An Honest Question About Posters On This Forum

I really don't understand what the hell has happened to this forum. I know I am not one of the original posters with a brazillion posts, but seriously. I have been here long enough to remember when it was fun to post in general and read about how the JC and PMJ were doing in some tourney on stars I could only dream of playing in. It was even funny to read the flames back then.Now, especially in this general forum, I read the post "lock it up", "QFT", "QFMFT" among others more than anything else. Well that is except for others bitching about why someone made a new post about the same $hit that was two threads up or something. I guess really what I am asking is what are the legitimacies of banning, or at the least suspending, someones posting priviledges? If I even think of making a derogatory comment on stars my chat is revoked for a month, but here I can say any kind of inflammatory $hit and it goes unchecked. In some ways I think this is why the General forum has gotten so clouded. Very little is done to stop this crap. What happened to Rodman today is really the last stand. I proudly make it known that I am a part of FCP, but I am really embarassed right now about my allegience when the people treat a respected pro the way they did him today. Reallistically, who gives a $hit if he reposted something about the online poker ban. It is, after all, kind of a big deal for an online poker forum considering it DEALS with online poker. And even if it was posted before, is it your bandwidth he's using? NO. So get over it.Really, this 30/30/30 thing should be seriously considered and possibly implemented. In fact, I am thinking about setting up an online petition maybe could be possibly forwarded to the site mods to handle this. Included maybe something about rules that have to do with posting suspensions and/or expulsions. Sorry if I wasted your bandwidth and now you need to post a dancing lock to try to appear funny. It's a veiled attempt at humor, and quite sad to be honest with you. Maybe I'll get some thoughts from others as to what you guys think about this.Night

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been lurking about 2 years, joined August of last year and have under 1K posts. I read a LOT more than I post but then again, I am 41 and have a job and a brain. These little kids who have nothing better to do than jerk off and post sad replies are the problem. I thank all of the contributors to General, Strat, Off topic and other forums for their thought provoking topics and responses. The rest of the kids can piss off.Tom

I agree with your premise, but, the 30/30 thing won't fix it, it's not the newbies that are being jackasses. Yeah, the first few posts are always, "Hey, DN", or something old, something lame. So what? Ignore them and they scroll off like butter on a hot knife.It's the guys that have been here long enough to think they own the place that tear every thing down with BS and flamming.I don't know how we get any new members.

Your just mad cuz the Tigers suck. What's up, dude? Good to see ya.
The tigers are the exact opposite of sucking right now, 5-0 over Oakland in game one of that ALCS! :club: School sucks, my golf game is in the toilet, and I got rivered in 4 straight 2k pots in the N.O. 7stud tonight.OP, would this threadjack get me burninated?
I really don't understand what the hell has happened to this forum. I know I am not one of the original posters with a brazillion posts, but seriously. I have been here long enough to remember when it was fun to post in general and read about how the JC and PMJ were doing in some tourney on stars I could only dream of playing in. It was even funny to read the flames back then.Now, especially in this general forum, I read the post "lock it up", "QFT", "QFMFT" among others more than anything else. Well that is except for others bitching about why someone made a new post about the same $hit that was two threads up or something. I guess really what I am asking is what are the legitimacies of banning, or at the least suspending, someones posting priviledges? If I even think of making a derogatory comment on stars my chat is revoked for a month, but here I can say any kind of inflammatory $hit and it goes unchecked. In some ways I think this is why the General forum has gotten so clouded. Very little is done to stop this crap. What happened to Rodman today is really the last stand. I proudly make it known that I am a part of FCP, but I am really embarassed right now about my allegience when the people treat a respected pro the way they did him today. Reallistically, who gives a $hit if he reposted something about the online poker ban. It is, after all, kind of a big deal for an online poker forum considering it DEALS with online poker. And even if it was posted before, is it your bandwidth he's using? NO. So get over it.Really, this 30/30/30 thing should be seriously considered and possibly implemented. In fact, I am thinking about setting up an online petition maybe could be possibly forwarded to the site mods to handle this. Included maybe something about rules that have to do with posting suspensions and/or expulsions. Sorry if I wasted your bandwidth and now you need to post a dancing lock to try to appear funny. It's a veiled attempt at humor, and quite sad to be honest with you. Maybe I'll get some thoughts from others as to what you guys think about this.Night
:club: I've all but given up on this General forum, It blows hard.

well said. although i dislike it, the 30/30/30 would probably better the content. it would probably hurt the growth of the forum pretty badly, which would be a problem given we're already relatively small.i would like to see the mods given more leeway in terms of giving warnings or 1-day suspensions. that way stupid comments like "lock it up" and "QFT" and other pointsless stuff would be more easily dealt with. it'd be annoying for a little while, but once people got the idea, it would also help things along.edit - apparently in the 5 minutes i took to type this, this thread already went to crap. oh well, at least it proves the OP absolutely correct, and shows that corrective action may well be needed. this thread is a good example - people like kkcountry, abba and loismustdie could simply be given warnings. they're otherwise good posters, so they'd get the idea quickly enough that crap is not appreciated, and we'd be good to go again.

The tigers are the exact opposite of sucking right now, 5-0 over Oakland in game one of that ALCS! :club: School sucks, my golf game is in the toilet, and I got rivered in 4 straight 2k pots in the N.O. 7stud tonight.OP, would this threadjack get me burninated?
Tigers look amazing, playing like they want it, alot like the White Sox last year. I like what I see. Bonderman is a stud, and Rogers has just enough left I think to make a veteran difference. Really fun to watch.
tried the search with no luck so could someone explain to me what the 30/30/30 thing is?
30 days, 30 posts in other topics, and 30 HJ's to 30 different members on the "general poker forum elite" (if you don't know who's in it, you're not in it) before you could click "new topic"
Wow, I feel guilty for creating another giant Massengill convention. Congratulations guys, you are ruining something that was once great.
i completley agree with you.if you go to any other forum on the web, you say one bad thing that is hurtful or harmful to another user, instant ban.here people pots pictures of nooses, tell people they suck and to go kill yourself.someone even has the F-word in bold letters as his sig and that has gone unchecked for the longest time.its time mods started cleaning the place up.
here people pots pictures of nooses, tell people they suck and to go kill yourself.
whoa whoa whoa? I know we say YSAPYSSCKY, but nooses? I thought that was reserved for NWP.If I have seen a noose here, it's very few and far between, and I haven't seen one in the recent months.I do remember Demonde doing that to you once though. If you could show me an example of that happening SINCE then, I will retract my statement, but I think you're exaggerating the noose statement.