It's Time To Fight!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, that is a rediculously offensive avatar. I don't personally find it offensive but I do risk getting fired for having that avatar visable at work.You might take that into consideration.Or not. Your choice.Thanks
What's offensive about JackKing-Off's three button mouse photo taken from above?????????(I really had to look hard at that one to figure out that it wasn't what we all thought it was.)

Look, to those who think that I flamed the original poster, think again.Where was he before his first post a few days ago?Do you seriously think those big named "pros" will contribute posts to the strat forums? Name one other than DN.Just because a few posters flamed him than he's already stereotyping the enture FCP forums, what kind of pro is he?So to you moral posters who think those bad posters are making the general forum a cesspool, hey Bill frist thinks the poker players are sinful, helped terrorism, whatever, too.And read my first post in this thread again, I didn't flame him. I was just stating my observations.Btw, without those "cesspool" posters, the FCP forum will be dead in the water.

Btw, without those "cesspool" posters, the FCP forum will be dead in the water.
some forums would be.Others would be fine.Overall, it would be better.I have not read anything in this thread other than a fisst few posts, btw

Blair Rodman is one of the very few pro's that actully take the time to post trip reports, essays, opinions, etc to internet forums. I can see why not alot of them do it, and wouldnt be suprised if he stopped. The sad thing is, I mean if you really think about it, how misrable does your life have to be where a guy like Blair Rodman who is a well respected member of the poker community makes a passonate post about poker the game we claim to love, that you have to somehow fill the gaping void in your life by ripping him? How sick is that?

From the National ReviewNational ReviewFrist's Folly [Andrew Stuttaford]Well, I've finally got round to my emails on the topic of that Internet gambling/national security bill and there are far, far too many to reply to. No-one who wrote to me was a fan of the move and there were a good few that said this was the 'last straw' so far as their November vote was concerned. Most of the opposition to the law was on broadly libertarian grounds, but there was another strain too, which made interesting reading in the light of Congress' reputation at the moment.Supposedly, the reason (apart, of course, from national security) that Senator Frist rushed through this legislation was to send a signal to the more moralistic voters out there. Maybe that will work, maybe it will not, but a revealingly large percentage of my correspondents felt that the real reason for passing the law was to protect the interests of Las Vegas, Indian tribes and other entrenched gambling interests. In other words, a piece of law designed to make the GOP look clean has made them look even dirtier than before.One reader sent me in some words on the topic on July 11th from, of all people, Barney Frank: "If an adult in this country, with his or her own money, wants to engage in an activity that harms no one, how dare we prohibit it because it doesn't add to the GDP or it has no macroeconomic benefit. Are we all to take home calculators and, until we have satisfied the gentleman from Iowa that we are being socially useful, we abstain from recreational activities that we choose?... People have said, What is the value of gambling ? Here is the value. Some human beings enjoy doing it. Shouldn't that be our principle? If individuals like doing something and they harm no one, we will allow them to do it, even if other people disapprove of what they do."Barney Frank talking sense, Senator Frist not.Draw your own conclusions.