Neteller Hack

Long time member rare poster9prob never posted :club: ) , but I just wanted to let everyone know that there has been another Neteller loss.Had my neteller account for years without issue, my login in information has only been written on one secure piece of paper the entire time, never emailed IM account information ever. All 3 my computers are protected with Mcafee Security suite and also run Windows defender on all 3. Ran scans after the attack and nothing was found.My story is the same that I have been reading while searching the forums today. They got into my Neteller instacashed $750 + $66.xx fee, then they opened and deposited $1200 at Pacific poker. Pacific poker confirmed for me that someone set up an account that day in my name(a duplicate account) but really offered no more help than that. There was another $100 deposit at some other site I don't know, PayP2P. This all happened the day after I received a $750 cashout from Pokerstars. Within the last 7 days I received a cashout from FCP, AP, and PS. I have no idea how they got into the account. I have been in touch on Neteller and they are "investigating" the problem and should get back to me tomorrow, the lady on the phone at neteller told me that I should get my money back as a, "one time good will gesture" but she had to contact the merchants instead. I spoke with my bank as well and they said that if Neteller doesn't pay then they will dispute the charge and get my money back. Needless to say you can't be to safe and I have closed my back accounts and opened 2 new ones on poker specific account that I will continue to use(without instacash) if Neteller returns my money. But the "one time good will gesture" frightens me that I may not use them in the future.I will let you know how it turns out. Im happy to answer any questions about my experience so you can hopefully not got through the same experience.

also change ur instacash limit to $0and yeah that sucksim trying to set up a neteller account right now and am having problems bc they cant verify my SS# and i dont have my SS card w/ me @ school so w/e

Not only is playing online broccoli, but it seems that having money online is too!! :club: Sorry to hear about this and hope you get all of yourmoney back, one way or another.

Dude I feel your pain. I had a similar experience just a few months ago.I had my Neteller information stolen from my computer. The prick changed the password and I could not get access to my account. He withdrew all I had in my account (not much, about $200.00) but then made a withdrawal from my chequing account that is linked to my Neteller account for over $1000.00 With a wife, son and bills, needless to say I was freaking out. It was such a violation. I could prove it wasn't me because the IP address was recorded by Neteller and it was indicated the culprit was probably somewhere in Asia.I called Neteller immediately and they froze all transactions on my account but could not guarantee my money would be returned. I had the bank cancel the transaction and the money was returned to my account (thank god). It took about a week but Neteller returned my stolen funds as a "good gesture." But it took some serious wrangling. They say they'll call but they never did. Stay on their asses until you get a satisfactory response.Since this incident my wife wants me to quit playing online poker.........yeah right.Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Dude I feel your pain. I had a similar experience just a few months ago.I had my Neteller information stolen from my computer. The prick changed the password and I could not get access to my account. He withdrew all I had in my account (not much, about $200.00) but then made a withdrawal from my chequing account that is linked to my Neteller account for over $1000.00 With a wife, son and bills, needless to say I was freaking out. It was such a violation. I could prove it wasn't me because the IP address was recorded by Neteller and it was indicated the culprit was probably somewhere in Asia.I called Neteller immediately and they froze all transactions on my account but could not guarantee my money would be returned. I had the bank cancel the transaction and the money was returned to my account (thank god). It took about a week but Neteller returned my stolen funds as a "good gesture." But it took some serious wrangling. They say they'll call but they never did. Stay on their asses until you get a satisfactory response.Since this incident my wife wants me to quit playing online poker.........yeah right.Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Thanks for the feedback

sorry mna, hope everything works out for yaI feel the safest way is through the mail with insured checks. It takes longer to deposit and cashouts, but I feel more confident and will continue to use this method.

Heres an update,When speaking with Neteller I was told I would get a phone call on Friday, that did not happen. I called neteller myself and was told it was still with the investigation team and that they would call me either later today or Monday. I asked for a phone number to call they investigation department myself, he said they do give out the information and someone would call me. That was not reassuring but based on previous posts in this forum I will give it the benefit of the doubt.I had further contact with Pacific poker. They continue to deny anywrong doing even though on Wednesday support on the phone told me a "duplicate" account was opened Wednesday in my name. I received an email from them only they only have one account in my name called billyann. I have not or would never use that user name is anypoker site, I have the same user name at every poker site I play at. I did mention to them that there poker site appears to be the "goto site" for this kinda of illegal action that it appears that they are using your site to move stolen money and that I was concerned that they don't seem to be interested in investigating what happened and they are beginning to gain an online reputation for being un untrustworthy site. The was they are trying to brush me off when its with 100% certainty that thieves are using there site to move stolen money certainly gives me 100% clarity and hopefully anyone that actually plays at that site, the site should not be trusted and doens't warrant our patronage when there are many other sites that would take these actions seriously and track down and try to eliminate suck actions on their site.I will update more on Monday, if and when I hear from neteller and or Pacific Poker.billvan

Sorry dude, same thing happened to me. $750 + $66. Like you already know, you should get your money back.It blows my mind, that neteller can keep operating like this. One due to security reasons, you'd think it might scare away customers. And more importantly, they are giving back HUGE chunks of money to probably thousands of accounts. You'd think it would damage thier business a bit. But they just go on operating for months like it is nothing. UPDATE YOUR SECURITY NETELLER!thank you.

Here is an update.Got a call from Neteller today, they informed me that they contact the merchants the stolen money went to(payP2P and Pacific Poker) both refused to refund the money to Neteller. However, Neteller then informed me that in a "one time good will" they will refund all the money back to my account themselves. The money was back in my account this afternoon. Hopefully this will be the end of this saga and move forward. Hopefully personal things I have done to increase my own security will limit any chance this happening again and if by some chance it does, I will significantly reduce how much cash exposure will exist.In closure, I am very satisfied how Neteller handle themselves, however I am very concerned about Pacific Poker's lack of interest. As a long time online poker player, I strongly recommend to all players to stay away from pacific poker, internal security does not seem to important to them. Unfortunatley the US government might make that decision to play there a much easier decision for many players.billvan

how do u set ur insta cash limit to $0? Just email them? I can only find places to up my limit.

how do u set ur insta cash limit to $0? Just email them? I can only find places to up my limit.
I believe you have to call them or maybe possible to use the live chat feature.billvan

BuuuuumpSo guess what happened to me today... :club: Luckily, Neteller caught it before my bank even knew about it, so I blocked my account before anything got withdrawn. The canadian guy that helped me called me "lucky", and then profusely apologized and repeatedly said "wow" when I told him I called two weeks ago and tried to get my instacash turned off, only to be told I couldn't. So, until next week, I'll be playing exclusively with the fifty fugging dollars I have on FCP for the DN Opens/Superstars.Blah.

BuuuuumpSo guess what happened to me today... :club: Luckily, Neteller caught it before my bank even knew about it, so I blocked my account before anything got withdrawn. The canadian guy that helped me called me "lucky", and then profusely apologized and repeatedly said "wow" when I told him I called two weeks ago and tried to get my instacash turned off, only to be told I couldn't. So, until next week, I'll be playing exclusively with the fifty fugging dollars I have on FCP for the DN Opens/Superstars.Blah.
Well I'm glad to hear that you did not substain any loss! I would like to know how they are getting the infomation? I lowered my instacash limit to $100, I am also changing my password EVERYTIME I log into neteller, inconveinent yes, but makes me feel somewhat safer. With the online gambling bill changing everything looks like we have no choice but to live with Neteller :(billvan

I feel horrible for anyone who's had their Neteller accounts compromised, I really do.But can you please stop posting about it. Everytime I read about it, my heart starts to beat faster, and I frantically have to check my account, hoping and praying that my money is still there. Then I have to change my password again, for what seams like the tenth time this month.Although it does make me happy to read that Neteller seams to be good to deal with and that people are getting their money back.

for the person who asked if anything else had been compromised...i got hacked for $3k (that i didn't have) this summer. had a similar experience with neteller. i walked in the door this afternoon and the phone was ringing. it was one of my credit cards asking me if i had sent $500 western union today and about $1000 worth of other transactions. sweet. so, for the first time, i am concerned that they have more than my neteller. changing all passwords now...

for the person who asked if anything else had been compromised...i got hacked for $3k (that i didn't have) this summer. had a similar experience with neteller. i walked in the door this afternoon and the phone was ringing. it was one of my credit cards asking me if i had sent $500 western union today and about $1000 worth of other transactions. sweet. so, for the first time, i am concerned that they have more than my neteller. changing all passwords now...
That is pretty sick to say the least, I wish you luck. I probably gone a little overboard but you can't be to safe. I have changed all my online passwords, I closed my bank accounts and opened new ones including a poker only account. Changed my Amex account number. I also subcribed to credit monitoring at equifax.com so if there are any inquiries or new accounts opened in my name I'll know rather quickly. Identity theft is a problem that is only going to get worse unfortunately :club:
Dam thats brutal.Good luck man.
Glad you got your money back, Bill.After my neteller account was hacked, I did not have any other issues.
don't they just need your account # and secure id?...i've never been asked for my password other than on neteller's site