Fcp Strat Tournament3

:club: I agree with this. I learn a lot from playing these tourneys, even though I'm seriously out-matched. This tournament I learned that you shouldn't ever fold the Krablar hand. Ever. That's something you can only learn from playing, not by reading. :D
No one is seriously outmatched in these tourneys. The poster above you won and from the looks of those hands was playing decent. I think he just ran into people frustrated that they couldn't run him over. The tourneys will def help though, as I think they play better than $100s, but I don't play sit n go's at all, I think the talent is better than full table MTTs in $100s.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is seriously outmatched in these tourneys. The poster above you won and from the looks of those hands was playing decent. I think he just ran into people frustrated that they couldn't run him over. The tourneys will def help though, as I think they play better than $100s, but I don't play sit n go's at all, I think the talent is better than full table MTTs in $100s.
I like to think I'm a decent player, but I've only been playing seriously for a few months. Up until sometime last spring, I only played for play money.Since then, I've enjoyed some success, but only after doing alot of research, reading, posting here, etc.I'm definately a newbie. These guys are much better skilled than I. I have plenty to learn.
Oh...3500 including my additional money, which is a bit of a non sequiter
u use big words.But pot is 2500 on flopWith Zach having 900 behindso it's 3400 to call 900 more if he pushed behind or on flop.that's all I was saying, go back to ignoring my analyiss..I'll read ya'all discussion now..
************add: Why do you think Zach only calls 10% of the time?Do you see him pushing otherwise a lot?.
No, I put his calling range at 66+, AQ+, which is 10% of all hands. He says above that he was ahead of me, which pretty much confirms that he was in this range. His fold on the flop also pretty much confirms that he was in the 66-QQ range, which, except for QQ, are the hands that I want him to come in with.
No, I put his calling range at 66+, AQ+, which is 10% of all hands. He says above that he was ahead of me, which pretty much confirms that he was in this range. His fold on the flop also pretty much confirms that he was in the 66-QQ range, which, except for QQ, are the hands that I want him to come in with.
What percent of his EP/MP raising hands is 66+ / AQ+ though? ( Bayes anyone?)He's only calling 400 more into a 2000 pot and raised to 3x BB preflop.
What percent of his EP/MP raising hands is 66+ / AQ+ though? ( Bayes anyone?)He's only calling 400 more into a 2000 pot and raised to 3x BB preflop.
I misspoke above...66+AQ+ was about 10% of the very broad range I put him on for the initial range, as LAG as he had been playing, so Mr. Bayes was already taken into account.
I misspoke above...66+AQ+ was about 10% of the very broad range I put him on for the initial range, as LAG as he had been playing, so Mr. Bayes was already taken into account.
cool.I didn't even read Zach for opening up that many hands though.And from that pos with that stack.Then again I suck in the Yellow zone and tighten upWhen you play, do people always question your calls?I know you are very thoughtful and I'm learning a lot because I'd think KQ was dominated too often by AQ/AK and want to preserve the stack.Thinking as well that a good bit of the time that I miss in the flop, Zach will move in to protect a PP, if I"m not already behind AQ/AK.You're 3/3 though, so cant argue with that trendps. I played aweful. Unless it helps me win more later. :club:
cool.I didn't even read Zach for opening up that many hands though.And from that pos with that stack.Then again I suck in the Yellow zone and tighten upWhen you play, do people always question your calls?I know you are very thoughtful and I'm learning a lot because I'd think KQ was dominated too often by AQ/AK and want to preserve the stack.Thinking as well that a good bit of the time that I miss in the flop, Zach will move in to protect a PP, if I"m not already behind AQ/AK.You're 3/3 though, so cant argue with that trendps. I played aweful. Unless it helps me win more later. :club:
most of the disagreements with my play is that im not aggressive enough, not the other way around. theres definitely risk of being dominated here..but the odds are too good.

I really hate your play copernicus. I think folding is the best option preflop, followed by shoving. Calling seems the worst of the three. Then on the flop I think checking is a better play.I don't really see Zach folding often at all if you just call preflop.

I really hate your play copernicus. I think folding is the best option preflop, followed by shoving. Calling seems the worst of the three. Then on the flop I think checking is a better play.I don't really see Zach folding often at all if you just call preflop.
I already said that pushing may be slightly better, but not significantly. And again, I dont mind a call here! In the majority of cases Im on a freeroll for his extra money. I almost never win vs Chris without pairing up. Z had SOME value for his PF raise. If Chris is on an underpair then Im letting Z in to see additional set outs or an A on the flop. If Chris has an A then Im probably only letting Z in for set outs. If I didnt have great odds vs Chris HU then I have to worry about Z coming in for the rest of his stack. I dont have that problem...Im in the hand, and I dont mind abandoning it the 15% of the time an A flops, and if he pushes behind pf Ive already shown that even on a very tight range the whole prop is still +EV. (as it turns out he had AT and Chris a low pair, so I am in the worst of all circumstances, and its still +EV. In fact the AT raise was extremely loose, and the raise with 22 a mistake also, imo. I the only one who made a +EV play on this hand!)Totally disagree about checking the flop. There is no reason to give an A a free look at the turn. Zach cant bet with Ax into a dry side pot. He may or may not bet with an underpair...depends on how small.Winning the pot as is gives me solid control of the tourney. Checking here is small risk/small reward/huge reverse implied odds. Checking is a HUGE mistake.

I'll accept shoving the flop (kinda forgot it was a dry side pot), but I think Zach shoves the flop (but won't call a shove) with some hands you are beating if you check. However, I think Zach's calling range extends much further than you expect. If you are playing, shoving preflop is far better than calling. The distinction between folding and shoving depends on Zach's range. If he was very aggressive I prefer shoving and vice versa.In any case, I do think shove/fold > call.

Actuary wanted me to post this hand. He had AK. And I know, I should have raised more, but I was stupid. Would a bigger raise or a push be right here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG (t1090)Hero (t2090)SB (t3450)BB (t930)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t80, SB raises to t260, 1 fold, Hero raises to t550, SB calls t290.Flop: (t1120) Tdiamond.gif, Jclub.gif, Aheart.gif(2 players)SB bets t2900 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: t4020******************************And as far as my push with 22, I still do not belive it's a bad play. I think pushing over the MP raise gives me the most FE, and a shot at going HU for a coinflip. Think about it, obviously I have no FE as far as Zach is concerned, so wouldn't that indicate strength to everybody else at the table?Here is another one, Actuary said he had 67o. I was going to c/r all-in, then he did that. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t1755)SB (t4735)Hero (t1470)UTG (t2865)MP1 (t2375)MP2 (t1820)CO (t2980)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9diamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 1 fold, MP1 calls t100, 4 folds, Hero checks.Flop: (t250) 8diamond.gif, Tclub.gif, 5spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t2275 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: t2525

I'm at work right now, but I imagine I'll be back soon to make some replies. This thread has gotten very interesting, and I want to voice my opinion on a few hands!Quickly, Cop, push/call, and I'll show you why I call more that 10% of the time.Secondly, Fan1080, I'll take a look at your hands, specifically the ones against me...Adios!

Pokerfan:KT hand: My play was incredibly retarded in that hand, as I c-bet like 100000% of the time in that spot, but I wanted to mix it up/try some new things out in this tourney. Either way, the problem I have is the preflop call. You are pretty much either going to win a small pot, or lose a big one. If you want to play a lot of hands, don't play KTo, play T9s, 56s, 7Ts, etc, don't play hands that will be so easily dominated. Simimlar to how you don't play KJo there, etc.AA hand: I would prefer a smaller raise, to like 300 or so. It's just pure value, a push is silly in that spot. Again, you pretty much only get called when he has KK and you happen to cooler him with your AA.AK hand: I reraise PF, again, as you said, I was playin pretty loose, but slowplaying AK is just silly, IMO. As played, your river call is sick, but a very nice read.A4 hand: The converter messed up, but I had no problem with that hand, slowplaying is probably a bad idea with top/bottom pair, I may have reraised instead of pushing, but either is fine, IMO.AJ hand: Incredibly standard, nice catch ;)78 hand: Again pretty standard, I should have bet the flop/turn, no idea why I was so gunshy there.Anywho, I'm pretty sure I was on monster tilt from overall sucking in poker prior to that tourney, so please excuse my chat. I really can't believe I still have chat on Stars, lol.

I disagree that calling with KT off with pos against a CO raise to 80 with 1500 stack is bad.I'm not a great "I have pos and I'll take it away" player so I might not call against a good opponent (probably would most times); but it certainly is a fine call for anyone with decent understanding of pos and post flop play.unlike Limit, where this would be a really bad call against most raisers.as you were.

I disagree that calling with KT off with pos against a CO raise to 80 with 1500 stack is bad.I'm not a great "I have pos and I'll take it away" player so I might not call against a good opponent (probably would most times); but it certainly is a fine call for anyone with decent understanding of pos and post flop play.unlike Limit, where this would be a really bad call against most raisers.as you were.
Some players maybe. I don't mean to sound rude, but the postflop play of someone who pushes AA preflop for 2500 after a raise to 60 and a call or two probably can't handle calling KTo here.
Some players maybe. I don't mean to sound rude, but the postflop play of someone who pushes AA preflop for 2500 after a raise to 60 and a call or two probably can't handle calling KTo here.
you see the way I played! :club: good sample size though on the credentials of pokerfan!!!!#!#!##EEDF#@@!!

Thanks for the replies, Zach.No worries about the chat.The AA hand was definitely not ideal, but that's why I'm playing these, to learn. Like I said in my explanation, I'm too used to playing at low stakes where that play is almost always called.We'll just have to agree to disagree on the KT hand. I think I played that hand ok, including preflop. The play in these by alot of folks has been very loose early on. I went with that read along with the facts that we were short handed, the blinds were still low and I had position. I agree I can be easily dominated and I had full intentions to get away from that hand if you showed strength.Yes, I'm definitely a noob, a weak tight noob. Hopefully, I will learn alot from you guys and get away from that.