I rented Taxi Driver a couple years ago because it is supposedly a classic, and I was completely disapointed, not fing plot.....a waste of 4 bucks and 2 hours
I think it is good but it is very questionable whether this movie is even in Robert De Niro's top 5.Godfather 2, Heat, goodfellas, raging bull, meet the parents (sw, hate that movie) and others. what a career.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres probably 10 threads on this and I always answer. Keith (Kdawg) can come up with good lists. How about some foreign films?Amores Perros.Life is Beautiful.Old boy.Y tu mama tambien.Seventh Samurai

love snatch. but was lock stock better? debates are endless.....
Damn that one is tough. LOL...They're both great. I just didn't put that one up there, "Lock Stock" becauseI didn't think too many people knew about it.

for anyone that likes rounders, google search european rounders, its hilarious, its basically pot limit omaha version of rounders its pretty funny.not masterpieces but classics, karate kid, goonies, original batman and superman movies. the program HAHA, i like that movie though.

theres probably 10 threads on this and I always answer. Keith (Kdawg) can come up with good lists. How about some foreign films?Amores Perros.Life is Beautiful.Old boy.Y tu mama tambien.Seventh Samurai
these were good reminders for me thanks.i'm not saying these are best ever but a few foreign films I recommendInfernal Affairs - The Departed is the american version of this great movieMy Sassy Girl - good romantic movie that's funny in a way only a Korean movie can be. But, that won't stop hollywood from doing their versionMy Wife is a Gangster - very good kung-fu comedy/drama

Few more to add...A Few Good MenFear and Loathing in Las VegasAmadeusMulholland Dr.Barton Finkfew comments....I've recently seen Lock, Stock...it was ten times better than Snatch...and read Barry the Baptists portfolio in the extra features, so sick...the only other one that is decent I've seen recently was Capote.

How has Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels only received casual mention in this thread? Also the Princess Bride I haven't seen listed yet.Mark

How can any internet forum best movie list not have the Big Lebowski.. For shame.....Also, pretty much anything by Kubrick is a great choice, Dr Strangelove being his Masterpiece.The Seventh Seal is a glaring foriegn film ommision.Fantasia is the best animated movie of all time, in my humble opinion, and the best thing disney ever made ( though a case certainly can be made for sleeping beauty.)