I think he gave two tells that it might be Jen Harman. First, the bit about definitely being in the top 64. Shortly after that, he made it clear that the rules are more like cash games than tournaments and this also seems like an advantage for a player like her. Just a hunch on my part, but a strong one, that she is his co-captain.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the rumors Ive read about top 64 players is a huge stretch including the woman. Evelyn ng in but Kathy Liebert isnt?(id like to be able to say ng has the credentials but compared to liebert all she has is a rack) lol. tits > play in this case. So it sounds more like top 64 marketable people to certain demographics. The show still sounds like it will be fun to watch.

Yes I am a captain. There will also be women in the league. So it won't exactly be the "top 64 players" in the world as certain slots will be given to women. Nothing against the ladies, but there simply aren't 8 women players that would rank in the top 64 IMO. Uh oh, now ladies will hate me too, lol :club: Having said that, it's likely that my co-captain will actually be a lady. Luckily for me, she is a player that would rank in the top 64 easily. I can assure you of one thing, Ivey and I will not be co-captains. That might be a little unfair to the other teams IMO.
Make way guys...I am gonna display my insane reading skills here (over the internet no less).here I go...bold prediction:Daniel ain't gettin any for a few days...(provided that Lori reads this sexist chauvenist statement)Get the lynch mob ready...have at him ladies.BTW...you are right..women suck at poker....for the most part.BTW..can we bet on this? This sounds like a way I can donk away money for cheap action.
I can't belive you would say such a thing! I can no longer be a fan after a sexist comment like that. Shhhh :club: Don't tell my wife I wrote that, she would kick my azz. You know you met her.
you love telling people about the time you met dn dont you?
Who are the top women in the game? I'm guessing Daniel's co-captain is one of (in my order of skill):1. Jennifer Harman2. Kathy Liebert3. Annie Duke4. Vanessa Rousso5. Evelyn Ng6. Jennifer Tilly
Linda Johnson?What about Barbara Enright? Does she still play?

This is very different than the PPT. The PPT was a tournament with the top players but this will be a league, not a tourny. Daniel said it is more like a cash game and the play will be much different than the play of the PPT. The strategy will also be different.How does this sound for commentators? Chris Rose and Gabe Kaplan

There will also be women in the league. So it won't exactly be the "top 64 players" in the world as certain slots will be given to women.
Kind of like when all the kids have to play during the Little League World Series even if they get a token inning in RF?
No why would you say that. Picture063.jpg
Dude,DN came up to my chin, maybe, when I met him. What is your wife, like 4'5"?No wonder DN like syou, your wife is the first person he can tower over since his Mother, and his dog.(Notice how I worked in a mention that I also met DN when I was at the WSOP?)
nice analogy-there are some great women players though.
Agreed. I found it funny that with 8 teams and DN mentioning that 8 women wouldn't be in the top 64, I assumed that each team must have one woman rep on it, kind of like when you have those MTV shows where each of the teams doing the physical challenge has a woman on it and if you get the reasonably strong woman on yours, you're in good shape. ie) If you get Harman on your team in this thing, you're in good shape.
Dude,DN came up to my chin, maybe, when I met him. What is your wife, like 4'5"?No wonder DN like syou, your wife is the first person he can tower over since his Mother, and his dog.(Notice how I worked in a mention that I also met DN when I was at the WSOP?)
Nicely done. She is 4'10"
Agreed. I found it funny that with 8 teams and DN mentioning that 8 women wouldn't be in the top 64, I assumed that each team must have one woman rep on it, kind of like when you have those MTV shows where each of the teams doing the physical challenge has a woman on it and if you get the reasonably strong woman on yours, you're in good shape. ie) If you get Harman on your team in this thing, you're in good shape.
harman would be my first choice if i had to pick a woman (and she would be close to my first choice if i had to pick a man)I think Duke would also be good in this format
Having said that, it's likely that my co-captain will actually be a lady. Luckily for me, she is a player that would rank in the top 64 easily.
This is making me think it's gotta be Harman. I'm having a hard time thinking of another woman that would be ranked in the top 64, especially one that DN would rank so high. DN and Harman sounds like a great pick for co-captains. I'm amped as hell for this..
I can assure you of one thing, Ivey and I will not be co-captains. That might be a little unfair to the other teams IMO.
That would be pretty nasty. Either way, I can't wait for the draft for this. I'm assuming it's going to be a while before we see this on TV, but either way I'm pretty psyched for it.
harman would be my first choice if i had to pick a woman (and she would be close to my first choice if i had to pick a man)I think Duke would also be good in this format
Dude, I would take Rousso in a second. She's a hottie and has some game.