Mma Dream Fight!

Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win it?

• Chuck Liddell
    • Wanderlei Silva

sw??? im lost..
Well, ShakeZuma is an ass that likes to come by and spout off immature remarks, like he did early above. ShakeZuma said I was "wrong" for saying Stephan Bonnar wasn't good and I said, "He isn't, he sucks. If he can't beat the top 4 in UFC (Liddell, Ortiz, Griffin, Bababloo), and Pride's fighting classes are even deeper, he isnt' "good" by any means. He is just bitter, I guess?

im just confused as to where the sw comes in..and bonner is a b- c+level fighter. he had the fight of his career the first time he fought griffin and that's it.

im just confused as to where the sw comes in..and bonner is a b- c+level fighter. he had the fight of his career the first time he fought griffin and that's it.
ShakeZuma was giving me $hit, like always, and I just said "HE DON'T KNOW JACK!" Cuz he thinks Bonnar is "good."
ShakeZuma was giving me $hit, like always, and I just said "HE DON'T KNOW JACK!" Cuz he thinks Bonnar is "good."
like always. thats funny. since I've never once commented on anything about you before that. but anyways.keep posting 100 times a day. it makes you more of a man.and certainly doesn't reveal what a complete waste of life you are.
I'm not bashing, I have a background in jiu-jitsu and muay thai (as far as any qualifications go). I simply asked him a question.
Guess I just took a little offense to your "uneducated assesment" statement you made about my prediction of the fight. You may have been around the block a few times, but I have too.It's all good, just differeing opinions on a fight we would all like to see.
like always. thats funny. since I've never once commented on anything about you before that. but anyways.keep posting 100 times a day. it makes you more of a man.and certainly doesn't reveal what a complete waste of life you are.
Oh no? Then what is this...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=77317
go on...
I'm not trying to start some pathetic war here, but just own up to what you said...(ShakeZuma)Anyway, Bonnar isn't terrible, he just isn't going to be doing much any time soon.

ok now that i read the forum speak glossary i now understand the whole sw...i dont post on forums much to know the lingo..

Oh no? Then what is this...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=77317I'm not trying to start some pathetic war here, but just own up to what you said...(ShakeZuma)Anyway, Bonnar isn't terrible, he just isn't going to be doing much any time soon.
um, same argument there Corky, but anyways. If you don't think Bonner is good because he's not in the top 4, then fine. thats your opinion, and everybody is entitled to one. just happens yours is wrong.but really, please slow down the posting. you are by far the most annoying poster since thecorporation3. waaaiiitt.... what?
um, same argument there Corky, but anyways. If you don't think Bonner is good because he's not in the top 4, then fine. thats your opinion, and everybody is entitled to one. just happens yours is wrong.
Oh, so Bonnar is "good." Where do you come up with that?
Oh, so Bonnar is "good." Where do you come up with that?
cause every single fighter that appears on a UFC show at least twice is a very good fighter. its not a hard concept to grasp
cause every single fighter that appears on a UFC show at least twice is a very good fighter. its not a hard concept to grasp
Well that all depends on who you are comparing him to. Compared to me, yeah, he is a good fighter. Compared to people that he is normally compared to, no, he isn't. When you make comparisons, you must make fair comparisons. He is only as good as where he is at. He is at UFC, he is not good at UFC.
Well that all depends on who you are comparing him to. Compared to me, yeah, he is a good fighter. Compared to people that he is normally compared to, no, he isn't.
he is better then ~95% of those who train for MMA and fight in MMA at various levels. Is he a top level fighter, no, but is a very good fighter, yes. your scope is way too narrow. you put him up against a lot of the King Of teh Cage or IFL fighters, and he will most likely beat a very high % of them, but all of the best fighters fight in either UFC or Pride at this point(unless you are kid yamoto and fight in heroes), this isn't rocket science

my Cable Provider said they could not get the Pride Fight tonightthat sucksI take it it still occurred? - edit..ok..I see it did... rather not know results w/o seeing first; but no patience since no idea when it will be out or played by my CableAbout Tito vs Chuck II (it's just 2 right? )I think it will be the best selling UFC to date.And very frustrating for Tito unless he can figure out how to take Chuck down.that's my admittedly uneducated opinion

my Cable Provider said they could not get the Pride Fight tonightthat sucksI take it it still occurred? - edit..ok..I see it did... rather not know results w/o seeing first; but no patience since no idea when it will be out or played by my CableAbout Tito vs Chuck II (it's just 2 right? )I think it will be the best selling UFC to date.And very frustrating for Tito unless he can figure out how to take Chuck down.that's my admittedly uneducated opinion
I couldn't agree more. I think it will be the best selling UFC and I also don't think Tito has much of a chance unless he can find a way to take Chuck down, which isn't easy. Ortiz definitely can't stand with Chuck, I don't think hardly anyone can, really. And yes, you're right they have only fought once, so this will be match #2. Ortiz was on a nice run and then lost to both Couture and Liddell and ended up on the backburner as far as the top fights go.
he is better then ~95% of those who train for MMA and fight in MMA at various levels. Is he a top level fighter, no, but is a very good fighter, yes. your scope is way too narrow. you put him up against a lot of the King Of teh Cage or IFL fighters, and he will most likely beat a very high % of them, but all of the best fighters fight in either UFC or Pride at this point(unless you are kid yamoto and fight in heroes), this isn't rocket science
Don't worry, I never claimed it was rocket science. I just don't think Bonnar deserves to be labelled as a good fighter in the UFC, if that is where he fights. Like I said, you have to compare him to who he is "supposed" to beat, not K1 or King of the Ring, or me. :club:

OK there is a lot of idiocy in thos thread. Let me help filter:Bonnar is indeed a really good fighter. To make it to, and win in teh UFC is a huge accomplishment. I train with some really good guys (Dave Gardner) who have fought and won, and have not had a shot in the UFC yet. It's really thought to get there, and much harder to win there. If you don't train I don't think you appreciate how much of a task it really is.Fedor's only loss was due to a cut against TK. They stopped the fight and ruled it a win for TK. They later fought, and Fedor won.Silva would beat Chuck. Chuck likes to coutner-punch, and I think Silva's aggression on the inside would win it. Silva has a mean clinch (as does all of chute box, the other Silva included.) But it all really does have to take into account on where the fight is.Oh, and Tito will need another 1-2 years of standup (angles, movement) to really even have a chance with Chuck. He also needs to bring GREAT cardio to the table and make chuck work for 2-2.5 rounds to gas him out a bit. Chuck has a history of that.

"there's a lot of idoicy etc'' meanwhile u have 2 spelling errors in your first 2 sentences.2nd chuck didnt start off his fight career as a counterpuncher. he has only changed to this style within the past 2 years or so. silva has trouble with counterpuncher/aggressive style fighters. crocop was a perfect example.3rd, tito has been improving his standup greatly since the first time he fought chuck. his standup was much improved against griffin and he was fighting injured. it is also a given that tito will bring great cardio as many believe his cardio is tops in the business4th. tito has been blessed recently by an addition to his team. Matt Hammil. Matt is 100x the wrestler and takedown defender chuck is. He guards takedowns without using his hands. Tito has known he was getting the shot at chuck for months. He has had at least a good 5 months to practice takedowns against hammil. if he can take hammil down even 50% of the time that will equate into success in taking chuck down. as we have seen before chuck has problems when he is on the ground against good ground and pound guys. IMO tito vs chuck II to me is like AK vs QQ5th. Hell tito might even try to submit chuck now that he has had dean lister on his team for a while. it'd be crazy to think tito hasnt learned anything from dean in the submission game.

ok, I didn't mean you. I meant the OP.However, it's spelling errors in the first 3, not first two. ;)Anyway, Tito was training with Fernando Vargas for his first fight with Chack. All the training in the world means **** if you're afraid or cant execute it. Ask Joe Riggs.If a world class boxer can't whip Tito's standup in 3 months, I doubt its there now. And Forrests standup to Chacks is apples to oranges.Cro Cop isn't a counter puncher. Watch his fights with Fedor/Hunt, when he backs up he gets beaten. But you're right on Chack, and 3,4,5 are all correct.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, Chuck killed him, like expected. Did you see their 1st fight where Chuck kicks him in the head? Classic kick.
Chuck beating grapplers standing up doesn't impress me. I still think silva would beat chuck worse than what rampage did in 2003.
Chuck beating grapplers standing up doesn't impress me. I still think silva would beat chuck worse than what rampage did in 2003.
BTW. I do think Tito can beat chuck if he wants to. He is too big and too strong for chuck and his "superior takedown defense" to stop tito from imposing his will if he is motivated to. I highly suggest this is what he does and spends no time trying to trade with him.

Well I train in MMA and have had 4 amateur fights so far and I'm 4-0. Havne't fought in about 5 months, but...The fight like someone said is like AK vs QQ. Flip a coin. Styles make fights and both fighters have the same style. Liddell is a little more passive, but he has more KO power than Silva. MMA math simply doesn't work. Like Rampage beat chuck who lost two silva twice which means Silva > Chuck. Doesn't work. Remember in the second fights Rampage knocked Silva down with a punch at the end of the first round and was reigning knees to the head then the bell rang.If rampage was to fight chuck again same result. Rampage is a more technical striker and quicker. His style does not provide a good matchup for chuck. Rampage also has one helluva chin as does chuck, but in their fight Chuck hit 'Page with all he had once and Page never flinched.The last fight I had I fought a guy who was 13-2 with 10 KO's. Subbed him in 3 minutes. Like I said styles make fights.I could see Liddell vs Silva ending up like Liddell vs Belfort at 37.5. Chuck getting pressed losing 2nd round first round a draw and third round Chuck getting a knockdown.

WW vs MW fight between GSP and A.Silva would be nice :club: or one or the other jumping. I remember Hughes saying he'd fight Silva on his site, but I guess GSP will have to carry that torch eh :S