstead of remembering what it's like to be a newbie to a forum like this and helping people flame away.People just really need to grow up around here. Now obviously I'm not saying everyone. There are some real cool, funny people around here. Not to mention some very young and successful players that are happy to help others out.Instead of "hey idiot use the seach button!" Just rise above it and help em out.But the more than needed jerks need to go back to the jerk store.Cliff notes : no problem with repetitive posts. It's the way people help them learn.

if option 1 were implemented, there would be lots of complaints and whining, etc. we'd probably need another mod or two to help things.i think a good preceding step would be to put up a new, stricter set of rules, outlining the new policies. the difference is these rules would then be debated, edited, etc, so they'd be more the product of democratic agreement. that way it would be harder for people to complain, and mods could simply point to the new rules when pulling/editing posts.

Perhaps the FCP webmasters should consider changing the format of the front page to show posts from other forums. Currently, only the posts from the General forum are shown on the front page of FullContactPoker.com. Hence, most of the traffic comes here and almost by default, a lot of new threads will be posted here instead of the relevant forum such as Strategy or Sports, etc. So what we get is a lot of wrongly placed threads which in turn invite flames, dancing locks, +1's, etc.At the same time, by having the other forums listed on the front page, this has the added benefit of increasing the traffic to those forums as well.

you all are sure the riley bunch eh? i probably lock 10 threads a day and at least ban 3 or 4 people a week. I cant imagine if we tried to implement option 1. I think we (the mods) are fairly relaxed on most things and there are a few things that are definite no's and cause for bans, lost of posting privledges, etc.The fact is this forum is a release for alot of people and it is meant to be fun. The problem comes in to who says what is fun and who says what is just utter stupidity and uselessness. Strategy is pretty clean, the league forums are pretty clean, offtopic should have a big do not enter unless you have thick skin banner on it, and the general forum is just for simply that, general poker related stuff. You have to look at the demographics of the average posters on this site and that is the 16 - 24 year old male and when hidden by the internet wall of anonymity you are going to have excessive immaturity, its just the way it works.There is always the 'report a post' feature on every post if you find something is unacceptable. Believe me, we get several reported posts a day and we respond to them. The forum rules are posted in the announcement section. I know for me personally I come here to have fun, commune, and if I learn a thing or two about poker along the way then so be it. I think we have a great community and we just need maintain that right balance between fun and simply stupid.Sorry for the long post.