Mma Dream Fight!

Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win it?

• Chuck Liddell
    • Wanderlei Silva

I know this fight was mentioned by Dana White for ratings, but his dumbass wont get the fight going, but us fans will probably always wonder, what if? So who do you guys think would win the fight? Chuck Liddell is my favorite MMA fighter, but I have to give Wanderlei credit too, he is a madman. After watching Silva lose to CroCop, I lost some respect for him. (Yes I know that CroCop was in a different weighclass, but last time they fought it was a draw, this time around Silva was dominated in every aspect) So anyway, who wins?ChuckChuck-Liddell-0305c2.jpgWanderleiWanderlei%20Silva_01.jpg

I watch all the Pride and UFC and think Silva would kill Chuck. Chuck was awesome against BJ Penn but Silva is crazy aggressive. Robbie Lawler will fight in the next Pride in Vegas. It will be good to see him in the ring.

Lol, thats a very uneducated assesment of a fight between the two. And OP, you lose respect for Silva after a fight with one of Pride's top fighters?
Well, it's like this. I haven't really seen either Chuck or Wanderlei lose too often as of late, so seeing either one of them losing would bring them down a bit. CroCop is great, but Pride has a few better fighter's than him. Not a ton, but a few. And the fight between Silva and CroCop wasn't anything close to being a good fight. It was so one sided and made Silva look like he didn't know what he was doing anymore. I expected the fight to be a lot longer, and better. Seeing Silva getting pwned that bad made me think.
I watch all the Pride and UFC and think Silva would kill Chuck. Chuck was awesome against BJ Penn but Silva is crazy aggressive. Robbie Lawler will fight in the next Pride in Vegas. It will be good to see him in the ring.
Chuck and BJ Penn? Chuck is a Light Heavy Weight...? They have never fought before, at least, that I know of. Are you thinking of Matt Hughes?

I think Silva losing to CroCop adds much more of a dynamic to any possible bout that he may have with Chuck, as another loss would be devastating. He has too much at stake to lose to Chuck (US market, endorsements, fight contracts), which will make for an explosive bout.

Well, it's like this. I haven't really seen either Chuck or Wanderlei lose too often as of late, so seeing either one of them losing would bring them down a bit. CroCop is great, but Pride has a few better fighter's than him. Not a ton, but a few. And the fight between Silva and CroCop wasn't anything close to being a good fight. It was so one sided and made Silva look like he didn't know what he was doing anymore. I expected the fight to be a lot longer, and better. Seeing Silva getting pwned that bad made me think.
by making this statement it shows that you don't understand much about fighting. Silva was going to get killed in that match as his natural weight is about 215 tops and he cuts down to 205. CroCop walks around at 230 or 240 and he is probably the hardest striker in teh game right now. Just watch his K-1 match against bob sapp to see how dangerous his fists are. Sapp has never been the same fighter since and still has vision problems. Silva doesn't have a good enough ground game to submit CroCop and CroCop has great takedown defense. In short, silva was a dead man walking going into that match
by making this statement it shows that you don't understand much about fighting. Silva was going to get killed in that match as his natural weight is about 215 tops and he cuts down to 205. CroCop walks around at 230 or 240 and he is probably the hardest striker in teh game right now. Just watch his K-1 match against bob sapp to see how dangerous his fists are. Sapp has never been the same fighter since and still has vision problems. Silva doesn't have a good enough ground game to submit CroCop and CroCop has great takedown defense. In short, silva was a dead man walking going into that match
By making this statement it shows that you underestimate me. I know that Wanderlei is lighter than CroCop and that he is fighting above his "optimum" weight class...And about Silva being a "dead man" walking going into that match? Did you see the 1st time they fought...Silva did well, and it ended up being a draw. So you see, you're wrong. I know about both of them, yes I've seen the Bob Sapp CroCop fight, yes I know CroCop is probably the best striker in MMA, but when Silva and CroCop fought before it was a very close fight. Nice job trying to berrate me again, you failed.
By making this statement it shows that you underestimate me. I know that Wanderlei is lighter than CroCop and that he is fighting above his "optimum" weight class...And about Silva being a "dead man" walking going into that match? Did you see the 1st time they fought...Silva did well, and it ended up being a draw. So you see, you're wrong. I know about both of them, yes I've seen the Bob Sapp CroCop fight, yes I know CroCop is probably the best striker in MMA, but when Silva and CroCop fought before it was a very close fight. Nice job trying to berrate me again, you failed.
this was under different rules and also a good year before CroCop's physical peak. Silva also wasn't nearly as worn down as he is now, so yes, he was a dead man walking going into that fight. I don't think that anyone at any MMA forum or knows MMA would've picked Silva at all in that fight and it was pretty much expected that he would get picked apart by CroCop
this was under different rules and also a good year before CroCop's physical peak. Silva also wasn't nearly as worn down as he is now, so yes, he was a dead man walking going into that fight. I don't think that anyone at any MMA forum or knows MMA would've picked Silva at all in that fight and it was pretty much expected that he would get picked apart by CroCop
I didn't expect Silva to win by any means, but I did expect the fight to last a litte longer, and not be such @ss whooping, that's all. I choose CroCop over Silva anyday. Both are great fighters but the fight should've lasted longer and had better quality. In Pride, Silva has never been owned that bad, ever.
Lol, thats a very uneducated assesment of a fight between the two. And OP, you lose respect for Silva after a fight with one of Pride's top fighters?
Who the hell are you? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Don't bash without backing it up.Both are great fighters, but I think Chuck is superior...my opinion.
I didn't expect Silva to win by any means, but I did expect the fight to last a litte longer, and not be such @ss whooping, that's all. I choose CroCop over Silva anyday. Both are great fighters but the fight should've lasted longer and had better quality. In Pride, Silva has never been owned that bad, ever.
Am i the only one that thinks Silva vs Crocop WAS a dream match.(?) Crocop is the best fighter out there hands down, dominating Silva just proved it. Silva was a monster but ran into the best figter out there.As for Silva vs Lidell, has it been called off? I thought Dana White had a deal with Pride. He gave them Lidell a few years ago & Im assuming they must meet their end of the deal at some point.
Am i the only one that thinks Silva vs Crocop WAS a dream match.(?) Crocop is the best fighter out there hands down, dominating Silva just proved it. Silva was a monster but ran into the best figter out there.As for Silva vs Lidell, has it been called off? I thought Dana White had a deal with Pride. He gave them Lidell a few years ago & Im assuming they must meet their end of the deal at some point.
Fedor Emelienenko is the best fighter out there, no 2 ways about it. He has 1 loss that was oh so early in his MMA career. He is a true monster. Insanely tough. I'm sure if there is anything Kdawg will ever agree with me, it is this.

ok..first of all time to get facts straight for the OP.Dana white is not the one holding up the silva/liddell fight. it is pride's president. They allowed silva to show up @ the ufc ppv to only promote their event happening in the US in november i believe. Secondly Chuck has already openly said after the loss to crocop he doesnt even want to fight wandy anymore. He Wants CroCop which is a horrible decision for chuck but that's another topic for another time.Third. For whoever said wandy is horrible on the ground..he has a black belt in jits..*ju-jitsu for the people who posted but obviously have no idea what they are talking about*. No1 gets a black belt in jits and is horrible on the ground.4th. This fight could go either way if it ever happens. 1 big factor would be the rules the fight is fought under. If fought under pride rules then Silva has an advantage because they fit into his style more. and Vice Versa the UFC rules to Chuck. Another big factor in this fight is what Chuck's Gameplan would be. We've never really seen a true counterpuncher have much success against silva. Crocop was very aggressive in that fight as was silva. Silva's aggressiveness could get him caught although he always has a great gameplan going into fights. *as was stated he was losing the fight against crocop without a doubt* Silva would be very smart to stay at distance from chuck and throw nothing but leg kicks. Not giving chuck the opportunity to counter punch, weakining up his legs, thus either A. Making a shoot much more feasible, or B. Forcing Chuck to change up his gameplan, because face it, if the fight becomes a boring fight with both fighters neutrilizing each other and silva lands the leg kicks he is going to win a boring decision. This would force chuck to become aggressive, and when he becomes aggressive he will get caught with a counterpunch or walk into a takedown, because when he is aggressive he becomes sloppy. This is what happened against Randy Couture the first time.

Third. For whoever said wandy is horrible on the ground..he has a black belt in jits..*ju-jitsu for the people who posted but obviously have no idea what they are talking about*. No1 gets a black belt in jits and is horrible on the ground.
I didn't say he wasn't good on teh ground, I said that he didn't have a good enough ground game to submit CroCop, massive difference. CroCop has nasty takedown defense and has very good counter submission abilities. Josh Barnett wasn't able to submit him when they fought and Barnett is much better at the submission game then Silva. Only Nogueria has been able to submit CroCop, IIRC, and that was on a CroCop mistake when he made a bad decision in trying to push of Nog. To submit CroCop at this point in CroCop's career takes someone who is a master at submissions and have the strength to deal with him being on top of you punching with massive force

Well I will admit I wasn't quite sure what exactly was going to happen with the fight, but that part is more clear, now that you have better informed me. IMO Chuck against Silva would probably be one of the best MMA fights that we could possibly set up in this day and age. Also best, as in a really close fight.I too agree that with Pride rules Silva would have his advantage with the soccer kicks to the head and dirty elbows, as would Chuck have his advantage at the UFC with the cage and whatnot. Chuck does have a great counterpunch like you mentioned, but he also can be aggressive when he needs to, and about him being "sloppy" with Couture...That was over 3 years ago? He is a much better fighter since that fight, we all know this.Liddell has a reach advantage over Silva, which is always nice for a great striker like Chuck. I think the fight would be so close and where they fight will likely determine the winner...That is going to be the hardest thing to come to, but Liddell already went to Pride, so I think it's Silva's turn to come back to UFC. Yes I know he fought in UFC many years ago and was young and not the fighter he is today, so I think he should come back to UFC for a more recent reminder as to why Liddell is LHW.On a side note, what do you guys think about Tito bringing some heat back to the UFC LHW? He kind of fell off for a while after he lost to both Couture and Liddell, but I think he wants a shot to prove himself again when he fights Liddell. GL to him, he will need it.

Well I will admit I wasn't quite sure what exactly was going to happen with the fight, but that part is more clear, now that you have better informed me. IMO Chuck against Silva would probably be one of the best MMA fights that we could possibly set up in this day and age. Also best, as in a really close fight.I too agree that with Pride rules Silva would have his advantage with the soccer kicks to the head and dirty elbows, as would Chuck have his advantage at the UFC with the cage and whatnot. Chuck does have a great counterpunch like you mentioned, but he also can be aggressive when he needs to, and about him being "sloppy" with Couture...That was over 3 years ago? He is a much better fighter since that fight, we all know this.Liddell has a reach advantage over Silva, which is always nice for a great striker like Chuck. I think the fight would be so close and where they fight will likely determine the winner...That is going to be the hardest thing to come to, but Liddell already went to Pride, so I think it's Silva's turn to come back to UFC. Yes I know he fought in UFC many years ago and was young and not the fighter he is today, so I think he should come back to UFC for a more recent reminder as to why Liddell is LHW.On a side note, what do you guys think about Tito bringing some heat back to the UFC LHW? He kind of fell off for a while after he lost to both Couture and Liddell, but I think he wants a shot to prove himself again when he fights Liddell. GL to him, he will need it.
im pretty sure i can say you heard it here first but tito will take the belt from chuck in december.
Who the hell are you? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Don't bash without backing it up.Both are great fighters, but I think Chuck is superior...my opinion.
I'm not bashing, I have a background in jiu-jitsu and muay thai (as far as any qualifications go). I simply asked him a question.