Canadians And Non Americans To Take Advantage...

of guaranteed prize pools on major sites.Sorry to our American friends and truly I wish the US was not so screwed up over this issue but I think this is going to result in a huge short term boon for non Americans. Many sites have guaranteed prize pools that are created based on expected attendance for these events. It will probably take them a while to adjust the prizes downward once they realize what the new attendance will be.In the meantime I think the opportunity will exist to play for large prize pools with less then normal attendees.

Meh to that. Guarantees will drop off...just watch.
Of course they will.My point is there is a "short term" for us to exploit it as they figure out what the new numbers are.

So the poker sites have 280 days to adjust but they won't adjust the prize pools if they ban americans? Ummmmm dream on.

So the poker sites have 280 days to adjust but they won't adjust the prize pools if they ban americans? Ummmmm dream on.
I wll repeat the words "short term"...and once again "short term".It will take them time to adjust the prize pools. No site will want to be first to lower their guaranteed prize pools because this is a time when stealing traffic from other sites may be key.If PP drops its big prizes right away and PS does not then obviously PS may get additional traffic. So they will have to be careful about dropping.I already know of some Americans who are pulling money out of accounts just in case. That means the participant pool is ALREADY shrinking for the guaranteed prizes

Well, he has a point. I planned to play in the Sunday Million on Stars now that it's finally starting back up - but considering I've pulled out all but $300 from Stars, it's likely I won't be playing after all.Maybe they should reduce the Gtd Prize Pool to $999,800.Does the Sunday Nine Hundred Ninety Nine Thousand and Eight Hundred Dollar sound as catchy?

Ladbrokes for one has done fairly well and they've never accepted US customers.
This is true, same with WPTOnline.But if all the current US inclusive sites like Party, FT, Stars etc all close their doors to Americans then there will be far too many sites non-US market to sustain. Hence countless sites will be out of business.
I wll repeat the words "short term"...and once again "short term".It will take them time to adjust the prize pools. No site will want to be first to lower their guaranteed prize pools because this is a time when stealing traffic from other sites may be key.If PP drops its big prizes right away and PS does not then obviously PS may get additional traffic. So they will have to be careful about dropping.I already know of some Americans who are pulling money out of accounts just in case. That means the participant pool is ALREADY shrinking for the guaranteed prizes
Doesn't make a difference if ppl are taking their money out of sites, they can deposit enough to play a tournament when they want to. It will make no difference to entry fields
Doesn't make a difference if ppl are taking their money out of sites, they can deposit enough to play a tournament when they want to. It will make no difference to entry fields
Only you seem to think this and I think it is obviously wrong.A good percentage of American's will stay away or diminish play based on this. And whether it is 1% or 90% or somewhere in between then it automatically affects entry fields.again the key is short term. Many may come back based on what they hear from other players in the future but there definately will be some short term flux.