How To Save Online Poker

This is our only chance:1.Register to vote. Go to www.rockthevote.org , www.govote.org (if you use one of these sites, you will still need to print out the form and mail it in) or find out where to register in your community. DO IT TODAY! If you don’t register to vote right away, you may not get your registration processed in time to vote.2.Vote against EVERY Republican. I suggest voting Democrat, not because I’m a big supporter of the party (believe me, I’m not), but because it is the best chance we have of removing the Republicans. If you vote for some third party, it’s likely the Republicans will retain their seats.3.Ignore the Republican supporters and their retarted arguments. Most of what they are going to tell you is crap (most of what the Democrats say is crap too, but they are much more likely to support online poker). WE MUST REMOVE THE REPUBLICANS FROM OFFICE if we want any chance at all to save online poker.If you don’t vote to remove the Republicans, then stop complaining that online poker is gone. It will be YOUR FAULT!Note to die-hard Republican voters: Please don’t waste your time to rag on me for encouraging people to vote against Republicans. Rag on your Republican leaders to quit taking away my rights. Fix your party first, then we’ll talk.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a staunch republician until this under handed fiasco by Frist. I have denounced my party and have decided all my votes (Except for good ol' Arnold) will be for democrats this election season.

I was a staunch republician until this under handed fiasco by Frist. I have denounced my party and have decided all my votes (Except for good ol' Arnold) will be for democrats this election season.
Yeah, I kinda like Arnold too. Thanks for the support, Ricker!
If we can get enough people out to vote, and we might because not many people vote in the non-presidential election. It will send a message.
This is our only chance:1.Register to vote. Go to www.rockthevote.org , www.govote.org (if you use one of these sites, you will still need to print out the form and mail it in) or find out where to register in your community. DO IT TODAY! If you don’t register to vote right away, you may not get your registration processed in time to vote.2.Vote against EVERY Republican. I suggest voting Democrat, not because I’m a big supporter of the party (believe me, I’m not), but because it is the best chance we have of removing the Republicans. If you vote for some third party, it’s likely the Republicans will retain their seats.3.Ignore the Republican supporters and their retarted arguments. Most of what they are going to tell you is crap (most of what the Democrats say is crap too, but they are much more likely to support online poker). WE MUST REMOVE THE REPUBLICANS FROM OFFICE if we want any chance at all to save online poker.If you don’t vote to remove the Republicans, then stop complaining that online poker is gone. It will be YOUR FAULT!Note to die-hard Republican voters: Please don’t waste your time to rag on me for encouraging people to vote against Republicans. Rag on your Republican leaders to quit taking away my rights. Fix your party first, then we’ll talk.
Yeah, because Republicans are all about taking away rights. Gime a friggin break. You state that you are not a Democrat, then talk about "fixing" the party. Liberals wil do anything for a vote. As if ythis is the most important issue facing me and my country.
2.Vote against EVERY Republican. I suggest voting Democrat, not because I’m a big supporter of the party (believe me, I’m not), but because it is the best chance we have of removing the Republicans. If you vote for some third party, it’s likely the Republicans will retain their seats.
govt handles 100000000000000000001 things in your country and you are voting against them because they take one thing away.yeah someone take your voting rights away.

I voted libertarian when possible, but would vote Republican if neccesary as a defense against the evil Democrats. I will never make that mistake again. The Republicans are officially off my ballot choices. Seriously, people. time to look to third parties. The Rs and Ds both want your money and your freedom. Voting for either of them just encourages them to continue on the same path. Start a revolution, for for a third party. If every poker player voted against incumbents, the message would be heard loud and clear.

Ok, if this even had a chance of working in the first place. You are a day late and several dollars short.Voting in the Dems WON'T get this bill over turned. It's already in the final stages and the elections aren't till next month. They won't take office till after the first of the year.The Dems WON'T enact legislation to repeal this. No WAY.So yeah, your plan isn't such a good plan.Nice try tho.....

govt handles 100000000000000000001 things in your country and you are voting against them because they take one thing away.yeah someone take your voting rights away.
people vote on whats important to them Mate...go f a kangaroo or take a picture of an aborigine or just go drink a Fosters and calm down.

Haha was this a joke post? Vote Democratic and save poker online? If you really think that will help you are as dumb as this post. If it was just a joke then good one, very good one. Vote democratic, yeah right haha

Can the Republicans do worse even if they tried?? Our country is going to....oh well read the news.
Where is the country headed exactly?No one seems to want to believe that the economy is outstanding. The recession ended nearly two years ago. The DOW is at record highs. We won the war in Iraq in a matter of weeks. Saddam is no longer a threat. OBL may be dead. There hasn't been a single repeat attack on American soil since 911.
You are all so stupid. Please go over to the pokerplayersalliance.org and look at who voted for this in the house (when it was a standalone bill not attached to an important security bill). There is a list and you will see a ton of Democrats voting for this as well... for the list go to: House vote on internet gambling...For the research impaired:115 democrats voted for this. Admittedly the Republicans had a greater percentage voting for this but this is still a large chunk of Democrats.So how many of you called/wrote your senators/congressman on this issue? I've called all three and wrote two of them. I've also called all three today to express my displeasure with the outcome.I think the better, more impactful response to your local politition (whether they be Democratic or Republican) is to inform them that you have decided to make a campaign contribution to their opponent. Consider it a "bet". But I doubt many will follow through with this.
You are all so stupid. Please go over to the pokerplayersalliance.org and look at who voted for this in the house (when it was a standalone bill not attached to an important security bill). There is a list and you will see a ton of Democrats voting for this as well... for the list go to: House vote on internet gambling...For the research impaired:115 democrats voted for this. Admittedly the Republicans had a greater percentage voting for this but this is still a large chunk of Democrats.So how many of you called/wrote your senators/congressman on this issue? I've called all three and wrote two of them. I've also called all three today to express my displeasure with the outcome.I think the better, more impactful response to your local politition (whether they be Democratic or Republican) is to inform them that you have decided to make a campaign contribution to their opponent. Consider it a "bet". But I doubt many will follow through with this.
One of the few well played hands in this round.Nice job.

guys dont you realize that its cool to be liberal and totally uncool to be conservative?and if you wanna be really cool you have to say you hate bush non stop. dont ever actually look at the big picture or say anything remotetly relavent. just hate on bush.

Yes, they are taking away my livelyhood. It's only one thing--but, it's a big thing.Funny how you finish-up by suggesting they take away my voting rights.Think about all the reasons you support the Republican party, then think about how many of those reasons involve taking away rights (right to privacy, etc.).
vote libertarian!
I second that.And for any of you who think it's a waste of a vote, just think of how much of a waste your vote is if you vote in "the lesser of 2 evils". There comes a time in history where people need to stand up and vote for the party that they actually want in office. If enough people did this then the alternatives would gain more notoriety, and grow over time. We've become mired in this "2 party system" for so long now that constantly voting for the 2nd guy just to spite the 1st isn't going to change anything.As poker players, I can only imagine that you all value your freedoms, and think that our government telling us that we're not responsibile enough to handle playing is a bunch of crap! So if you're one of these people who are fed up with OUR government telling us what we can and can't do then look into a 3rd party option and vote for them. I have to suggest the Libertarian party as they are the one who would stand behind us against this BS law, but there are others out there to consider as well.And don't think that a vote for a 3rd party is a waste. Remember that a vote for a 3rd party is 1 less vote for the big guys. Not voting for a 3rd party because you believe "they have no chance to win" guarantees it.
Yes, they are taking away my livelyhood. It's only one thing--but, it's a big thing.Funny how you finish-up by suggesting they take away my voting rights.Think about all the reasons you support the Republican party, then think about how many of those reasons involve taking away rights (right to privacy, etc.).
dont waste your time he cant vote. and hes figures if he could, they would take away his voting right so he just wants to level the playing field
Let me think......my right to arm and protect myself......my right not to be taxed to death......my right/personal responsibility to support myself......my right to fire/hire whomever I want as an employer...
Your link does not work (at least for me). But, yeah, as I remember, about 60% of Democrats voted for it, along with 92% of Republicans. However, this bill would not have ever passed the senate without Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist's sneaky, underhanded trickery. He didn't even allow a debate on it, he just stapled it to a port security bill that HAD to pass.If people have heartburn over voting Democrat, at least vote against Bill Frist. You can at least do that, can't you?
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/news_...class=PokerNewshttp://www.pocketfives.com/2007ECCD-5D88-4...F4F54712E4.aspx"The legislation does not take effect immediately, and internet gambling enthusiasts and online poker players countywide should not panic. “This legislation is quite vague in terms of its implications on payment options for those wanting to gamble on the Internet,” said PocketFives Marketing Director Dan Cypra. “The future of Neteller and Firepay, both offshore companies, remains to be seen.” Jay Bailey, Membership Director of the NROG claimed, “From everything we have seen regarding this bill, it looks like Neteller and Fireplay may be safe.”All, one of the "cool" things about our country (and why you should support literal interps of the Constitution!!) is that our lawyers have a field day with laws. For instance, laws say stuff, and don't say stuff. And if a law doesn't explicitly say something, it will take a high court to rule that it "does" say it (see: abortion covered by the 14th amendment) before something can be regulated, stopped, or allowed.•Neteller and Firepay are probably fine for now. Even if they aren't, your bank can't control where you send a money order to.•You haven't been able to make a cc deposit to many sites already.•Party and Pokerstars balking is because they're worried about their stock and the high profiles of their owners. There will be many, many sites that won't shut down to American players until they're made to.Don't freak out yet. Keep a wary eye, but keep making your money.
So how many of you called/wrote your senators/congressman on this issue?
I wrote to both Arlen Specter and Rick Santorum today to let them both know that they lost my vote in the next election. Not that they ever had it (I'm a Libertarian), but I thought they should know why and this was the perfect opportunity.Sure, maybe it's too late to get this changed now, but I felt compelled to let them both know that they will not be allowed to continue to take away MY rights as a responsible, adult citizen of the USA. Everyone on this forum should go to www.senate.gov and do the same for the senators of your state. I had previously written to my rep. in Congress, Melissa Hart, and got some canned BS reply back regarding "money laundering for terrorists" and "protection of neighborhoods from societal decay". Complete and utter BS! A 2nd reply debating the arguments went unanswered (no surprise there) so I sent a 3rd telling her that she lost my vote as well.I hope everyone here is as outraged at our government as I am today. Who the hell are they to tell us what we should and shouldn't be allowed to do? On-line poker is a victimless activity, and yet they allow so many others that are not (alcohol, drinking and driving) and they do nothing to correct the inconsistencies and hypocrisy.It's time for a change people. Choose the party that makes sense to you, and raise your children to think for themselves and maybe someday we'll take back control of our country from those who are supposed to represent US, but don't. If you just vote for the lesser of 2 evils then it'll never change and we'll be doomed to lose more and more of our rights over time.
Your link does not work (at least for me). But, yeah, as I remember, about 60% of Democrats voted for it, along with 92% of Republicans. However, this bill would not have ever passed the senate without Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist's sneaky, underhanded trickery. He didn't even allow a debate on it, he just stapled it to a port security bill that HAD to pass.If people have heartburn over voting Democrat, at least vote against Bill Frist. You can at least do that, can't you?
Not from Michigan, nor can you from California"Sneaky, underhanded trickery"?Give me a break. Take a political Science course and come back when you have an understanding of the process.