Clear Out Accounts/quit Playing

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing to me how many people get flamed and personally degraded when they start a topic or reply with something that irritates a few and actually causes a well-informed discussion by others. I never claimed to know when this was all going down, what exactly the timeline was going to be, etc. etc. All I said is that as of October 1, 2006, the FBI are starting to track online transactions (deposits/withdrawals) for this impending bill that is going to be passed regardless of how and where we lobby against it. Everyone knows it is going to pass, why do you think it is getting so much press. I am not trying to cause a panic, I am trying to tell my friends that I have conversed with here over the past few years that I am worried about your bankrollls and to protect them while getting out while you are able to. Frankly, for those of you who flame, keep your money in there and keep building it, when these institutions either go bankrupt and/or no one in the United States will touch any paper transactions that come from off shore businesses because they are frightened due to sanctions, well anyway, you will see.Internet gambling has always been illegal, we always knew this could and probably would come. Are you all actually living that delusional to think that eventually the federal government would not crack down on something (no matter why they say they are doing it, terrorism, corruption, etc.) that they are not profiting from/making taxes off of, come on, get a life.Cheers to all the intelligent people on this site who actually took this discussion to an all new level and put your indepth thoughts here. It amazes me sometimes the information I glean from you people that are so well informed and politically versed on things (I won't mention all the posters names).Once again, to those of you who think I should be banned, well, welcome to a free country where even though you wish you could personally control what people talk about, well you can't, so flame on!!!!!P.S. I have two cats, don't decorate cakes, but if you keep crying, I might consider making you one, send me your address...... :club:

It is amazing to me how many people get flamed and personally degraded when they start a topic or reply with something that irritates a few and actually causes a well-informed discussion by others. I never claimed to know when this was all going down, what exactly the timeline was going to be, etc. etc. All I said is that as of October 1, 2006, the FBI are starting to track online transactions (deposits/withdrawals) for this impending bill that is going to be passed regardless of how and where we lobby against it. Everyone knows it is going to pass, why do you think it is getting so much press. I am not trying to cause a panic, I am trying to tell my friends that I have conversed with here over the past few years that I am worried about your bankrollls and to protect them while getting out while you are able to. Frankly, for those of you who flame, keep your money in there and keep building it, when these institutions either go bankrupt and/or no one in the United States will touch any paper transactions that come from off shore businesses because they are frightened due to sanctions, well anyway, you will see.Internet gambling has always been illegal, we always knew this could and probably would come. Are you all actually living that delusional to think that eventually the federal government would not crack down on something (no matter why they say they are doing it, terrorism, corruption, etc.) that they are not profiting from/making taxes off of, come on, get a life.Cheers to all the intelligent people on this site who actually took this discussion to an all new level and put your indepth thoughts here. It amazes me sometimes the information I glean from you people that are so well informed and politically versed on things (I won't mention all the posters names).Once again, to those of you who think I should be banned, well, welcome to a free country where even though you wish you could personally control what people talk about, well you can't, so flame on!!!!!P.S. I have two cats, don't decorate cakes, but if you keep crying, I might consider making you one, send me your address...... :club:
your posts are seriously the most incorrect and misinformed posts that i have ever read. what im not sure of is either if you are this stupid, or you already know this and you are doing it to f**k with people.

The legislation is agains the banks and eletronic transfers not playing. If you have money on there right now, the legislation doesnt stop you from playing.The FBI isnt going to come to your house and arrest you... that is such bull****They are regulating the banks not the players.

Once again, to those of you who think I should be banned, well, welcome to a free country where even though you wish you could personally control what people talk about, well you can't, so flame on!!!!!
...and welcome to a moderated Internet site where our hosts may ban you at will. Free speech doesn't apply."FCP's administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete, edit or otherwise modify any content posted at their discretion, as well as, the right to ban any member, username, IP or email address without notice."
Not that I want to start pandemonium, but I know through having several contacts involved in state gaming that in turn are putting pressure on the federal government, then my FBI friend told me that as of October 1, 2006 the FBI is tracking all off shore banking/internet gaming sites, including all players and all money transactions made through legal or illegal means (i.e. Neteller, Fire Pay, Visa, MC, etc.).
Damn. They have the FBI tracking what's it like 7 million transactions a year - what's the number?No wonder they can't catch terrorists and pedophile Senators. They're too busy tracking college kids playing .05/.10NL.BTW, AFAIK the FBI only has domestic jurisdiction. Wouldn't the tracking of foriegn transactions be relegated to the CIA? And so like your friend is that deep in the FBI that's he'd know something like this and uhm he's so deep in that he'd tell you?Has OP been banned yet?

lol.uh. I'm really out of the loop.feel dumb.so, I have sbout $1000 on Party.Haven't signed on lately.Are they still serving US customers?Or is it withdraws only?I"m at work.. I can find out tonight when I go home..just being lazy... ignore this post if you like :club:

lol.uh. I'm really out of the loop.feel dumb.so, I have sbout $1000 on Party.Haven't signed on lately.Are they still serving US customers?Or is it withdraws only?I"m at work.. I can find out tonight when I go home..just being lazy... ignore this post if you like :club:
No your still good. Party initially said they would probably shut out US players if Bush signs the bill. I'll believe it when they tell me that they really are going to cut their business in half.

Tell me where this is wrong, I keep plenty of money in my online bank roll so i never risk enough to come close to busting, then I take money from the poker site to neteller and buy stuff online with it, hence the money never comes close to my bank

Not that I want to start pandemonium, but I know through having several contacts involved in state gaming that in turn are putting pressure on the federal government, then my FBI friend told me that as of October 1, 2006 the FBI is tracking all off shore banking/internet gaming sites, including all players and all money transactions made through legal or illegal means (i.e. Neteller, Fire Pay, Visa, MC, etc.).Visa/MC has known about this for some time and have cracked down on letting their funds be used for internet gambling. Anyway, heed this warning, as I am a friend to all who are on this site and I believe in the fact that we should be able to gamble however we want to, but this has nothing to do with this, this is all being rolled up and put in bed with TERRORISM, and therefore, eventually, any of you who keep playing, are going to have your funds taken under the guise that you are supporting terrorism.If you don't want this to happen to you, take your money out of your Accounts now. I guarantee, that the more it happens, soon these large banking sites are going to stop cashing out and putting STOPS/CAPS on the amount of cashouts and/or claiming bankruptcy and you will never get your money, so get out now, get out unskathed. If you don't believe me, if you doubt me for one second that I don't know what I am talking about, then you have not listened to the few posts I have made on here and other sites and the people saying that I am paranoid and not to believe "my rants and raves". I just don't want your entire bankrolls taken.Good Luck to you all. I feel sorry for any of you who have relied on this as your income, but its over now, start your own private game....a legal social gambling game, and get your money out NOW!!!!
Its not illegal to play online poker in the US.

I posted this inthe first thread but it would seem useful here too:Seeing a lot of confusion and some clearly wrong conclusions in this thread, I thought I would try to help out. I do, in fact, have a law degree and have read the legislation and a good variety of commentary about it.The legality of playing poker online is not affected at all. I beleive Washignton state is the only state that prohibits online poker playing. I have heard the Hawaii, Louisiana and Utah also have laws that could be read to make playing online illegal. If you are not in one of these states then even if you continue to play online poker you are not breaking the law.However, every time a poker site accepts funds from a US player/source the poker site is breaking the law. Although many have thought these sites were already illegal under US law they were not. (a full explanation of this would be too lengthy). So this bill says "offshore poker room accepts money for betting from a US person, offshore poker room has committed a felony offense." Although arresting and extraditing the owners/managers of these offshore sites is difficult (unless they change planes in the US) many "respectable" sites do not want to be openly violating ANY country's law. Some, like those in the UK, also have to worry that the UK might actually extradite them for this (unlikely - but not impossible). Thats why Party and 888 will no longer let Americans play for money. Other sites, like the little ones based in Antigua (WPEX) or Curacao (Absolute). have no fear of extradition or bad reputation and have announced that they will continue to let americans play - the 2+2 thread is great for a listing from each site. The company that operates this site's servers, Bwin, is publicly traded and based in Austria. They have not said what they will do.Your bank will still send funds to Neteller (and the other "e-wallets") and accept funds from them. They are not a gambling site and do have non-gaming places to send money to. But Neteller is essentially in the same boat as the sites - it too will be breaking this law every time it sends a US person's funds to a gaming site. Will Neteller continue to do it anyway cause its based in the Isle of Man? Depends - they too are publicly trraded, and again extradition remains an open question. They haven't said for certain. If they do go ahead and continue sending US funds to gaming sites, the US may initiate legal action AT THAT TIME to stop your bank from dealing with Neteller because they break the law.Of course, if Neteller no longer will provide this service, you can bet other services will spring up around the world to fill the void. As each get hits with the order prohibiting US banks to deal with them, a new one will spring up.This law will far from end online poker. The open question is how far into unregulated, untrustworthy waters it will send americans who continue to play. That we will know as time goes on.And one other thing - your money is still safe if your site that has the money is safe. Nothing in the law prevents money coming back to the US.Skallagrim

how does this affect a canadian that uses neteller to keep thier bank roll online and make deposits and withdrawls?
Frist JUST added a bill to invade and conquer Canada. So when you become the 51st-55th states, you will be subject to these new laws.The time table for complete control over your military is set at...46 minutes.Must be a 15 minute break somewhere in the middle
Frist JUST added a bill to invade and conquer Canada. So when you become the 51st-55th states, you will be subject to these new laws.The time table for complete control over your military is set at...46 minutes.Must be a 15 minute break somewhere in the middle
Now that's ironic. We in Canada would probably be a LOT safer if your military ever came after us. Seems like lately the only targets the US military hits are their supposed allies. Christ you still haven't conquered Iraq and it's a hell of a lot smaller than Canada....... Give me a break... This message was tongue in cheek for all my REAL American friends.....Balloon guy you need some maturity... Or maybe get your head out of your ***...
Now that's ironic. We in Canada would probably be a LOT safer if your military ever came after us. Seems like lately the only targets the US military hits are their supposed allies. Christ you still haven't conquered Iraq and it's a hell of a lot smaller than Canada....... Give me a break... This message was tongue in cheek for all my REAL American friends.....Balloon guy you need some maturity... Or maybe get your head out of your ***...
Lighten up Francis. Just having fun with our America-Light friends in the north.Man why is everone so touchy? :club:
Lighten up Francis. Just having fun with our America-Light friends in the north.Man why is everone so touchy? :club:
Hey I'm not touchy it just seemed funny that's all.... We're not the ones with the problems with US governments. Our problems are with American military and its poor aim.
I thought the quote was "Fool me one, shame one you, fool me twice.... we won't get fooled again." The president of the US should know better than a random poster on a poker forum.
you would think so wouldn't you?
see what I mean? I really can't trust you, you promised you would leave.....
Hey I'm not touchy it just seemed funny that's all.... We're not the ones with the problems with US governments. Our problems are with American military and its poor aim.
That was a tragic mistake. Sorry dude.