Multitabling..i Can't Do It.

1st off, should I assume everyone that multi-tables is playing limit so that they can essentially go on autopilot? Because I can't handle it playing pot limit and no limit (which is all I play).Also, are you guys playing with duel monitors, or just a large enough monitor to "tile" all of your tables so that you can see them all at once?My monitor isn't big enough and have to to cascade the tables, or keep them minimized until it beeps....which makes me go insane as I feel like they all start beeping at once.anyway...I may just not be able to handle it. Tell me how you do it,

1st off, should I assume everyone that multi-tables is playing limit so that they can essentially go on autopilot? Because I can't handle it playing pot limit and no limit (which is all I play).Also, are you guys playing with duel monitors, or just a large enough monitor to "tile" all of your tables so that you can see them all at once?My monitor isn't big enough and have to to cascade the tables, or keep them minimized until it beeps....which makes me go insane as I feel like they all start beeping at once.anyway...I may just not be able to handle it. Tell me how you do it,
i just put the two table next to eachother so i can see them both @ the same time
Dont feel bad. I cant do it either. I have to play one tournament at a time or I am just giving money away. I play so much, but have so little hands in my PT (11k) because I only single table :club:

I used to play 4 - 6 tables at a time, 4 was optimal on a 1600 x 1200 res monitor cause you could align all 4 tables up without any overlap. I only play limit and think it would be extremely tough to do so playing PL or NL.what i usually found by multi tabling you are resorted to playing more ABC robot poker, ie play the cards, position, etc versus reading the players.this limits your ability to make moves and ultimately a higher bb/100 rate, but even though your bb/100 is lower you are seeing more hands and usually making a higher $ win rate.I stopped playing 4 - 6 tables when I went to a little higher limits, because every bb made or saved means a little more.

Get a 2nd video card - if you have a desktop - or plug in a monitor into your laptop & 'stretch' the desktop.There's nothing wrong with playing 1 table at a time, if you cannot handle more than 1. If you're a wininng player on 1 table - and have Pokertracker - you should be able to handle 3 or 4.

Multi-tabling isn't for everyone. Personally, I play 4 myself (19" CRT monitor, 1600x1200 resolution- just big enough for 4 tables without overlap) but if I add a 5th or 6th I notice my play starts to take a big dive. It's all about finding what is comfortable for you.

Max res of 1600x1200 helps a ton.Being familiar with every situation you'll be faced with does too.If you play enough, almost every decision is an easy one. Ease your way into more tables. If you ever feel like you're pressed for time, take one away. It's not worth timing out to add another table. But not playing more tables when you easily can is wasting your potential.

I can play up to 4 tables playing tournaments and 3 playing limit usually. I don't have a particularly great monitor, so there is overlap, but it doesn't really matter. I get bored trying to play only one table. Most decisions are pretty easy and multi-tabling keeps me from trying to get too fancy or play too many hands.

Try doing just two tables if you are playing NL. I started with two and learned to make my eyes move like phil ivey's. :club: I generally do like two to four tables at NL on party. They have a feature that allows you to tile the tables.Start with two and work your way up if you can.