Okay I just watched the show again after my first post and I have more questions. 1st. the lady that is with Mr. Bennett when he is meeting with that family she is wireless right? 2nd. When Parkman is talking to past Hiro they know of Hiro and what he does though it is the future Hiro. Wouldnt they notice that he looked different? or is it things he did shortly after the bomb and then disappeared from everyone kind of like it seems peter did. Being that Mohinder was very surprised to see peter. 3rd. With using Back to the future as a reference for movies with time travel. Being that future hiro was able to go back in time and save the cheerleader everything would have followed the proper timeline correct? Being that when marty did something in back to the future everything played out though the original present day marty never noticed things to happen because he traveled back or forward in time. So with saving claire the bomb never should have gone of being that sylar would have been dead because past hiro would have killed him already, though with traveling in time he would not know that he killed him and in turn that would change the future hiro to be different. With the way that the future hiro is though peter saved the cheerleader nothing changes therefore future hiro has to be living in the correct timeline and there is another time that they must go back to kill sylar. Did I lose you guys. I am totally using what we know here and trying to relate it to back to the future being that for me that is the clearest way to do it. I have to say I have reread my third question and I have no idea of how to make it clear. I hope someone can figure out my madness there. Sorry for total confusion

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a plot hole, he didn't know they were dead.If you notice, Sylar used all of those powers that Hiro was asking for....DL=grabbing Peter through the door, Candice=Shapeshifting, and a to be named power I suppose by Molly.
Yea I rewatched it and my guess is that Bennet handed them over to Parkman and Sylar killed them at some point.Another HUGE plot hole, how did Sylar hide his thoughts from Parkman if he was in contact with him that much, and how did he avoid being anywhere near the Haitian all this time, if he got near him POOF illusion gone. Is Parkman that stupid?
1st. the lady that is with Mr. Bennett when he is meeting with that family she is wireless right? 2nd. When Parkman is talking to past Hiro they know of Hiro and what he does though it is the future Hiro. Wouldnt they notice that he looked different? or is it things he did shortly after the bomb and then disappeared from everyone kind of like it seems peter did. Being that Mohinder was very surprised to see peter. 3rd. With using Back to the future as a reference for movies with time travel. Being that future hiro was able to go back in time and save the cheerleader everything would have followed the proper timeline correct? Being that when marty did something in back to the future everything played out though the original present day marty never noticed things to happen because he traveled back or forward in time. So with saving claire the bomb never should have gone of being that sylar would have been dead because past hiro would have killed him already, though with traveling in time he would not know that he killed him and in turn that would change the future hiro to be different. With the way that the future hiro is though peter saved the cheerleader nothing changes therefore future hiro has to be living in the correct timeline and there is another time that they must go back to kill sylar. Did I lose you guys. I am totally using what we know here and trying to relate it to back to the future being that for me that is the clearest way to do it. I have to say I have reread my third question and I have no idea of how to make it clear. I hope someone can figure out my madness there. Sorry for total confusion
1. Yes, it was Hana Gitelman2. They might have thought he was changing his appearance to hide himself considering they were treating him like a terrorist.3. There are 3 time lines in effect. 1st there is the future time line where Claire was killed by Sylar at the school and became nearly impossible to kill, bomb goes off and we got the future (we haven't seen this time line, it's just been discussed). The second is the current time line, where Peter helps rescue Claire, but the bomb still goes off... thats what we saw last night. The last will be the time line that develops now that Hiro has seen the future and knows what is going to happen.Basically Peter saving Claire changed the time line, but not enough to affect the bomb going off as he thought it would. Now current Hiro needs to figure out how to stop the bomb from going off.

My guess is that the Haitian has to direct his powers to use them. I don't see him as a dampening field, but he has to direct them and close off a specific power. Therefore, he'd never think to shut off Sylar/Nathan's powers, because he didn't know they existed.Also, with sylar having so many powers, isn't it conceivable that he's able to sheild his thoughts from Parkman?

My guess is that the Haitian has to direct his powers to use them. I don't see him as a dampening field, but he has to direct them and close off a specific power. Therefore, he'd never think to shut off Sylar/Nathan's powers, because he didn't know they existed.Also, with sylar having so many powers, isn't it conceivable that he's able to sheild his thoughts from Parkman?
Hiro made it sound like just being around the Haitian made them unable to use their powers, thats why I thought it was weird. They didn't even want to be on the same floor as him. I suppose Sylar of the future has more powers and it's possible, it's just not part of what was presented to us. I just don't get why he wouldn't want Parkmans and the Haitians powers?

I remember hearing I think while claire was watching TV about the linderman act. Did any of you catch that and what where they talking about there. as far as nathan/sylar did people know that sylar has actually been posing as Nathan or did everyone think that sylar was dead and not realize that nathan was actually dead? Another question I had about a few episodes back when mohinder had syler captured and was going to shoot him. Whos power did syler use to stop the bullet. Wouldnt that have been Hiro's power?

I remember hearing I think while claire was watching TV about the linderman act. Did any of you catch that and what where they talking about there. as far as nathan/sylar did people know that sylar has actually been posing as Nathan or did everyone think that sylar was dead and not realize that nathan was actually dead? Another question I had about a few episodes back when mohinder had syler captured and was going to shoot him. Whos power did syler use to stop the bullet. Wouldnt that have been Hiro's power?
It was that telekenesis power he picked up from that one guy way back when Mohinder's father was trying to figure out if Sylar had any abilities.
It was that telekenesis power he picked up from that one guy way back when Mohinder's father was trying to figure out if Sylar had any abilities.
only thing about that though is that he seems to slow time to do that. Or are they just doing that for the pure TV showing.Also if future Hiro tried to kill sylar but he regenerated wouldnt sylar have killed hiro? It seems that as time has gone on he finally got better at using his power so at that point he wouldnt be as good as getting away?
only thing about that though is that he seems to slow time to do that. Or are they just doing that for the pure TV showing.
He didn't slow time, remember when Hiro pauses time that when he resumes it everything keeps going as it was, he would have had to have gotten up and put the bullet down or it would have continued on it's path to his head, not to mention Mohinder wouldn't have been sitting there looking scared to death. He stopped the bullet like that using TK for dramatic effect, he wanted to scare Mohinder.
He didn't slow time, remember when Hiro pauses time that when he resumes it everything keeps going as it was, he would have had to have gotten up and put the bullet down or it would have continued on it's path to his head, not to mention Mohinder wouldn't have been sitting there looking scared to death. He stopped the bullet like that using TK for dramatic effect, he wanted to scare Mohinder.
gotcha thank you sir
Hiro made it sound like just being around the Haitian made them unable to use their powers, thats why I thought it was weird. They didn't even want to be on the same floor as him. I suppose Sylar of the future has more powers and it's possible, it's just not part of what was presented to us. I just don't get why he wouldn't want Parkmans and the Haitians powers?
If we're giving sylar credit for being super smart, he knows he can't just kill the Haitan and Parkman and still retain the illusion of him being President Nathan. He needs some help in carrying out his plan. People to do the dirty work. Once he gets Claire's powers, in his mind, he'll be able to do anything he wants anyways.
If we're giving sylar credit for being super smart, he knows he can't just kill the Haitan and Parkman and still retain the illusion of him being President Nathan. He needs some help in carrying out his plan. People to do the dirty work. Once he gets Claire's powers, in his mind, he'll be able to do anything he wants anyways.
I don't know if thats him being super smart, Mohinder did get the drop on him with the tainted tea. He just likes dramatic effect, you can tell when he went to kill Issac he was annoyed that Issac didn't run from him "this is the part when you usually start screaming" and when he killed the girl with super hearing "whats that sound?"... "Murder".The guy who plays Sylar really is great in that role, very creepy.
I don't know if thats him being super smart, Mohinder did get the drop on him with the tainted tea. He just likes dramatic effect, you can tell when he went to kill Issac he was annoyed that Issac didn't run from him "this is the part when you usually start screaming" and when he killed the girl with super hearing "whats that sound?"... "Murder".The guy who plays Sylar really is great in that role, very creepy.
I think the casting for most of their characters are spot on. Everything about this show is great from writers to special effects to the cast of characters. The one thing I wonder is when did he kill nathan? A total different thought is who do you think kills him in the present day or do you think he doesnt get killed at all? My thoughts is that Ando kills him. Reason being is that he is always around and I think him Hiro and peter will be fighting sylar those two will get hurt and Ando will kill sylar with Hiros sword. What do you guys think?
My thoughts is that Ando kills him. Reason being is that he is always around and I think him Hiro and peter will be fighting sylar those two will get hurt and Ando will kill sylar with Hiros sword. What do you guys think?
That could be it...maybe Ando died in the original history trying to do the same thing.
5 part article on the Heroes the finale episodes.Spoilers... and interesting tidbits.1.

Sylar tells his mom that he is a serial killer, and during the exchange is attacked by Hiro.

Claire jumps out of a skyscraper and leaves herself splattered on the sidewalk.

3. ''I thought I was signing up for a show called Heroes,'' says Adrian Pasdar, whose morally shaky politico Nathan Petrelli will make a choice in the finale that will affect the destinies of every character on the show. ''I didn't know I was going to wind up on Survivor.''4. Larter believes that Niki/Jessica have begun to meld into a single persona: ''We're in a groove. I've had more of a complicated, cerebral story line. Now, I'm going to get to do some fun stuff.''5. ''I don't think anyone who's ever watched a handful of these episodes ever felt dissatisfied, but one thing we're going to try to improve upon next season is the air pattern,'' says NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly, adding that a specific plan is already in the works — one that would amount to a ''big twist'' for season 2. ''Fans who like serialized shows like this don't like it to go off for big chunks of time. We have a big idea for next season, but by the third season we'll move to a 24 model, where we're on continuously.''6.

However, Sylar's Freudian-fraught fight with his mother does ignite the finale's apocalyptic endgame and puts him on the presidential path suggested by April 30's noodle-cooking ''possible future'' episode. ''It's a bad day for the world,'' says Quinto. ''I'm not going back to the watch shop anytime soon.''

7. ''I know exactly where season 2 starts,'' says Oka. ''It focuses on heritage, the family line, and the source of the powers.'' That means the ''older'' generation of heroes — including George Takei's Papa Nakamura and especially Cristine Rose's Mama Petrelli — should expect more screen time.8.

''All I know is that I'm going to be all over the world next year,'' says Sendhil Ramamurthy, whose nonpowered (or is he?) scientist Suresh will learn crucial info about his Indian past and his dead (or is she?) sister in the finale that helps set up next season.

#8 is particularly interesting.

So... kind of a boring episode, just getting the pieces together for the big finale.Still can't figure out who the bomb is, Peter, Ted or Sylar.
they are definetly setting everything up for the last two weeks. As far as the bomb I totally give up already. But I know see how sylar became president from what his mom was saying. Was really interesting the whole sylar thing. Really made him seem normal and almost like a good guy that was just misunderstood until the end.

It suddenly occured to me last night Micah's part in this. He's going to influence the election by controlling the automatic polling booths. Has this been so obvious that no one has commented on it? I'd hate to feel this slow about everything.What surprised me most about last night's episode is the amount of people working to make sure the bomb goes off...Linderman, the organization, petrelli's mom...A real conspiracy. Hiro's dad has to be in on it as well.Nicely done with Molly being brought back into it last night, bringing together the early storyline as well as the future storyline.Anyone else still really curious about Mrs. Petrelli's power? And does Nathan's wife have a power?

It suddenly occured to me last night Micah's part in this. He's going to influence the election by controlling the automatic polling booths. Has this been so obvious that no one has commented on it? I'd hate to feel this slow about everything.
I've been discussing Heroes on another forum as well, maybe I never brought it up here. It's been really obvious because of the stuff going on in the Alternate Reality Game... you can check this site to catch up on it a bit. It became apparent when Samantha (AKA Wireless) was getting people to counteract the original rigging of the voting machines. Linderman's solution to that is Micah.
What surprised me most about last night's episode is the amount of people working to make sure the bomb goes off...Linderman, the organization, petrelli's mom...A real conspiracy. Hiro's dad has to be in on it as well.Nicely done with Molly being brought back into it last night, bringing together the early storyline as well as the future storyline.Anyone else still really curious about Mrs. Petrelli's power? And does Nathan's wife have a power?
I didn't check, but was it the same girl playing Molly both times? She looked a lot older this week.I have a problem with Ms. Petrelli, I think it's odd that she started off as a bumbling petty thief and now she is part of a huge conspiracy. Was that just part of playing dumb to Nathan and Peter, because it seems odd that if she wanted Nathan to get into office that she would risk embarrassing him before the election. Since we know their dad didn't have powers (at least based on comics so far) then I assume she has some type of power, and who knows exactly what it is. Which also beckons the question, do Nathan's other children have powers? And unless there is some more back story on the wife, my guess is she doesn't have any.Hiro's dad has to know what's going on, we know he is tied in with Linderman we just don't know the extent of it. Looks like were going to get to see a confrontation between Hiro and his father sometime the next two weeks.