• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was involved with this project, I think the following pairings should be used:Chip Reese and Erick LindgrenDoyle Brunson and Johnny Chan Barry Greenstein and Howard Lederer Erik Seidel and Annie DukeJennifer Harman and Carlos MortensenPhil Ivey and John Juanda Daniel Negreanu and T.J. Cloutier Dan Harrington and Phil Hellmuth

Yes I am a captain. There will also be women in the league. So it won't exactly be the "top 64 players" in the world as certain slots will be given to women. Nothing against the ladies, but there simply aren't 8 women players that would rank in the top 64 IMO. Uh oh, now ladies will hate me too, lol :club: Having said that, it's likely that my co-captain will actually be a lady. Luckily for me, she is a player that would rank in the top 64 easily. I can assure you of one thing, Ivey and I will not be co-captains. That might be a little unfair to the other teams IMO.

Btw, the format will play a lot more like a cash game than a tournament. You won't necessarily see a "winner" at the end of each show- at least not in the traditional sense. Blinds likely won't go up either...
dn do you think that this could possibly be better than the HSP on GSN, because so far it is about the only poker worth watching
Nothing against the ladies, but there simply aren't 8 women players that would rank in the top 64 IMO. Uh oh, now ladies will hate me too, lol :D
I don't hate you. Real women can handle the truth.I'll be watching.llou :club:
Yes I am a captain. There will also be women in the league. So it won't exactly be the "top 64 players" in the world as certain slots will be given to women. Nothing against the ladies, but there simply aren't 8 women players that would rank in the top 64 IMO. Uh oh, now ladies will hate me too, lol :club: Having said that, it's likely that my co-captain will actually be a lady. Luckily for me, she is a player that would rank in the top 64 easily. I can assure you of one thing, Ivey and I will not be co-captains. That might be a little unfair to the other teams IMO.
It's funny how a comment like that could possibly create alot of commotion. There were two twin girls in high school who went through a 2 year court process to ensure them the right to try out for a boys hockey team. And hearing news like that is really difficult to comprehend. Also hearing stuff like angry people ranting about changing the term manhole to person-hole...Anyways back on topic we all are obviously excited and cannot wait to see all the little details and how the captains fill out their rosters. This must be a dream for you Daniel since you are a really hardcore "fantasy game" enthusiast. Good luck and thanks for sharing some information on your old friends, never forget about those guys.
Btw, the format will play a lot more like a cash game than a tournament. You won't necessarily see a "winner" at the end of each show- at least not in the traditional sense. Blinds likely won't go up either...
you and annie duke? do I really need the sw?
If I was involved with this project, I think the following pairings should be used:Chip Reese and Erick LindgrenDoyle Brunson and Johnny Chan Barry Greenstein and Howard Lederer Erik Seidel and Annie DukeJennifer Harman and Carlos MortensenPhil Ivey and John Juanda Daniel Negreanu and T.J. Cloutier Phil Hellmuth and Phil Hellmuth
phil cant work with anyone who isnt himself, he cant stand amateurs :club: .i am cery excited about this, finally some good poker on TV.i watched the last WPT ep that brunson was in, they had about 5 bb's each left at final 3!

DN congrats to you and your colleagues for pulling this together. After attending my first WSOP this year, I saw the massive potential poker has. Unfortunately, in my opinion, poker lacks the corporate sponsorship and television network partnership it takes to make a "Tour" work. Sounds like you guys have wrestled these problems to the floor. The WSOP reminded me of the county fair. I expected big participation by companies like Dell (internet poker) and financial services (special accounts for internet players etc.). Instead it's a poker website and a smaller beer brand.Golf went through all the things you guys are doing now when the PGA TOUR was founded. I wish you well in developing the PPL. I hope the professional league gives a glimpse how the game ought to be played and the "open" tournaments give everyman a chance to compete with the stars during real events. This could be the dawn of poker's golden age. Although I hear poker ratings are beginning to sag due to overexposure, this league will undoubtably do well.Congrats again.Burgerman

Who are the top women in the game? I'm guessing Daniel's co-captain is one of (in my order of skill):1. Jennifer Harman2. Kathy Liebert3. Annie Duke4. Vanessa Rousso5. Evelyn Ng6. Jennifer Tilly
No Cyndi Viollete? Cyndi > Evelyn, Tilly, Rousso for sure. Probably better than Duke & Liebert.
Nothing against the ladies, but there simply aren't 8 women players that would rank in the top 64 IMO.
I can't belive you would say such a thing! I can no longer be a fan after a sexist comment like that. Shhhh :club: Don't tell my wife I wrote that, she would kick my azz. You know you met her.

It's definetly Cyndy Violete that's DN's Co-Captain. He'd have given us a little "Tell" if it was Jen Harman or Evelyn.If it was Skanky Duke, he'd have opted out.