• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been discussing Heroes on another forum as well, maybe I never brought it up here. It's been really obvious because of the stuff going on in the Alternate Reality Game... you can check this site to catch up on it a bit. It became apparent when Samantha (AKA Wireless) was getting people to counteract the original rigging of the voting machines. Linderman's solution to that is Micah. I didn't check, but was it the same girl playing Molly both times? She looked a lot older this week.I have a problem with Ms. Petrelli, I think it's odd that she started off as a bumbling petty thief and now she is part of a huge conspiracy. Was that just part of playing dumb to Nathan and Peter, because it seems odd that if she wanted Nathan to get into office that she would risk embarrassing him before the election. Since we know their dad didn't have powers (at least based on comics so far) then I assume she has some type of power, and who knows exactly what it is. Which also beckons the question, do Nathan's other children have powers? And unless there is some more back story on the wife, my guess is she doesn't have any.Hiro's dad has to know what's going on, we know he is tied in with Linderman we just don't know the extent of it. Looks like were going to get to see a confrontation between Hiro and his father sometime the next two weeks.
Re: Mom...I think the story has taken some unexpected turns since the early episodes, even to the writers and producers.Is there a chance Linderman is really nathan/peter's father? A little out there, but I could see it.The only reason I'm wondering about nathan's wife is A) she's a relatively well known actress to have such a small part. ii) the heroes seem to find each other in relationships (nikki/DL, Nathan/hippy fire chick) 3) his mom seems to have a fair bit of influence in his life and with the linderman level...she could well have arranged his marriage to whateverthehellhernameis.Molly does seem a bit older...from sixish to tenish....A few more years and Sammy will be all over her.
Is there a chance Linderman is really nathan/peter's father? A little out there, but I could see it.
I'd lean to no, because they were partners after the war. That would require Linderman cheat with Ms. Petrelli or some other subterfuge... not impossible though.A lot of what were asking I think will get answered in season 2. They seem to want to take it global and focus on family members of the current characters we are following. Here is another article with some hints as to whats to come... including an sort of answer to your question.CBR: Behind the Eclipse Week 21Possible Spoilers for this and next season...

"It's been mentioned that there's a hero Claude is hiding. Have we met this hero yet?" - We're hoping we can surprise you next year with the answer."We caught a glimpse of Sparrow Redhouse in the recent online novel and that was very exciting for me! Will she be the important new female character we've been hearing about for the second season? And, if so, can you say anything about her personality or her role in the story?"- I can see how it was very exciting to see Sparrow, Suburban. It's hard in this world for a man to find a woman with two nouns for a name as he has. Sparrow was a character we've been kicking around since before the pilot got picked up. Like Hana, she will be living in the comic for a while, but we're waiting for the right time to spring her onto the screen."On a related note, will we be seeing more of Hana on the show itself? I think Stana Katic is terrific."- Sadly, we won't be seeing Stana on the show for the remainder of this season, but that's only because Hana Gitelman is needed elsewhere. We have very special plans for her. The good news is that she will be starring in her own 22 page epic adventure, the bad news is that it's called “The Death of Hana Gitelman.”"I have a question regarding Ma & Pa Petrelli. In the online comic, Petrelli Sr. had no powers, and if Mom has no powers, are Nathan and Peter really their children?"- I'm not sure we ever said they didn't have powers on screen or in the webcomic. But Volume 2 is entitled “Generations,” so stay tuned for a more in-depth look at the Petrelli parents.She wanted to know a bit more about something you guys announced at Wizard World LA, that there'd be a book published this summer called "Saving Charlie" that explains the story of what happened between Hiro and Charlie during the six months he spent with her in the past.- As for “Saving Charlie,” we've got a publishing house and an author. Someone we hope to announce soon that will knock this story out of the park. We're hoping we can make an announcement by ComiCon as to a publishing date."In 'Five Years Gone'/'String Theory,' Parkman states that Peter and Hiro couldn't use their abilities on the same floor as the Haitian, who apparently can block powers. If that's the case, then how come in 'Unexpected' Peter was able to use telekinesis and flight when confronted by Bennet and the Haitian on the roof? Is this an oversight, or will there be a more thorough explanation of how the Haitian's powers work in the future?"- We hope to expound on the Haitian's abilities as soon as possible, starting with a webcomic this summer devoted to his origin. As for the differences in his power in “Unexpected” and “Five Years Gone,” you have to remember what the Haitian as someone who could have fine -tuned his ability in the last five years.We know Sylar does something with people's brains to steal their powers, but it's unclear what that is and speculation has primarily been centered around eating 'em! Yum! Will we find out what he does before the season ends?- Nope. Not this season. (was that a hint that Sylar lives till next season?)In our best "Napoleon Dynamite" impression possible, "Dang it!" Seeing the future was fun. We loved the stand-off between Peter and Sylar. Is there any chance we'll ever actually see that fight take place (either in the present or the future)?There's a reason we only gave you a taste. It's called Episode 23: “How to Stop and Exploding Man.”

watched it live at the end of the show. surprised you guys didn't see the same thing.
Nah we always get a different preview than you guys do, no idea why.Big Spoiler about casting for season 2:

Zachary Quinto (Sylar) signed on for Season 2, makes it unlikely that he dies this season unless he is being used in flashback/time travel/some other weird loophole.

So tonite is part II of the three-part season conclusion... Last week was slow, setting things up. In a traditional literary sense, tonite should be the darkest time for the heroes, the crisis if you will...before the denoument next week and the heroic triumph.I expect some bad things to happen tonite.Christopher Moltisanti bad...

So tonite is part II of the three-part season conclusion... Last week was slow, setting things up. In a traditional literary sense, tonite should be the darkest time for the heroes, the crisis if you will...before the denoument next week and the heroic triumph.I expect some bad things to happen tonite.Christopher Moltisanti bad...
I'm not sure the end of the season is going to be all happy and cheery.
I'm not sure the end of the season is going to be all happy and cheery.
I don't necessarily think so, either. I'm just talking about the standard three act story arc.

Had an individually wrapped Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie last night, the wife bought a pack...yummy.

I don't necessarily think so, either. I'm just talking about the standard three act story arc.

Had an individually wrapped Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie last night, the wife bought a pack...yummy.

Yea,

my daughter ate all my cookies, I won't have any more till next week.

Good episode tonight (no surprise there).After next week's season finale, how long do we have to wait until Season 2 starts?
about a week or too ago, the blogger guy with the show said NBC is planning to do a '24' style run of shows..I could see it starting later then running without interruption, but who knows.

Well, doesn't this screw the whole plan of healing everyone after the bomb? Linderman is dead now, so he can't heal anyone. Unless somehow he can come back to life, but I have no idea how that will happen.The first 45 minutes this week were extremely slow.

Well, doesn't this screw the whole plan of healing everyone after the bomb? Linderman is dead now, so he can't heal anyone. Unless somehow he can come back to life, but I have no idea how that will happen.The first 45 minutes this week were extremely slow.
I think your misunderstanding his idea of healing. He said he doesn't want to heal the world 1 person at a time, the deaths of .07% of the population were to unify the world, give people an experience to come together for... not so he could run around and heal the survivors.Between Bennet killing of Thompson with the "your last" comment, and DL pulling out a Mortal Kombat style fatality on Linderman I was pretty happy with it. Ted went out like a sissy though.There isn't just going to be a season two, there are already spinoffs coming... see Heroes Origins
The struggling network will also try to stretch “Heroes” by spinning off a related six-episode “Heroes: Origins” series that lets the audience choose a new cast member.The six-episode “Heroes: Origins” series is a novel way for a network to address one of its chief unpleasant lessons this season: viewers are impatient when their favorite serials disappear into reruns for a huge chunk of the year. Each episode will introduce a potential new character, and the most popular chosen by fans will join the “Heroes” cast full time.
Behind the Eclipse - Week 22Some interesting things from the article...

1. Peter has Eden's ability, he just isn't aware of it.2. Why doesn't Linderman just heal Molly instead of having Suresh do it? Apparently that will be explained later, of course he isn't healing anything now.3. There will be more on Bennet's family in season 2.4. The DVD will included deleted scenes, but probably not put right back into the episode.5. The reason Sylar was able to stop hiro trying to kill him was because he lost concentration, it's confirmed in the article. I just want to know how he stopped the sword with his bare hand and not get any type of cut.6. Candice will show you just what she can do in the last two episodes. Sidenote: apparently as hinted tonight, Candice is a fat slob of some sort. She just appears as she does to cover it up.

More behind the scenes stuff from CBR on tonights episode

what an episode. the last 15 minutes was amazing. Ted did go out a bit like a sissy. amazing how linderman went down felt like I was playing mortal kombat. Really surprised with hiro's dad. any thought of what his powers are? I just cant wait till next week monday.

Should be interesting to see which show has the higher main character bodycount at the end of this season - Heroes or Lost.Ted did go out like a sissy; seems like a couple of nuclear blasts could have taken care of Sylar; especially since he had been honing his power in the desert.Not sure why Parkman didn't sense Eric Roberts from coming up behind him (can Roberts mask his thoughts?). Good job by DL and Nicki/Jessica not to frisk Lindeman when they initially were knocking him around.Hiro sure learned how to use the sword quickly and the previews knocked out any suspense of whether HRG would kill the little girl tracker although it was obvious that he wouldn't be able to do it. Also, I guess that DL survives his gut shot for another hour at least.

Should be interesting to see which show has the higher main character bodycount at the end of this season - Heroes or Lost.Ted did go out like a sissy; seems like a couple of nuclear blasts could have taken care of Sylar; especially since he had been honing his power in the desert.Not sure why Parkman didn't sense Eric Roberts from coming up behind him (can Roberts mask his thoughts?). Good job by DL and Nicki/Jessica not to frisk Lindeman when they initially were knocking him around.Hiro sure learned how to use the sword quickly and the previews knocked out any suspense of whether HRG would kill the little girl tracker although it was obvious that he wouldn't be able to do it. Also, I guess that DL survives his gut shot for another hour at least.
I figure he's got about a 1 in 11 chance to survive the gutshot.