On the other hand, you wrote, "an 80s flick." If it were a typo I would expect it to read, "a 80s flick." Grammar Detective Wakefield, signing off.
The "n" is right next to the space bar on my keyboard, i don't know about yours..
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, you wrote, "an 80s flick." If it were a typo I would expect it to read, "a 80s flick." Grammar Detective Wakefield, signing off.
HahahahahahaLady Grey....busted!
Anything with Andy Kaufman like, "Heart Beeps"
not really. he had some good movies.
Cabin Fever...What do I win now? :club:200px-Movie_poster_cabin_fever.jpg
ummm no. that was a good movie. im glad you dont post here anymore.
any movie with pesci can't be that good
what?
Boondock Saints, yes it really does suck.
yes, it does. very overrated.

^^ No way man, Boondock Saints was fawkin good.... Boondock Saints 2 tho is the worst movie of all time.... its like a parody of the first one which was pretty serious.....

We have a new contenderBad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
And this is why we* don't respect your opinions.tumblr_l1h1xkhG8o1qbgguvo1_500.png* this is either a royal 'we', or else I mean 'people like me who have great taste in everything'. Your choice.
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
That movie was amazing. My friend who's obsessed with Herzog took me to it, and it was the most fun we've had in theaters in a while.I don't think you were watching it right. Were you trying to take it seriously or something?
That movie was amazing. My friend who's obsessed with Herzog took me to it, and it was the most fun we've had in theaters in a while.I don't think you were watching it right. Were you trying to take it seriously or something?
Werner Herzog is one of the few things in life worth obsessing over. Did you see the video where he gets shot by an airgun while giving an interview and keeps going, saying that the bullet was "insignificant"? Did you watch the video of him eating his own shoe because he lost a bet? Did you see the film where he pulls a whole 300 ton steamboat over a mountain? Herzog is the ultimate badass, and he doesn't even take himself seriously. That's how goshdamn cool Herzog is.

Ok, so I watched Magnolia again recently. Or, I should say I tried. I gave up around the 90 minute mark. I am sure there is some reason that film buffs can point out why this movie is not atrocious....but I just dont see it. I hate that freaking movie.I will just have to accept that my ability to appreciate film is defective in some way I guess.

Werner Herzog is one of the few things in life worth obsessing over. Did you see the video where he gets shot by an airgun while giving an interview and keeps going, saying that the bullet was "insignificant"? Did you watch the video of him eating his own shoe because he lost a bet? Did you see the film where he pulls a whole 300 ton steamboat over a mountain? Herzog is the ultimate badass, and he doesn't even take himself seriously. That's how goshdamn cool Herzog is.
Or when the South American natives offered to murder Klaus Kinski for Herzog while they were filming Fitzcarraldo.Have you read Herzog on Herzog? If you're doing the Herzog thing, it's a must.
Or when the South American natives offered to murder Klaus Kinski for Herzog while they were filming Fitzcarraldo.Have you read Herzog on Herzog? If you're doing the Herzog thing, it's a must.
I do no "thing", and no. But I will look into it. And the natives thing doesn't really count as an example of Herzog being a badass, it's more of an example of the natives being badasses. If we're just sharing cool anecdotes about the filming of Fitzcarraldo, what about the cameraman who cut off his own foot with a chainsaw because a deadly snake had bitten it and he knew the poison would kill him within a minute? Now that is badass.
Ok, so I watched Magnolia again recently. Or, I should say I tried. I gave up around the 90 minute mark. I am sure there is some reason that film buffs can point out why this movie is not atrocious....but I just dont see it. I hate that freaking movie.I will just have to accept that my ability to appreciate film is defective in some way I guess.
ahh dude you missed the frogs....
what about the cameraman who cut off his own foot with a chainsaw because a deadly snake had bitten it and he knew the poison would kill him within a minute? Now that is badass.
Jesus.I think that was in one of the Saw movies.
ahh dude you missed the frogs....
no, I saw the frogs the first time (when I saw Magnolia in the theater)......and I did not think I could deal with that scene again.
what about the cameraman who cut off his own foot with a chainsaw because a deadly snake had bitten it and he knew the poison would kill him within a minute? Now that is badass.
you mean, it was just one of the things he wanted to do before he died? that IS bad-ass.
you mean, it was just one of the things he wanted to do before he died? that IS bad-ass.
Nah, he didn't die. He saved his own life. By cutting off his foot he stopped the poison from reaching the rest of his body and killing him. He probably bled a shitload but he didn't die, at least it didn't say he did when I read about it.
I respect his opinion on cigars and drivers.
I prefer my drivers to come from the Former Soviet Union.They have a skill set of being able to watch everything all the time, and they never miss telling a good joke about Poland.And right now my cigars are coming from Hispaniola, well at least the half of the island that didn't collapse when the earth shook.
I watched G.I. Joe right after this and enjoyed it, so I think I am more than willing to watch a movie and judge it for what it is.This movie sucked...all the way through.The lizard thing was a blatant rip off of Up in Smoke.and if you are ripping off Cheech and Chong for movie material..you suck