Clear Out Accounts/quit Playing

because if the bill is strictly enforced the bank may not be allowed to cash your check if it comes from an online gambling site.
I'd be happy to open a cheque cashing business based here in Canada. You send me a cheque and when it clears I'll send you a cashier's cheque or money order drawn on a Canadian bank.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gotcha, but what if the check has no mention of a gaming site on it...-are they going to go as far as using tracking numbers on the checks, or soemthing like that??-man, this f***ing blows..

The claim that they can control this is ridiculous. If I open an account in England, where poker is legal, at a typical run-of-the-mill bank, and that bank is willing to do business with Neteller, because, after all, why wouldn't they, does anyone seriously believe that the US Gov is going to prevent all US people from doing buisness with all British banks? This I gotta see....

The claim that they can control this is ridiculous. If I open an account in England, where poker is legal, at a typical run-of-the-mill bank, and that bank is willing to do business with Neteller, because, after all, why wouldn't they, does anyone seriously believe that the US Gov is going to prevent all US people from doing buisness with all British banks? This I gotta see....
Now I could be wrong here but doesn't the new law prevent US banks from not only dealing with online gaming companies but also with companies that transact with online gaming companies? Meaning that a US bank would be prohibited from transacting with any company along a chain that contains an online gaming company.Yes, I know this would be virtually impossible to enforce but if we're just talking theoretically here wouldn't it be impossible to deposit proceeds from online gaming without importing actual cash (which has lots of legal restrictions and disclosures associated with it)?
I thought you were a nurse: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...mp;#entry818990 Now you're in politics and own your own healthcare business?Listen fruitcake - sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Literally laughed out loud at the bolded part
Now I could be wrong here but doesn't the new law prevent US banks from not only dealing with online gaming companies but also with companies that transact with online gaming companies? Meaning that a US bank would be prohibited from transacting with any company along a chain that contains an online gaming company.Yes, I know this would be virtually impossible to enforce but if we're just talking theoretically here wouldn't it be impossible to deposit proceeds from online gaming without importing actual cash (which has lots of legal restrictions and disclosures associated with it)?
I think he is saying have a bank account in the UK or whatever and do transactions between that bank account and neteller. Has nothing to do with a US bank. Then the British bank would just do wire transfers or whatever to your regular US bank account which is perfectly normal, legal, and in no way tied to online gambling.
I think he is saying have a bank account in the UK or whatever and do transactions between that bank account and neteller. Has nothing to do with a US bank. Then the British bank would just do wire transfers or whatever to your regular US bank account which is perfectly normal, legal, and in no way tied to online gambling.
The Feds can and will regulate what actions can be transacted between international banks. If the UK banks do not conform to US regulations, they can and will block interaction with overseas banks. How do you think we enforce other anti-terrorism legislation folks? If a specific transaction, individual, or organization is "red flagged" the up and down stream banks MUST comply too.
Its pretty simple guys. Very similiar to downloading music illegally.Lots of people do, few get caught, but they do get caught.If you want to roll the dice (Gambooool) knowing the consequences then thats each persons individual choice.No they will not 'catch' everybody, but they will catch some and do you want to be in that 'some' group?
Online poker is not becoming illegal.It always has been...technically.They are going after the funding sources.There will be tons of end arounds.Calm down...put down the tin foil hat...but keep the bottled water and batteries handy.
The Feds can and will regulate what actions can be transacted between international banks. If the UK banks do not conform to US regulations, they can and will block interaction with overseas banks. How do you think we enforce other anti-terrorism legislation folks? If a specific transaction, individual, or organization is "red flagged" the up and down stream banks MUST comply too.
This was exactly my point. What good to you is money in a UK bank if you can't get it into your US hands.But again, in practice it's not going to be impossible but theoretically it should be. Anything to circumvent the law could be construed as money laundering or other such crimes.
Hey morons...bury your head in the sand and flame away at the world in anger, but the bottom line is: online poker is coming to an end for U.S. players. Sooner than later. So get your money out or wish you had later. Your choice.
lol. Nice time for one of the biggest retards to ever enter this forum to come back and spew crap out of his mouth.

The one point that I haven't seen made yet is that unlike a well regulated bank, on-line gaming corporations do not have "reserves" or Federal Insurance. If there is a run on their $, you could be in trouble as they run out of cash, their stock crashes, and go out of business without paying you off. Good luck in bankruptcy court with an unregulated off shore corporation.

The one point that I haven't seen made yet is that unlike a well regulated bank, on-line gaming corporations do not have "reserves" or Federal Insurance. If there is a run on their $, you could be in trouble as they run out of cash, their stock crashes, and go out of business without paying you off. Good luck in bankruptcy court with an unregulated off shore corporation.
Um this is no different than yesterday. The poker sites are all offshore. If they close up shop and stiff you...it's not any more or less safe than it has been all along.Really this is so stupid that people are in a panic. You will be able to do business with banks outside the US, the US has no ability to regulate those offshore banks. They can still do business with the poker sites. So you'll just have to have a middle man. Netteller comes to mind. The US will have so many issues trying to enforce this sieve that we'll spend a bunch of money on nothing and claim that we were successful at stoping terrorism by stoping the money laundering. It's not a big deal, Party, Stars, Tilt and the rest of them will get this sorted out and you won't even see much of a slow down in business.Really look at this cool, calm and collected and you'll see everything will be just fine. DON'T Panic!

Are most of you ppl insane? Do you think inline poker was ever leagl? Did you ever read your user agreement? It has always been illegal to play. You are bound by thew gaming laws in which your IP originates, unless you live in a city where gambling is legal then you have been playing illegally. The same is true with this new law - all it is doind is stopping you from deposting with your bank account and credit cards.Will it lose business, sure, but will there be away around this very shortly, absolutely. For now, just use checks.

...the US has no ability to regulate those offshore banks. They can still do business with the poker sites. So you'll just have to have a middle man. Netteller comes to mind...
Not entirely true. The Federeal Reserve regulates transactions beteen US and International banks. In much the same way that the US can red flag a transaction, individual, or organization, the Fed can require that any down or up stream banking or transaction processing service (Netteller) not process transactions. US banks are NOT free to do business with just anyone. And electronic banking transactions that are regulated by the Fed have many indicators of the sources and destinations of the funds. This is very much in the interest of the Fed who is responsible for maintaining the integrity of our banking system. Federal policies like Depositor Insurance and Cash reserve percentages are affected by these transactions and up/down stream institutions..
Not entirely true. The Federeal Reserve regulates transactions beteen US and International banks. In much the same way that the US can red flag a transaction, individual, or organization, the Fed can require that any down or up stream banking or transaction processing service (Netteller) not process transactions. US banks are NOT free to do business with just anyone. And electronic banking transactions that are regulated by the Fed have many indicators of the sources and destinations of the funds. This is very much in the interest of the Fed who is responsible for maintaining the integrity of our banking system. Federal policies like Depositor Insurance and Cash reserve percentages are affected by these transactions and up/down stream institutions..
Ok, it's like an onion. Just peel off another layer. Like I said. If you can do business with a bank in just for argument in Scottland. This is not a bank that's set up to do anything with online gambling, it's just a regular bank in Scottland. Now since it's legal in Scottland to send money to a gambling site, the US can't go to that bank and say "Hey if you want US people to have an account we want you to stop accepting and sending transactions to gambling sites. That Bank will tell them excatly where to go.We have to have the ability to do business outside the US, we won't/haven't lost that right. If the bank is legit and not set up to do specifically online gambling, we'll still have the right to do business with them. What happens after that will get harder and harder to control/regulate.
Ok, it's like an onion. Just peel off another layer. Like I said. If you can do business with a bank in just for argument in Scottland. This is not a bank that's set up to do anything with online gambling, it's just a regular bank in Scottland. Now since it's legal in Scottland to send money to a gambling site, the US can't go to that bank and say "Hey if you want US people to have an account we want you to stop accepting and sending transactions to gambling sites. That Bank will tell them excatly where to go.We have to have the ability to do business outside the US, we won't/haven't lost that right. If the bank is legit and not set up to do specifically online gambling, we'll still have the right to do business with them. What happens after that will get harder and harder to control/regulate.
My understanding of the new law is that the US government is going to say to US banks, "Hey, these guys in Scotland are terrorists because they transact with online gaming companies. You are hereby forbidden to transact with these terrorist-funding Scottish banks."I could be wrong here, I'm definately no lawyer, but I believe the law, viewing US banks as the final link in a chain of transactions, forces US banks to no longer process transactions from business/banks/etc. that, somewhere along the chain transacted with online gaming companies or trasacted with companies that transacted with online gaming companies, etc.What you are suggesting is money laundering.
My understanding of the new law is that the US government is going to say to US banks, "Hey, these guys in Scotland are terrorists because they transact with online gaming companies. You are hereby forbidden to transact with these terrorist-funding Scottish banks."I could be wrong here, I'm definately no lawyer, but I believe the law, viewing US banks as the final link in a chain of transactions, forces US banks to no longer process transactions from business/banks/etc. that, somewhere along the chain transacted with online gaming companies or trasacted with companies that transacted with online gaming companies, etc.What you are suggesting is money laundering.
Where do you draw the line? How can I do business outside the US then for things other than online gambling? So any bank outside the US that wants to do business with a US bank has to follow our laws? Do any banks like this exist? If they exist then those banks NEVER do business with any banks that don't follow our laws? Let's not get all self involved. The US is trying to do as you've stated but they already know that it won't work. The Banks have already told them this will be a nightmare to enforce. If they do as you say this will bring e-commerce to it's knee's.
Where do you draw the line? How can I do business outside the US then for things other than online gambling? So any bank outside the US that wants to do business with a US bank has to follow our laws? Do any banks like this exist? If they exist then those banks NEVER do business with any banks that don't follow our laws? Let's not get all self involved. The US is trying to do as you've stated but they already know that it won't work. The Banks have already told them this will be a nightmare to enforce. If they do as you say this will bring e-commerce to it's knee's.
The Fed CAN and DOES impose their regulations on any bank, financial institution, or transaction processer the wants to do business with a US bank. These organizations MUST pass certain tests and other hurdles before they can pass a transaction through our banking system.
I agree with you in that I believe it won't happen but that is very different than saying it can't happen. I wouldn't want to have $20,000 in an online gaming site and find out that there is no way for me to get the cash into my hands.I don't know about banking laws in other countries but in order to open a bank account in Canada you need to show government issued photo ID, etc. You also have to attend the bank in person at least once to provide a signature specimin and confirm your ID and stuff. I'm sure you can get a bank account in the Cayman Islands without these hoops but those are likely going to be the one that US banks are prohibited from conducting transactions with. I suspect Neteller is going to be targeted too.I can't imagine the fallout being all that serious but there are likely going to be some people who lose significant amounts of money because of this.
The Fed CAN and DOES impose their regulations on any bank, financial institution, or transaction processer the wants to do business with a US bank. These organizations MUST pass certain tests and other hurdles before they can pass a transaction through our banking system.
So you think that it's working well? Have they been able to stop other business like this? Is it working for illegal Drugs? Pronography? Those people seem to be doing a better business than ever. Is online gambling anywhere near as bad an industry as the above mentioned 2? NO! Look, online gambling has been illegal in the US. Did that stop people? No they took it offshore. They stopped credit card deposits did that stop it? No. History tells me that we will be just fine. I might have to take an intermediate step to get to my destination, but I'll still get there.Will some of the smaller poker sites go broke? Maybe. Is this any different than yestereday? No.
being a greeter at walmart give's him friends in the F.B.I and other types of law enforcement
someone ban this "rowdy" clown. it took a while but it didnt take long for some misinformed loser to try to get everyone to panic.your posts are so wrong and inaccurate that its laughable. so laughable that anyone who believes you is a fool. (i mean that with all due respect.)

Surpising no one's brought this up (not really actually...)Say you're playing in a freeroll (no entry fee at all, not even player points) and end up winning money!???Free money is illegal to withdraw too?Eff that.