• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT....
Yeah DN, next time you decide to write your own opinion in your own blog, try to come off more informed...Like this guy.Honestly, I'm usually very diplomatic, but some of you should print out your posts and have at least 3 people read them before actually posting. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think DN set out to publically debate every Bush supporter by writing this blog. He simply stated his own opinion, which we are all allowed to have. Saying obnoxious things like "We all saw the same movies and shows but went a few layers down in the onion" doesn't make you more informed then DN. For all you know, DN did investigate both sides of the story, and (aghast) still doesn't think Bush is a good president. So in closing, your post did everything you accused DN of, and yet you portray it as some sort of truth, while DN (multiple times) refers to his thoughts as his own opinion. If you don't agree with DN, tell us why/be specific; don't just make pompous sounding statements like "DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...."
We saved people from being tortured except for the ones we tortured although I will admit not on the same scale. The removal of a torturing dictator may be a benefit of invading Iraq but it certainly wasn't the reason we were told that we needed to invade Iraq. When we leave Iraq (at least a decade) it may be a better place, I'm not sure but will we have a better State?
true....you are 100% correct and i have nothing to say about that

British here, so I hope I can offer a worthwhile foreign view.I personally don't think Bush has been a great president. He is not a great orator and has not got the country united behind him. However, he has most probably done what he has thought best for his country, and has made several difficult decisions.The important thing for me is that the USA heals itself and doesn't continue as a divided nation. This world needs a strong America.As for the poster who visually compares Bush to Hitler, you really are letting your dislike for Bush cloud your judgement. Either that or you're ignorant...

As for the poster who visually compares Bush to Hitler, you really are letting your dislike for Bush cloud your judgement. Either that or you're ignorant...
dont shoot the messenger. All I did was google 'bush/hitler' and post the results for your viewing pleasuregoogle bush/hitler, bush/satan, bush/antichrist etc. I didnt create those images just passed on the sentiment of countless others bushsatanyf5.jpg
Personally, I have no idea who I'd support in the next election. I don't vote along party lines. I'm not a hater of Replicans, and I'm not apposed to the Democratic party either. I'm not blue, I'm not red.
So you're purple?
dont shoot the messenger. All I did was google 'bush/hitler' and post the results for your viewing pleasuregoogle bush/hitler, bush/satan, bush/antichrist etc. I didnt create those images just passed on the sentiment of countless others bushsatanyf5.jpg
I love the mentality of these protesters. Notice the sign on the right: US out of Puerto Rico.....hhmmmm, How would the people there survive without full access to our social benefits such as Medicare, Welfare, etc.Google Protest Warriors. They use to go to protest like these and carry funny signs like:Communism has only killed 400 million people, let's give it another chance.&Except for ending slavery, communism, fascism and nazism...WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING.I love their stuff.

Two things:First, I have a very good friend who is from Iran originally, his father was broker of multi-billion dollar intra-continential construction deals, a very wealthy man, prior to his oldest sons 13 birthday (the age in which Iranian children are forced to do a min 2 year stint in the aremed forces) he used his wealth and connections to leave his country via Britian and come to the US, he had only $10,000 remaining when he got here, they are now Americans and even celebrated Chistmes for the first time a couple of years ago. My friends father has sinced passed but his sacrifice may have just saved his sones lives.Second, I have a good family friend who is a cop and was the Driver for Bush on a couple of occasions while he was Govenor in Texas. What he has to say was that he was a "real" person and was not concerned about public polls and he was going to do what he though was right and moral at the time, and if he did not get re-elected so be it, he did what he could to help this country. This came from a few longh talks they had during long drives.I do not think W is the best or worst president we have ever had, he is proably not as good as his father was, he has made mistakes in his public handling of the war. But to say he hates "Muslim" and "Blacks" is just ignorant. I would like to point out that he had 2 high ranking "Blacks" in his cabinet. Powell and Rice, there may be more I am not sure about that. People also have to realize that the president doesn't have the utmost authority to go to war and to realive the hurricane victims. Congress overwhelmingly voted to go to war, he has generals in his war cabinet, along with the CIA, NSC, and the NSA and Homeland Security that give him information that he uses to determine strategy, if that info is incorrect, his decisions can look bad, i.e. WMD's. He is probably the worst public speaking president we have ever had, and follwoing one of the best speaking presidents makes it that much worse.And if anybody does not think that suddam did not at least have chemical weapons, you are just naive. He used them on his own people in the 80's. In fact right after we went into Iraq, there were three ships leaving the Persain gulf that were unnaccounted for and not found until much later. I personally believe that he had stuff on those ships and dumped them in the Indian Ocean. Just a theory and for the flamers I have no way of proving it.I do not begrudge DN for his comments, I do not agree with him, but people need to get their panties out of a knot, good political, economical and religious banter is healthy and can be fun. I am pretty much republican, and I have a very good friend who is not and we get into discussions all the time, nobody wins, but it can be a good release and sharing of ideas.

Two things:First, I have a very good friend who is from Iran originally, his father was broker of multi-billion dollar intra-continential construction deals, a very wealthy man, prior to his oldest sons 13 birthday (the age in which Iranian children are forced to do a min 2 year stint in the aremed forces) he used his wealth and connections to leave his country via Britian and come to the US, he had only $10,000 remaining when he got here, they are now Americans and even celebrated Chistmes for the first time a couple of years ago. My friends father has sinced passed but his sacrifice may have just saved his sones lives.Second, I have a good family friend who is a cop and was the Driver for Bush on a couple of occasions while he was Govenor in Texas. What he has to say was that he was a "real" person and was not concerned about public polls and he was going to do what he though was right and moral at the time, and if he did not get re-elected so be it, he did what he could to help this country. This came from a few longh talks they had during long drives.I do not think W is the best or worst president we have ever had, he is proably not as good as his father was, he has made mistakes in his public handling of the war. But to say he hates "Muslim" and "Blacks" is just ignorant. I would like to point out that he had 2 high ranking "Blacks" in his cabinet. Powell and Rice, there may be more I am not sure about that. People also have to realize that the president doesn't have the utmost authority to go to war and to realive the hurricane victims. Congress overwhelmingly voted to go to war, he has generals in his war cabinet, along with the CIA, NSC, and the NSA and Homeland Security that give him information that he uses to determine strategy, if that info is incorrect, his decisions can look bad, i.e. WMD's. He is probably the worst public speaking president we have ever had, and follwoing one of the best speaking presidents makes it that much worse.And if anybody does not think that suddam did not at least have chemical weapons, you are just naive. He used them on his own people in the 80's. In fact right after we went into Iraq, there were three ships leaving the Persain gulf that were unnaccounted for and not found until much later. I personally believe that he had stuff on those ships and dumped them in the Indian Ocean. Just a theory and for the flamers I have no way of proving it.I do not begrudge DN for his comments, I do not agree with him, but people need to get their panties out of a knot, good political, economical and religious banter is healthy and can be fun. I am pretty much republican, and I have a very good friend who is not and we get into discussions all the time, nobody wins, but it can be a good release and sharing of ideas.
El Guapo, you are wise and speak truth.

1. terrorists fly planes into the WTC2. terrorists identified within hours as Al Qaeda ops3. US bombs Afghanistan goes hunting for the big bad wolf Bin Laden4. US gives up on finding Bin Laden and dramatically reduces military presense in Afghanistan5. US invades .....Iraq ????kinda like losing your car keys in the garage and going to look for them in the kitchenHow many HUNDREDS of times did we hear the term 'weapons of mass destruction' crammed down our collective throats in the early months of 2002what did we find ?a bb gun , a slingshot and a whole lot of nothingThe Iraq invasion was predicated upon the 'WMD's. Lets face it...this war is one giant LIE. Even Colin Powell couldn't stomach working under this monkey and quietly resigned at the first opportunity.

1. terrorists fly planes into the WTC2. terrorists identified within hours as Al Qaeda ops3. US bombs Afghanistan goes hunting for the big bad wolf Bin Laden4. US gives up on finding Bin Laden and dramatically reduces military presense in Afghanistan5. US invades .....Iraq ????Even Colin Powell couldn't stomach working under this monkey and quietly resigned at the first opportunity.
How many troops did we pull out of Afganistan? And under who's recommendation. Read Gen. Tommy Franks book about how the war in Iraq was executed and learn some hard truths.Colin Powell is a puss. He couldn't get us rights to stage through Turkey cause Turkey don't deal with pusses. Turkey has some of the best fighters in the world, second to us and maybe the Brits. Because Powell failed, there was a very wide avenue for Al Quieda to sneak stuff in and out of Iraq. Thanks Powell, go write another book and pretend you got promoted because you were good and not black. Someone had to say it.

Ok I waited and I won't lose it. After reading DN's blog again I must say first I don't hate him.I do however feel his comments about our president are off base.President Bush has had a very tough time of it, and maybe he has not done everything perfect. What president has. President Clinton ? Ever see the movie black hawk down?I think President Bush has done what he feels is best for the citizens of this the greatest country in the world. While not always right would you have done any better? His is the hardest job in the free world. He will never make all of the people happy. All he can do is the best he can. I thank him for doing a job that not one of us could handle. ( if you think you could why don't you run for president.....good luck.)If it is not for us to help make the world a safer place than who will?Should we wait for the u.n. the cure the world problems?Maybe France will step up and save the world. lolNothing personal but I could care less who DN would support in 2008.I also don't care who Babs, Mr. Moore, or anyone else supports.Just because They can get face time on t.v., time on the radio, or a well read blog dose not give there veiws anymore power than my own.If people don't like the way things are do something about it. VOTE If you don't want to do that then I'm sure there is a plane leaving to France,China, Germany, Russia, or Canada....hop on board. I support my President for better of worse... left or right....red or blue.America love it or leave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLAME ON I DON'T CARE

El Guapo, you are wise and speak truth.
Thank You Baloon Guy. I have read some of your posts on hear over the past few months since I have been frequenting this site, and I usually agree with what you have to say.We live in difficult times, (btw, we have always lived in difficult times; depresion, cold war WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War) I think that statement is used too much. Anyway, this global war, that we are in is unprecidented. It is a war against idealism. In the past wars have been against single countires, or this group of countires vs. another group. We are waging a global war against a semi-organized gorup of individuals who span many countries and continents. USA is not the only country that has been affected, pretty much most of European nations have had some for of terrorism waged against them and the non-muslim countries in the midle east.They HATE us, they HATE Isreal, they HATE Britain, etc. They are willing to die for an idea, a religion, we are not, at least not in that fashion. I was talking to a buddy about this a couple years ago, and until we as a military (and the Cheif Exec) decide to use tactics against that go outside of conventional military, we cannot win. We need to attack their religious ideas, not because we are anti "muslim", far from it, we are anti militant "jihaidst" muslims who use that as a battle cry vs. us. They hit us where it hurts, our economy our transportation, because we are a nation, they are a multi nationalist group, we cannot just blow up a country, unless we blow up the entire middle east, and you all shouldn't rule that out in out lifetime. Even if we did that, these people that hate us aren't just persian anymore, they are black, white, asian, the pacific over the past 30 years has become more muslim than anything else, it is the worlds largest religion, and as long as we have the Bin Ladins of the world, twisting a peacful religion and preying weak minded men; who are not fighting for land or power, but to try and opress what the western world has built then we are going to keep fighting an uphill battle.I re-read this before I posted this and it almost sound like I am some anti muslim, christian fanatic. I am not, I am probably close to being an Agnostic and have nothing against one religion or another, except Mormons (they are just wierd :club: , I have a lot of Mormon friends, so don't get too ofended, their religion is just odd when you get into the inter working, anyway back on topic). It just happens that the people who threaten the existence of our country right now are Muslim extremest and we have to acknowledge that and not shy away from it. Once we acknowledge it and understand the mindset, then we can figure out ways to combat them.

A few other notes - as far as doing it for moral purposes the Kurds were gassed I think in the eighties,... when Saddam was an important ally of the US.Whenever anyone tries to tell me that the US intervenes in place XYZ for humanitarian reasons, I point out all the oppressive regimes PAST and PRESENT that the US has materially supported over the years.Humanitarian concerns are used for PR; the real reasons always come down to realpolitik.It was really naive to think that the US was going to blow the cover off Iraq and some sort of democracy was going to emerge. Plenty of people said so at the time, but Americans were whipped up in a militaristic fury and those voices fell largely on deaf ears.The current situation in Iraq was predictable. There will not be any stability there until the US forces leave. Don't you people get it? The US forces are the reasons why there is no stability.When, in 20 years, Iraq is an Islamic state (the most likely result), then I'd like to hear how this war, despite the tens of thousands of lives lost, was worth it.But by then there will undoubtedly be another dangerous dictator that the US must remove by force, and the Congress will fall in line like good little schoolboys and girls (just like they did 3 years ago) and this situation will repeat itself.

Shouldn't we have our best interests in mind when we go and intervene in other countries problems? If we don't our global policy turns into our welfare system, you get somehting for nothing, and we all know how well thats working out.I think Ballon guy mentioned in another Forum that we are the only country that when we go to war we do not try and take over that country in fact we help them out to rebuild afterwards. But maybe we should take over the country, and say they are now a state of the united states and you have full access to all of our resources and we have access to yours. Kind of like puerto rico but not an idividual country, another state. Then maybe people will stop f'ing with us!

ok these are just terrible and I find very offensive. Bush has not killed over 6 million peopleIm not even going to get into how i feel of these..
I agree, absolute drivel and propaganda... Rip are you going to post some scenes from Fahrenheit 911 next?
I agree, absolute drivel and propaganda... Rip are you going to post some scenes from Fahrenheit 911 next?
I can't beleive I read the entire thread and no one mentioned that it was in the wrong topic untill 56 messages deep!Is there still a draft in the U.S.?One of the toughest men I knew once said "I ain't got no quarrel with no Gook".Now, as racist as this sounds, I agreed with his point.What he meant was, "He didn't want to go to fight a war in Vietnam"He didn't go, and I doubt I would have either.He also went to jail as a result.I'm not a tough guy but, I think I would rather serve time in an American prison, than spend a week in, say... Lebanon, or Afghanistan.I'd beef up with best roids money could buy before I walked into that prison but, my odds in the Clink would still be better than my odds if I were hidding behind a rock in the Iranian Desert with a ****ing gun I didn't know how to use.I guess If I'm gonna try and "stay on point".....You can't disagree with Daniel's opinion even if it disgusts you or makes you angry.Theres only a few reasons that people fly planes into buildings. I am certian that one of those reasons is that you are clearly dealing with crazy ****ing people, who have a completely different belief system than ours.Crazy kids in the states rob stores or start dunkin fights.Crazy kids in Canada throw snowballs at cars driving by on the 401Crazy kids in the middle east shoot other kids with AK47s or strap T.N.T. to their bodies and blow themselves up in resturants.All these kids grow up.... and hopefully end up a little like yours truly, and they don't rob stores anymore or, they realize that disrupting traffic (although quite funny), can ultimately cause damage that would never be worth the consequences.Some of these kids grow up and they rob banks and other grow up to assult others on a regular basis.Some of the kids in Saudi Arabia grew up to find their calling in the cockpit of a camercial airjet 60 yards from the 80th floor of the South Tower.Crazy is crazy is crazy no matter where you are. Staring down the scope of a sniper rifle in a clock tower, still in your U.S. Postal worker's uniform or, beating your kid's Pee-Wee hockey coach to death, after practice.Unfortunatly, the craziest ****ers in the world are on Bush's oil.
God I hate this president...I have to stop writing now. Thinking about how great this country COULD be, and what it has become in the last 6 years saddens me beyond words...and quite frankly is a source for a lot of my personal depression. I'm losing faith in humanity lately, and its difficult to stay positive and upbeat when John Q Public gets sodomized on a daily basis.
Hahahah. Rippy you never fail to crack me up. Yes, America was so perfect up until Bush took over....The country is an oil tanker, not a speed boat. One president doesn't just flip the wheel around all of a sudden. You might not like the direction he steers, but the general direction of a country doesn't change just because one guy with (in the grand scheme of governments) limited overall power is in office for 5 years.Try looking at society sometime. Doofuses in government just mimic the people around us. Or just look at this forum The percentage of idiots with bad attitudes who waste 80% of their posts just flaming people keeps getting higher and higher. Not that I'm pointing fingers or anything....Mark

Wow and wow!! What a ride I've had!! It's been full of ups and downs to be sure, a rollercoaster of emotion, a tapestry of desire!! I am truly blessed to be where I've been in my life, and yet I can't help but feel a twinge of sadness too. For all I've gained, how much have I lost?? As I reflect on all of this, I turn my face upward and inward, my gaze fixated on the reflection my soul makes in the teardrops of the Creator of the Universe!! I cry, I mourn, but my tears turn to joy, and my joy to rapture, and my rapture to ecstacy!! There is enough joy for all of us in this wondrous world, I truly and honestly believe this!! A truth, how punctual, how remarkable!! My motto has always been: "Let your tears be real, and let what is real cry, but do not give in to all that seeks to destroy, a soul so pure and clean that even an angel averts his eyes to the glorious wonder of your being!!" I hope this will be your motto too!! Wonderful!!

20 years from now Bush will be seen as a very good president. You people who just blindly attack him need to do a little more thinking. I'm not going to argue or push my opinions on you...just think more and think for yourself.
QFT!!