The Official "i Hate Jamie Gold" Wsop Final Table Thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only watched the live webcast. I don't know if I will change any of these opinions when I see the ESPN coverage, but what I took from the Main Event Final Table was that:- I can't remember Gold getting big money in as a dog and sucking out- I do remember Gold getting big money in as a favourite and getting sucked out on- AC played well for a while and then tailed off- If I was Gold and had the chips and a chance to take the best player out, I probably would have taken it- Gold played the best at the final table. I may have disliked him personally, but he deserved to winYou people are whining pussies

I only watched the live webcast. I don't know if I will change any of these opinions when I see the ESPN coverage, but what I took from the Main Event Final Table was that:- I can't remember Gold getting big money in as a dog and sucking out- I do remember Gold getting big money in as a favourite and getting sucked out on- AC played well for a while and then tailed off- If I was Gold and had the chips and a chance to take the best player out, I probably would have taken it- Gold played the best at the final table. I may have disliked him personally, but he deserved to winYou people are whining pussies
getting chips in as a 3-1 dog against binger isnt considered a big dog, and if wasicka had played he would have been even a bigger dog.when you flop a monster every time its hard to get your chips in badAC made 1 big mistake at the final table and 1 minor mistake to go along with a lot of very good reads, and if by tailing off you mean he pushed in with the best hand and Gold made a very marginal call than you're right.
i knew he got very lucky to win but i didn't realize how lucky he was. Every flop he was in he and his opponent would hit the flop but Gold would hit it better, every time
yes, because we get to see every handsw (obv)
It's amazing how everyone on here has Gold's play pegged only seeing about 10% of the hands. What is even more amazing is that no one here beat him the ME.Why is Cunningham so scared of him? Why that horrible check on the river with the straight? See, now I'm becoming one of you idiot flamers. Seriously though, if he thinks he's that aggressive wouldn't he bet and hope to get raised there?
I'll tell you why...because you are such a horrible poker player.Gold is one of a million oblivious Holdem morons that can't resist a checked river. Allen thought that Gold would auto bet the river and he didn't....Good play by gold. Cunningham was just banking on Gold's propensity to bluff the river.It's called...GAINING a bet. Allen obviously thought there was no way he gets called...so his best chance to win more money in the pot was to let Gold "bluff" at it on the river. Gold didn't.This is a free lesson
yes, because we get to see every handsw (obv)
Well, we don't get to see every hand, but we get to see the one's that count. The one's that make a difference in who might win the championship. I'm sure they wont show the hands where Gold picked up J3 and folded to someone's raise in the CO to steal his blinds. But they show the hands that count, the one's with action. And everytime there was big action, Gold was there, and had nice piece of the action. I'm sure they would show every hand that had any significant meaning to the ME champ, or at least nearly every hand that had significance.

Not to piss on everyones parade here but first:Gold is a LUCKBOX in every senseHe came off as a real prickHis talk to those is his crew and chan makes me want to hunt him down and throw him under that busButHe helped his cause quite a bit. He was really able to talk alot of players into calling him down whe he held the winner, and to throw away winners when he bluffed. Obviously this doesnt work against the solid players, and mostly worked against all the main event donks. But he did help himself with his talk, as annoying as it was.I fully expext to hear stories of him being hit by a bus with the next few months

Re Wasicka: you can stick all your EV stuff up your ***, if i know the guy behind me is going to be all-in, i'll fold my drawing hand for a good chance to win 2 million dollars. Oh and btw, if your opponent has a bigger flush draw (which either of them could very easily have had), you're going to be making a terrrrrrrrrrible decision by calling.

Oh and btw, if your opponent has a bigger flush draw (which either of them could very easily have had), you're going to be making a terrrrrrrrrrible decision by calling.
Which Wasicka said he put Gold on while discussing the hand on The Circuit. I mean, I still move my stack in there...but I wasn't looking 2 million more dollars in the face. Wasicka is still one of the most profitable LAGgy 2000NL cash players on the net, so I trust he had his motives even if they were -EV. On an aside, I don't see how anyone can say Cunningham played anything less than great during the final table. I loved his river check with the straight and I don't mind soft playing TP against someone like Gold that has shown a propensity to bet out a lot. As people have previously mentioned, the hands I remembered Gold getting one up on him during the webcast turned out to be good laydowns by Allen. Not to mention the 2 levels of Cunningham constantly raising and picking up every pot that ESPN didn't show.
I'll tell you why...because you are such a horrible poker player.Gold is one of a million oblivious Holdem morons that can't resist a checked river. Allen thought that Gold would auto bet the river and he didn't....Good play by gold. Cunningham was just banking on Gold's propensity to bluff the river.It's called...GAINING a bet. Allen obviously thought there was no way he gets called...so his best chance to win more money in the pot was to let Gold "bluff" at it on the river. Gold didn't.This is a free lesson
Not to mention the only reason Gold didn't bet the river is because he ended up with top pair. No pair and he bets and suddenly AC looks like a genious. Which I think he is.