***** Hand history (v1.2) *****Hand ID 61006216$2/$4 Texas Hold'em (Split Limit) - 17:21:23 25/09/2006 ETTable 'Calling Station', 10 seats max, Real moneySeat 5 is the button. Small Blind $1, Big Blind $2Note: seat IDs range from 0 to 9Seat 0 (playing) : Player 0, amount $140.75, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 1 (playing) : thecorp3, amount $60.25, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 2 (playing) : Player 2, amount $196.75, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 3 (playing) : Player 3, amount $115.75, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 4 (playing) : Player 4, amount $48, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 5 (playing) : Player 5, amount $372.25, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 6 (playing) : Player 6, amount $99.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 7 (playing) : Player 7, amount $204.50, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 8 (playing) : Player 8, amount $101, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Seat 9 (playing) : Player 9, amount $122.13, amount bet $0, penalty (None)Player 6: Small Blind ($1)Player 7: Big Blind ($2)** Dealing Down Cards **Dealt to thecorp3: [Qs, Qh]Player 8: FoldPlayer 9: Raise ($4)Player 0: Foldthecorp3: Raise ($6)Player 2: FoldPlayer 3: FoldPlayer 4: FoldPlayer 5: FoldPlayer 6: FoldPlayer 7: FoldPlayer 9: Call ($2)** Dealing Flop **Community cards: [Ts, 2d, 5s]Player 9: Check ($0)thecorp3: Bet ($2)Player 9: Call ($2)** Dealing Turn **Community cards: [4s]Player 9: Check ($0)thecorp3: Bet ($4)Player 9: Raise ($8)thecorp3: Call ($4)** Dealing River **Community cards: [8c]Player 9: Check ($0)When he check raised me on the turn, I put him on a flush. I acutally put him on a flushdraw win an A. Like AJs or AQs, A10s. But then he checked to me on the river? I wasn't sure if it was a donkey play with 88, he made a set and looked to c/r or if he missed a draw with one naked A of spades. Or if he hit 2 pair, I don't know. What would you guys do?

You have so much money in here, you have to just call.I know it sux and your thinking for sure your behind. But my coach told me, always call it when its heads up. You can call that 4 bucks 10x and hit once and your still even. So if you hit 2x when someoen was trying to steal it your up.

You have so much money in here, you have to just call.I know it sux and your thinking for sure your behind. But my coach told me, always call it when its heads up. You can call that 4 bucks 10x and hit once and your still even. So if you hit 2x when someoen was trying to steal it your up.
? G-Money, he checked to me on the river.

uggh...sorry.Thats what I get for trying to multi and read these at the same time.If thats the case I check. No need to let someone c/r you when you can get away from it right now for free if your behind.Some may consider it a weak play, but to me its about minimizing losses. Your at a site thats paying you to play. Save the 4 bucks, if your the winner great, but that 4 bucks is a half hour of play at that level.I say check it and see what they have. Could easily be a number of things, especially at this site, and this level.sorry for not reading it correctly the first time.

uggh...sorry.Thats what I get for trying to multi and read these at the same time.If thats the case I check. No need to let someone c/r you when you can get away from it right now for free if your behind.Some may consider it a weak play, but to me its about minimizing losses. Your at a site thats paying you to play. Save the 4 bucks, if your the winner great, but that 4 bucks is a half hour of play at that level.I say check it and see what they have. Could easily be a number of things, especially at this site, and this level.sorry for not reading it correctly the first time.
No problem G dubs. Thank you for the input. But, maximizing wins is like minimizing loses. You gotta try to do both, so that's why I was wondering if it was worth a river bet. In your example you say don't bet and risk losing a half hour of work because the site is paying me to play, (so to speak) but what if you can bet and get an EXTRA $4, then you earned an extra half hour. I guess you just have to look at it both ways, that's why I am trying to maximize my wins, because I really need to right now. Every bet counts.

BETAgainst the vast majority of opponents, a river value bet will be profitable.Only with a specific read should you passively check this river.Read:--> You have shown yourself to be very aggressive and willing to bet passive streets all day.--> Opponent has shown himself to be tricky and try silly plays like the cool "double check raise".Without these reads, most players are not going to go for a 2nd check raise with a hand that beats you.Even if you are behind here (A3), I think Villain will sometimes only passively call behind. So you aren't risking too much.--CM

• 5 weeks later...

Check. There's no value in betting this river card. You were raised on the 3rd flush card turn, if you bet this situation, there is no hand he's going to call you down with or raise with unless you're beat. It's -EV to bet that river, unless you're hoping for a fold and you can get away with not showing your hand and how you played it.

No problem G dubs. Thank you for the input. But, maximizing wins is like minimizing loses. You gotta try to do both, so that's why I was wondering if it was worth a river bet. In your example you say don't bet and risk losing a half hour of work because the site is paying me to play, (so to speak) but what if you can bet and get an EXTRA $4, then you earned an extra half hour. I guess you just have to look at it both ways, that's why I am trying to maximize my wins, because I really need to right now. Every bet counts.
Bet this one and just hope you don't get raised. If you do you're very likely beat and have to call, but if he just calls your river bet, you're probably raking in a nice pot.
he was talking to himself?
Check. There's no value in betting this river card. You were raised on the 3rd flush card turn, if you bet this situation, there is no hand he's going to call you down with or raise with unless you're beat. It's -EV to bet that river
Nonsense.Villains will call you down all the time with hands that you still beat.All the time.--CM