Announcing The New Negreanu Open Mixed League Tournament

2nd... Why no tourny on the 26th? Holidays are when I have the most free time! Please reconsider.
Again no way to please everyone with this one, but MOST people are with families, sometimes traveling, etc etc during this time. Also we have 6 different games to be played and 12 weeks made it work out even to two tournaments per game.
1st... As always, I big thank you to DNA... you're awesome.
Big props to Bob on this one too as he is doing alot of the logistical backend stuff like setting up the tournaments with ongame, issuing points etc.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O8 is played limit in tournament format pretty much everywhere. The WSOP O8 is limit, not PL. PL is sort of a bastardization of the game for online players who need more action. That's not to say I don't like playing any kind of O8, and the added challenge of controlling pot size is added, just an FYI really.

I saw it and am impressed with your newfound restraint
whats funnier was I went back in to edit it, and saw our boy in the thread. I hope he didn't think I didnt deleted b/c of him, but just because I didn't like the joke, and it's probably played out. And I like him.Carry on with the boreaphyll

Where is Limit Hold'em? Where is Stud Hi/Lo?This ain't mixed until you mix those two in...*Edit*Ok I'm gonna try to give some intelligent feedback instead.This strives to be a mixed format league. The problem is that right now the emphasis is on No limit and Pot limit which only constitutes 2/3 of the available formats.Allthough PL hold'em and NL hold'em isn't fully overlapping they have a lot in common skillvise compared to limit hold'em. Furthermore this is the Negreanu Mixed format league, and I can't see why Daniels own favourite game, Stud Hi/Lo, isn't thrown in. If this is an Ongame issue it sure must be very simple to fix. I've even recently got in touch Ongame personally, maybe I could pull some strings?And about the crapshoot that you consider limit to be in the later stages. IMHO NL tournaments are equal crapshoot contests in the end so the point isn't valid. The blinds get high in both games.My suggestion would be:Omaha Hi/Lo (limit of course)StudStud Hi/Lo (with a fix from Ongame)PL OmahaNL Hold'em (since there allready is a NegO league with NL this could and should switch to PL)Hold'emThat's just my opinion.

:club: Am I correct in assuming that each week's tournament is also a separate entity? In other words, a person could just play ocassionally and be eligible for the prizes that week without having to committ to playing every week?
:club: Am I correct in assuming that each week's tournament is also a separate entity? In other words, a person could just play ocassionally and be eligible for the prizes that week without having to committ to playing every week?
You are correct, you can play some weeks and not others and still get the bonuses for that week.
You are correct, you can play some weeks and not others and still get the bonuses for that week.
I know this has been brought up before (by me) but what are the chances that FCP/OnGame will expand the game selection? I'd love to play 2-7 TD (which is available on Ultimate Bet) or Badugi (Doyle's Room), but I'm not too confident that OnGame will ever change. Is there any update on that front???
I know this has been brought up before (by me) but what are the chances that FCP/OnGame will expand the game selection? I'd love to play 2-7 TD (which is available on Ultimate Bet) or Badugi (Doyle's Room), but I'm not too confident that OnGame will ever change. Is there any update on that front???
I don't have any word on new games being added.At the moment the developers at On Game are spending their time and resources on beefing up the reliability and system stability before adding features.
I've got half a foot inside their organization. If I start working for them, I sure will try my best to add some more games, mainly all the HORSE games.

This looks cool. I will likely donate when and if I get the opportunity.

I would actually deposit in FCP and play these, but Tuesday is my dart night. Great idea and after the 1st of the year, if the open continues, count me in!!!

Where is Limit Hold'em? Where is Stud Hi/Lo?This ain't mixed until you mix those two in...*Edit*Ok I'm gonna try to give some intelligent feedback instead.This strives to be a mixed format league. The problem is that right now the emphasis is on No limit and Pot limit which only constitutes 2/3 of the available formats.Allthough PL hold'em and NL hold'em isn't fully overlapping they have a lot in common skillvise compared to limit hold'em. Furthermore this is the Negreanu Mixed format league, and I can't see why Daniels own favourite game, Stud Hi/Lo, isn't thrown in. If this is an Ongame issue it sure must be very simple to fix. I've even recently got in touch Ongame personally, maybe I could pull some strings?And about the crapshoot that you consider limit to be in the later stages. IMHO NL tournaments are equal crapshoot contests in the end so the point isn't valid. The blinds get high in both games.My suggestion would be:Omaha Hi/Lo (limit of course)StudStud Hi/Lo (with a fix from Ongame)PL OmahaNL Hold'em (since there allready is a NegO league with NL this could and should switch to PL)Hold'emThat's just my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Again this is the first quarter trial run and we will take a look and see how it went. Stud 8 is just simply out of our control and LHE is certainly an option.
Is this on Party Poker or Pokerstars? I hope Pokerstars. I am better there.
I'm tempted to just tell you to wait in the Bodog lobby until you see us.... but this might actually be a serious question... so the answer is, the games are playing on the site that you are on right now.... Full Contact Poker.

After seeing the results of the O8 poll it was fairly even with a slight favor going to Limit O8 so I have made a compromise and made the first O8 game limit and the 2nd one PL. The championship SnG for the top 9 which was originally going to be played as PL O8 is now Limit Omaha 8. Hope this makes the majority of the people happy, but I realize its not going to please everyone.Again this is my first run at this and I am always open to listening to more feedback and suggestions for the 2007 season. Hope everyone has fun