1. Bush is not a Texan, or even a cowboy. He went to friggin New England elitist prep school and then to Yale. Please don't assume things.2. There has been no genocide in Iran SINCE Ahmadinejad took office. To call him a genocidal person is a misnomer and simply factly inaccurate. Obviously he's crazy, but he hasn't committed any war crimes-- something that cannot be said of our own President.Clearly the world would be better if he wasn't in office, but don't make false statements that people might take as fact. (I am mainly a lurker, but I had to say something when someone was just so completely factually wrong on just about an entire statement)
You should stick to being a lurker. Being homicidal doesn't mean you've committed homicide. Being genocidal doesn't mean you've committed genocide. Get it? As far as being a Texan--he lives in Texas--Crawford, Texas, to be exact. That makes him a Texan, see?
You should stick to being a lurker. Being homicidal doesn't mean you've committed homicide. Being genocidal doesn't mean you've committed genocide. Get it? As far as being a Texan--he lives in Texas--Crawford, Texas, to be exact. That makes him a Texan, see?
Haha.If I moved to Britain I would not become British. Bad argument.But, as soon as I read the ad hominem attack I knew that you really had no interest in actually discussing this point and would rather just assume you are completely and totally correct. What happened to civil dicussion in this country?
Haha.If I moved to Britain I would not become British. Bad argument.But, as soon as I read the ad hominem attack I knew that you really had no interest in actually discussing this point and would rather just assume you are completely and totally correct. What happened to civil dicussion in this country?
Born in New Haven, Connecticut, Bush is the eldest son of George H. W. Bush and his wife Barbara Bush. His family moved to Texas when he was two years old. He was raised in Midland and Houston, Texas with his four siblings, Jeb, Neil, Marvin, and Dorothy.
You're right. Having lived in the state of Texas for 58 of his 60 years, he's obviously a 'Connecticutter'? Don't be dim. Just stop.You wanted civil discussion and you come at me with that?You embarass yourself, not me.
Haha.If I moved to Britain I would not become British. Bad argument.But, as soon as I read the ad hominem attack I knew that you really had no interest in actually discussing this point and would rather just assume you are completely and totally correct.
How are your teeth? We'll need to know this to have an answer
What happened to civil dicussion in this country?
Michael Moore ruined it for everyone.
How are your teeth? We'll need to know this to have an answerMichael Moore ruined it for everyone.
Please review:Limbaugh, RushOr, if you're in to some more considered reading:Politics lost
That's when you actually use your brain and decide if 'what they believe' agrees with what you believe. But obviously you are right... David Koresh was deemed a good leader by a small group of people that believed what he believed and admired his convictions. I appreciate your reinforcement of my point.
And I appreciate your reinforcement of mine.
He cheated his way in the first election and people were dumb enough to vote him in the second time. Thank goodness he cant be reelected again.
For the record, he won the second election because they put Kerry up against him. All the Dems had to do was put somebody who appeared to be able to think on their own up against him and it would've been a landslide. But they didn't. They put up a ****** that basically answered half his questions by saying "I'm not him." Bush got reelected because he was the only candidate that appeared to have any sort of leadership ability at all.Kerry may or may not actually be a decent leader, but the way the Dems ran his campaign made him look horrible.

I'll put my outsiders view on this one... from here in Quebec, I'll go with Daniel on this one.... Mahmoud, even though he is supposed to be the bad guy!! Look a lot more intelligent and well spoken than most current world leader!Here, Bush seem to be "stupid" at best!!! I often wonder how American think he make a good president, even though I absolutly love the US, almost all the people I admire is American, but I never understood this one... an emotional reaction to 911.... plausible cause, but this president and mostly his imperial court doesnt appeal very much to me! I wouldnt vote for any of them even with a gun pointed at me! But maybe it's how the media present him, but Bush always seem to have a hard time to talk! I consider myself to not have that much vocabulary in english (which is a secondary language by the way) but I like to think that at least I'm better than your president :club: I dont want to despise the guy cause he won twice (which seems to be a norm anyway), but I feel like he wouldnt be president if his name wasnt Bush! He only stick to his ideas cause it doesnt look like that he have the ability to create new ones. And although all the propaganda of him being strong... I see him as a lone child effraid of the task at hand. Over and over again seem scared in interview and press conference looking down and all around like if he sayin : "please somebody help me". I wont judge his policy, cause I'm not americain and I dont really know what u people need... but I'll say that since Stephen Harper got in power here, I'm even more ashamed to be Canadians... and from what I heard... he's a "hard right" wing "Republican" puppet just like Bush!!! Refuse to see that this planet his sick mostly because of oil (i know it's hugely for economic reason, but neverthless frightning) he see war as a mean to acheive economic growth, etc!!!!But I'm not neutral on that one.... if I would be american... I would definitly be Democrat. I rather be lied at than see how dumb politic really his!!!------------------------------------------On another note... a columnist here in Quebec wrote earlier this year something that seem crazy... but really it's not!!!!The only way to reach World peace is to give every country a Nuke. Example of that are aplenty!!! The Cold Wars resolve without fireworks, nobody bother China which is a upcoming nuclear superpower! (that can launch things in space; therefore intercontinental missile), Nobody bully India. Russia, France or Great Britain.... So please... give every child a Nuke... and peace will follow B)

Ok, just to prove that I'm not "crazy" or out of line with thinking that this man makes for a good politician, I wanted to show you guys all a quote from the recent TIME magazine piece written by Scott MacLeod: "Ahmadinejad is a skilled, if slippery, debater. In his press conferences, he has shown himself to be a natural politician, gifted in the art of spin and misdirection.." That's what I took from the 60 Minutes interview. He was an excellent debater, always had control of the direction the interview was going, and also deflected any questions that might make him look bad. That's what I was talking about. Not that the guy is a "good guy," but that the guy s good at playing the political game. When I hear Bush address the nation, he comes off as though he is annoyed by the questions and is generally just pissed off. He comes off as condescending (in my opinion, let's make that clear) and defensive. I'm not saying that being a good/bad public speaker is indicative of a person's ability to be president. What I am saying, is that I think our current president pales in comparison to a guy like Bill Clinton, or even John Kerry when it comes to public speaking. Maybe it's just me, but when I see Bush on TV answering a question he looks like he's just about to throw a tantrum. I never got that feeling from Clinton, Reagan, or Bush Sr when they ran the country. All of those men had a quality about them that I think George W. is missing. I think that lack of smoothness is one of the main reasons many people in Europe don't like Bush. He comes off as lacking class. (Just my humble opinion)
Bull. Ahmahdinajed has just received the benefit of the press fawning over his every word, that is all, and that includes Time magazine. I never thought I would see the day when a man who want's to obliterate a nation off of the map solely based on there religous beliefs, is given the kind of respect that the mainstream press has given him. It's just sick.
Bull. Ahmahdinajed has just received the benefit of the press fawning over his every word, that is all, and that includes Time magazine. I never thought I would see the day when a man who want's to obliterate a nation off of the map solely based on there religous beliefs, is given the kind of respect that the mainstream press has given him. It's just sick.
QFT QFT QFT
When you discuss a hot issue such as this, you need to choose your words carefully.
When you discuss something, you can choose whatever the **** words you want. People ought to not get their panties in a wad because they have poor reading comprehension. Or more likely, read the name 'Ahmedinejad' and stopped using their brains.
It's always amazing to me that people like Daniel and other celebrities don't realize that yes they have the right to state they opinion but I am not sure they realize the consequences of their freedom opf speech. Even though I still have respect for Daniel, I certainly have changed my opinion of him and most liklely reduce the amount of time that I watch him on TV. In the long run his freedom of speech which by the way was provided by Presidents such as Bush who are willing to take unpopular stances against the rest of the world.
His freedom of speech was provided by the framers on the Constitution and is protected by the government of the United States. And his freedom of speech is more likely to be threatened from within than the rest of the world, so any stance the President takes 'against' the rest of the world doesn't provide free speech.
Did that article happen to mention that he's a crazed, genocidal, anti-semite who would have all Christians and Jews killed? Or at least reference it?You didn't. That's why Time > Daniel Negreanu.
So now when you talk about people, you're required to include a brief description with their name?EDIT:
By the way, I googled "Sagawersia" and there need for nuclear enery to survive but we won't give it to them....guess what. The only hit returned was to your blog, I don't believe there is a "Sagawersia" in need of nuclear power that is suffering because we won't give it to them because they won't renounce their Muslim beliefs. A falsehood you give to support your claim and when a person looks further they find there is no such country.In addition, the US is not the only country with nuclear energy. Please see the following article:
It was a hypothetical.
There are things that are unforgivable.When JFK debated Nixon, most people that heard it on radio thought Nixon won, those that watched it on TV gave it to JFK. That was the first time we realized that we needed to wrap our pres in a pretty smooth package to make the TV happy.This country is too busy worrying about how our President looks, vs what he does.Kerry( who went to vietnam ) was a dork, deserved to lose. Algore is making a joke of himself, Clinton is trying hard to stay relevant. The Dems are in more trouble than we are.
Atleast Kerry went to Vietnam... :club:
But he [bush] has values and sticks to what he believes. I follow that kind of leadership.So did Hitler.
So did the guy that called me with QJ yesterday.WTF are you talking about?
When did sticking to what you believe become a good thing? If the guy believes aliens and the Russians are planning to take over the world, why is it good that he sticks to it?
The Russians did want to take over the world, very vocal about it.Not sure about the aliens...Just having fun, I get your point