new hand names, your names!!!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 suited= the wacky creeperAlso why did Mike Sexton call AK the Ben Affleck Hand last night?
I think it's because on the WPT Hollywood home game Affleck was making fun of the way vince loves to yell "Big Slick! He's got Big Slick!". Proud to know way too much about poker on tv.

I have a hand-name for the 8-3 that came about once when I called w/ it on the button in an unraised 7 handed pot at Sunset Station here in LV... The incredulous loser (who had limped UTG with Aces) shouted "how can you play that sh*t?!" and being a smartass, I replied "It's Tuesday; I always play this hand on Tuesday." Anyway, I have since squeezed quite a few bets out of players who play w/ me often by 1. playing this hand (on Tuesday of course!) on button or cutoff, multiway in an unraised pot and 2. representing it at opportune times to the same players who have seen me show it down. Needless to say, the8-3 "Tuesday hand"has many players I regularly play with convinced I am insane and that I am never going to be any good, just very, very lucky! :shock: (note: I really do play this hand this way on Tuesdays; few players believe me when I tell them the story, and truthfully only about 15 to 20 times has it come up, but I've bluffed at and won several pots when the board happened to come w/ both an 8 and a 3, and players involved had previously seen me show it down.)This is my 1st post and I've really enjoyed the forum thus far... looking forward to getting involved!

Pocket 10's. My friends and i call them pocket binary. It works in so many ways...1s and 0s are used in binary, and 1010 is the #10 in binary code.I thought it was coolWhen you turn them over tell people you have the "pocket binary." It scares them into thinking you are some kind of math wizard.
If memory serves 1010 in binary would 101 and translate into 4. Binary goes something like 1,2,3,6,10, 17, 27, etc...I don't see how you would get ten out of 1010 when 00001 would be ten.I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

DIdn't read previous threads.9-5 = working day (9 to 5)K-9 = dogs (canines=K-9's) think that's known though10-10 = wigwams (two tents=two tens)ok mine are not funny, so i'm gonna quit now.

QQ - GetknockedoutoftourneyaftergoingallinbyKQosbecuaseastraithitonriver.
HAHAHAH THIS ONE IS THE FUNNIEST. EVERYONE JUST STOP NOW... LOL LOL LOL
I have a hand-name for the 8-3 that came about once when I called w/ it on the button in an unraised 7 handed pot at Sunset Station here in LV... The incredulous loser (who had limped UTG with Aces) shouted "how can you play that sh*t?!" and being a smartass, I replied "It's Tuesday; I always play this hand on Tuesday." Anyway, I have since squeezed quite a few bets out of players who play w/ me often by 1. playing this hand (on Tuesday of course!) on button or cutoff, multiway in an unraised pot and 2. representing it at opportune times to the same players who have seen me show it down. Needless to say, the8-3 "Tuesday hand"has many players I regularly play with convinced I am insane and that I am never going to be any good, just very, very lucky! :shock: (note: I really do play this hand this way on Tuesdays; few players believe me when I tell them the story, and truthfully only about 15 to 20 times has it come up, but I've bluffed at and won several pots when the board happened to come w/ both an 8 and a 3, and players involved had previously seen me show it down.)This is my 1st post and I've really enjoyed the forum thus far... looking forward to getting involved!
gripes I play at sunset every now and then. maybe we have butted heads :-)
99 is Gretzky88 is Lindros77 is Coffee66 is Lemieux55 is Jovo44 is BertuziDo you think I like hockey? Eh!6 3 is the Watson Special. (Long Story)
Wait just one minute. 77 should be Bourque. End of discussion.
not only should 77 be Borrque but Bertuzzi deserves to die
Well we are all awfully sorry about your boy Moore, but that doesn't mean Bertuzzi needs to die...

74os = Cambodian SlickAfter a vietnamese player here in NYC. At showdown a guy turns over AK for top pair and says "I got Big Slick" Vietnamese guy stands up and yells "No good...I got Cambodian Slick" and flips over 74os for two pair.If you flop a set and win with pocket 3's yell "all you can eat crabs"