Finally made the move. I'm at the MGM till Wed while I find a place. I'm stuck using this internet TV which really sucks and is hard to read. I played some poker this morning for a couple of hours with a bunch of rocks and lost $2. The room was dead. Things get better Thurs thru Sat it seems. But will be looking for some fishy games at night. Any FCP'ers in Vegas? Lets find some soft games.

gl buddy, hope all goes well.i might have to pm ya, im gonna start makin more trips there, im in Tucson, its bout 5-6 hour drive.
Right on. That's not to far to drive. Tooke me 16 hours to get here from Tacoma Wa. My average speed was over 70 mph so I made good time and traffic wasn't bad at all. Got in at 4pm yesterday. I left Saturday. Drove for 8 hours even both days. II'm just glad the driving is over with and my car didn't break down. This interbet TV thing sucks balls. Time for food and some poker.
Finally made the move. I'm at the MGM till Wed while I find a place. I'm stuck using this internet TV which really sucks and is hard to read. I played some poker this morning for a couple of hours with a bunch of rocks and lost $2. The room was dead. Things get better Thurs thru Sat it seems. But will be looking for some fishy games at night. Any FCP'ers in Vegas? Lets find some soft games.
What games and limits do you play? I can tell you where there are some soft games.I have an apartment in Vegas but I also have a house in LA. I'm between Vegas and LA a lot.
have fun, how much is a place going for out there?
My apartment is going for $1,120/month. 2 bedroom 2.5 bath and 2 car garage. It's a pretty nice complex in the Summerlin area. I have a buddy that has a place a little bit south of me. His is not in the best part of Vegas but he only pays $675/month for a fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment.
Right on. That's not to far to drive. Tooke me 16 hours to get here from Tacoma Wa. My average speed was over 70 mph so I made good time and traffic wasn't bad at all. Got in at 4pm yesterday. I left Saturday. Drove for 8 hours even both days. II'm just glad the driving is over with and my car didn't break down. This interbet TV thing sucks balls. Time for food and some poker.
Are you the guy that sold everything and is moving to Vegas? If you are, gl to you, I hope you make it, keep us posted.

Good Luck.Regular updates would be appreciated.There are some on this forum that can no longer do the "living it up in Vegas" dream anymore. Instead we live our lives vicariously through the lives of people such as yourself.Reel 'em in chip by chip by chip.

is your move more or less to try and make a living at poker..or find a real job and see where poker takes you!

Good Luck.Regular updates would be appreciated.There are some on this forum that can no longer do the "living it up in Vegas" dream anymore. Instead we live our lives vicariously through the lives of people such as yourself.Reel 'em in chip by chip by chip.
If i were an american I would be in Vegas or California a worse.But i am stuck up here in the great white north. AND I am not saying I want to be an american

Holy crap, you're paying $1200 for a 2br apartment?When we move (as soon as the house sells) we'll be getting a 4br HOUSE in a gated community, with bike trails, lighted tennis courts, and a clubhouse for $1450/mo.You guys seriously need to research and pool your resources and rent a house! :club:

soft NL games are most likely during weekend late afternoon and evening hours at bigger resorts. i was at mandalay bay saturday where some lawyers from san diego and orange county were basically giving money away in a $200NL game. i was wandering around trying to find a place to watch some college ball near the sports book when i saw this game and had to sit in.at one point i was in a big pot with one of the guys i was talking about and had a very good read on the hand. after he bet me almost all in on the turn, i told him, "you have a 7 and an irrelevant card in your hand, and if i'm right, you're drawing almost dead. i'm all in." i was right, the guy knew i was right, and he called anyway. wtf?the board was 3-4-6-4 rainbow. i had 55. the guy was bluff-drawing at a gutterball, betting huge on every street with what turned out to be 10-7. his only outs were the 3 remaining 10s. the pot was about $600. i had seen him make similarly stupid plays earlier or i would never have played the hand as i did. god bless good game selection.-----------------------------------i find the games get more grim and rocky around 11PM-midnight onward, when players who tend to at least think they know what they're doing arrive and won't commit a lot of chips without a huge hand. that said, bad players do play later at night and there are a few occasional drunks who donate a buy in or two and wander off.if it's football season, march madness, or NBA playoffs, look for a game near a sports book and a bar (see again: mandalay bay) and you're in great shape.

Holy crap, you're paying $1200 for a 2br apartment?When we move (as soon as the house sells) we'll be getting a 4br HOUSE in a gated community, with bike trails, lighted tennis courts, and a clubhouse for $1450/mo.You guys seriously need to research and pool your resources and rent a house! :club:
That'll get u a shack in a maad ghetto area in FL
That'll get u a shack in a maad ghetto area in FL
ya rly. i pay 900 cdn for my 2bdr/2bth and its got a balcony, washer/dryer, gym in it and bike rooms and were right next to a soccer field, baseball field and bars/grocery storesand thats high for my city..lol
Well right now I share the apartment with my cousin so it's only costing me about $600 in rent plus other expenses. I personally am thinking of buying a house in the next year or so in Vegas. It's just a matter of moving some money around. For about $1,500/month mortgage you can get a pretty decent house in Vegas.But for right now the apartment suits me just fine. The complex is a gated community with 24 hour security guards. We have 2 pools w/barbeque areas and quite a few strippers that live here!!!

whats up guys..........good luck on your move bro!! Are you the same dude who started a thread a few weeks ago about moving to Vegas? I remember riptyde was involved in the thread too. Anyway, i'm getting ready to move out to Vegas from Atlanta in about 3 weeks. I will be out there next week for my interview (already got the job) from wednesday to saturday. If anyone wants to meet up play have a few drinks and play a session or SnG give me a shout. GL everyone!!Fred

As for soft games...This is a quick run down:Weekends:Mandalay Bay $2-$4 NL (plays bigger on the weekend) & $1-$2 NL really soft but small.Bellagio $2-$5 NL & $5-$10MGM $2-$5 NL & $5-$5 (good $5-$5 action on the weekends!)Venetian $2-$5 NLWeekdays:Red Rock $2-$5 NL (a lot of the locals will play here during the week but most of the time always good action)Wynn $2-$5 NL (good game but a little tuff during the week). There's been a lot of action at the Wynn lately because of their $100K freeroll. Also good weekday tourney's. The $1-$3 NL (Yes, $1-$3) is really good too... plays more like a $2-$5 sometimes. If you find yourself at a table full of locals play loose aggressive and you'll steal a lot of pots.Green Valley Ranch $2-$5 NL good game, just call them to see how many tables they have going before you show up. Some nights are good and some nights are dead.

whats up guys..........good luck on your move bro!! Are you the same dude who started a thread a few weeks ago about moving to Vegas? I remember riptyde was involved in the thread too. Anyway, i'm getting ready to move out to Vegas from Atlanta in about 3 weeks. I will be out there next week for my interview (already got the job) from wednesday to saturday. If anyone wants to meet up play have a few drinks and play a session or SnG give me a shout. GL everyone!!Fred
The way things are looking for online poker I'm gonna make the move back to Vegas when I can scrape up enough cash for the move and maybe line up a decent job on the side. Gotta find a place for my dog too thats a a little bit of an obstacle. But I should be back in Vegas before March