I'm not trying to defend the guy you were responding to, but that has been widely reported and pretty much accepted as fact.You can find the info with links to sources at the following linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad
yes, widely reported, but where's the speech where he says this?where are the specific quotes? i follow this stuff pretty closely, and have yet to come across ANY quote by him that states what is 'widely reported'.
Wow........just Wow.Way to go Kid POker, i hope you see who your staunch supporters are. This guy here who wont even accept comments attributed to the Iranian president because its western media reporting it. BTW, i am working on the source. Also, i think i will have some conclusive proof soon about Gravity and Air........i agree with you, they are clearly made up to hold us down by the western media.Do us all a favor, please go move to Iran and live in that utopian society so you can get away from the lies of the west.42
i feel sorry for u that u cannot think and use your brain, u have to be told what to think, and with no proof.
I love it when canadians and brits try to make the case that our media (cnn, abc, nbc, cbs, fox, msnbc, cnbc, headline news, bloomberg, etc. not counting the fish wrap media) is monolithic and one minded, controlled by the neo-cons and by the government. And they have what?...the BBC. Which incidentally is state owned. And by the way the media isn't exactly kind to Bush.
it is basically the general western media bias..i made it sound like specifically american news, but i find most western media outlets biased.
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to have a discussion, folks.There's nothing like abusing people who disagree with you. I feel sorry for Daniel. I mean, imagine if you guys said this to him in a bar over a few beers. If I were him, I'd karate kick you to the throat.I mean, it's not the end of the world (yet), it's just a political discussion. I can't believe people get so upset about this. I mean, I know you guys are so patriotic and all, but jeez. Taking it a bit too far, me thinks.

I think this thread needs a Beans story ASAP.
I'll actually post something serious... (sorry, I'll get back to regularly scheduled one-liners in a moment)I have no major issues with Bush because....1) Much higher education standards and more frequent testing to evaluate progress. He was working on this plan when the a**holes attacked us, and would have been even better if not for the distraction. It still is a hellava improvement over the last administration.2) Tax cuts. No further comment needed.3) Security. How many more attacks have happened?4) Balls. So what if he lied about the WMD??? He HAD to. It was the only way that he could wipe out the terrorists and make sure 911 never happens again. Who do you think we are fighting over there anyway? The leftovers running around over there with pipe-bombs and ex-Soviet AKs are the ones that will re-group and just get stronger. It wasnt just about Saddam. If he had just wanted him dead, you are a fool to think that he couldnt send in a team and assassinate the tyrant on demand. The entire "government" of Iraq was corrupt and tied in with the terrorists, thus they had to go as well. He didnt avoid the problem like Clinton after the first WTC bombing.5) He's sticking with his plan. If he cared about approval ratings and such, dont you think he would have pulled the troops back a long time ago and left the problem with the next administration? He's risking being called the worst president in history (by people like DN) if this whole Iraq/Iran/Korea/terrorist thing isnt solved or at least suppressed by the end of his term.I could go on but I just would add more fuel to the flames. I'm not sayin that the guy is the greatest. Not by a long shot. But he's the guy in charge.... The "boss" of the USA so to speakAnd what do you do when you hate your boss? You more than likely leave your position and find a better place to work.Feel free to jump on a plane and find a better country to live in if you want.... good luck with that. I'll be sleeping well knowing a suicide bomber wont be down at the local 7-11 in the morning when I get coffee.Its kinda the reason were fighting over there right now.oh....BCC=6.5
3) Security. How many more attacks have happened?I have a problem with this argument...it seems like a logical fallacy...I mean, no attacks happened before 9/11, so therefore the security then was top-notch as well?4) Balls. So what if he lied about the WMD??? He HAD to. It was the only way that he could wipe out the terrorists and make sure 911 never happens again. Who do you think we are fighting over there anyway? The leftovers running around over there with pipe-bombs and ex-Soviet AKs are the ones that will re-group and just get stronger.
While I agree that this is the probably the intended target in Iraq, there are numerous civilians being murdered every day. I hate to think of my little sister being shot by accident while lying in bed, soundly asleep.Cheers,LK
Radical Muslims are a danger to our society, so are radical Christians, so are radical Jews, so are radical Bhuddists. Just because the subject of my commentary was Muslim doesn't make me racist.Deal.
First off because you believe radical muslims are radical muslims etc etc how does justify attacking a country because it is muslim? How does this logic enter your mind? The U.S. is filled with radical christians so does this give Iran the right to attack the U.S.? I simply don't understand your logic. It is simplified and very poorly thought out. Remove the american flag dangling in front of your face and try to look at things from an unbiased perspective if you can. If Iran wants to have nuclear capability who is the U.S. to say no and to threaten war? The U.S. is not the world police and need I remind you the U.S. is the ONLY country and I repeat the 1 and only country that has used "the bomb". Not only once but twice! Twice people!! Your facking country has dropped that bomb twice!!! Even after seeing the devastating effects it had on those poor people. Ohh before you come back and tell me they had too.. everyone already agrees the war was basically already over so please don't bring that argument to the table.Lastly and mostly because this topic and what Daniel said isn't bad ( you know freedom of speech only works both ways right??) is concerning the dumbass wishing to be thanked for donating money to other countries.. Here is a fact for you you ignorant americans out there as far as GDP goes the percentage GDP that the U.S. donates is the lowest of the major contributing countries. Yes even your newly hated enemy Canada donates more than you and at that quite a bit more. Here's the fact sheet for you before you contradict it!http://www.j8summit.com/country_information_ordered_by_aid_percent_of_gdp/Can't you people even remember Vietnam? It wasn't that long ago!!!
First off because you believe radical muslims are radical muslims etc etc how does justify attacking a country because it is muslim? How does this logic enter your mind? The U.S. is filled with radical christians so does this give Iran the right to attack the U.S.? I simply don't understand your logic. It is simplified and very poorly thought out. Remove the american flag dangling in front of your face and try to look at things from an unbiased perspective if you can. If Iran wants to have nuclear capability who is the U.S. to say no and to threaten war? The U.S. is not the world police and need I remind you the U.S. is the ONLY country and I repeat the 1 and only country that has used "the bomb". Not only once but twice! Twice people!! Your facking country has dropped that bomb twice!!! Even after seeing the devastating effects it had on those poor people. Ohh before you come back and tell me they had too.. everyone already agrees the war was basically already over so please don't bring that argument to the table.Lastly and mostly because this topic and what Daniel said isn't bad ( you know freedom of speech only works both ways right??) is concerning the dumbass wishing to be thanked for donating money to other countries.. Here is a fact for you you ignorant americans out there as far as GDP goes the percentage GDP that the U.S. donates is the lowest of the major contributing countries. Yes even your newly hated enemy Canada donates more than you and at that quite a bit more. Here's the fact sheet for you before you contradict it!http://www.j8summit.com/country_information_ordered_by_aid_percent_of_gdp/Can't you people even remember Vietnam? It wasn't that long ago!!!
Yes, you are correct, you don't understand simple logic.Frankly, you don't seem to know any facts about the Iraq war. Maybe you can enlighten us as to who attacked a Country just because it is Muslim? And while you're at it, maybe you can explain why allowing a Country (who has openly suggested that Israel should be destroyed) to have nuclear capabilities is a good thing? Or, how about explaining why any radical Country should be allowed to have nuclear capabilities is a good thing?Ignorance is bliss!
yes, widely reported, but where's the speech where he says this?where are the specific quotes? i follow this stuff pretty closely, and have yet to come across ANY quote by him that states what is 'widely reported'.
Well did you actually look at the link I sent you. The Wikipedia gives specific quotes with references to reputable sources. What are your exact problems with the link I posted?I guess you want the audio of the actual speech/interview. While I'm sure its out there somewhere, multiple reputable new organizations (including the internet) reporting the same quotes is enough. If the quotes were false, someone wouldve reported it by now.
some political comments42
Completely OT, but you do realise the Ultimate question is actually "What is 9x6?"Actually in full it's "What do you get if you multiply six by nine"If you got that wrong, you can't actually expect to have anyone take you seriously now can you?
I have a problem with this argument...it seems like a logical fallacy...I mean, no attacks happened before 9/11, so therefore the security then was top-notch as well?
LOL.Are you sure about that sport?
Kid Poker,The point that you seem to be missing, is that people dont care about you being anti-bush. Hate bush as much as you want. But when you make supportive comments about the Iranian President, and thats what you did when you say he made good points.......you showed support for some of his points, you naturally lend credibility to his other statements. Did you make a disclaimer in your first blog that though he is a raving genocidal anti-semite who you hate you were shocked to see how he carried himself? No, you talked about how friendly he was, how his points were good, and you urged other people to watch. Please explain to me how that isnt an implicit endorsement of the man? You never wrote anything about him being a nut or genocidal untill people called you out on what you wrote. You didnt write anything about hating what he stood for..........you only wrote words that supported him. Its astounding to me that you cant see that.I dont know your background, what you think about the holocaust, isreal, jews, etc. I think, however, that if you had any personal connection to anything germain to the dangers represented by Ahmadinejad you would not be so glib to use him as a tool in your anti-bush rhetoric. It is quite possible to hate bush without using a genocidal anti-semite religous zealot as a "chip" in your anti-bush "bet" to use your inane poker analogies to this situation.Stop being defensive, grow up and own up to what you wrote. Think of other people, and why everyone on your forum, who are naturally here because they initially liked you, is attacking you for this. 42
Ding, ding, ding..Winner!
from all i've read and heard (including actually hearing the guy speak) the iranian leader seems quite intelligent and speaks from the heart.
Wow. Hitler spoke from the heart.. so did/do Somalian warlords..and David Koresh..and so on, so on. Not calling this guy out onto the carpet for what he is--a genocidal, maniacal, jew-hating, leader of a terrorist nation and a safe harbor for those that would do non-Muslims harm--is irresponsible and idiotic.
Completely OT, but you do realise the Ultimate question is actually "What is 9x6?"Actually in full it's "What do you get if you multiply six by nine"If you got that wrong, you can't actually expect to have anyone take you seriously now can you?
Nice!!! You are acutally the second person to realize that i got it wrong. I couldnt use the full version, wouldnt fit as a poker name. But well done42
LOL.Are you sure about that sport?
Interesting how you focused on the one segment of my response that you could punch holes in, lol.I should have included WTC '93 and OK City, my mistake.My initial argument still stands - the absence of something does not prove something else.Alf - since you seem to actually have a grasp of reality(something that seems to be seriously lacking in this thread), what did you make of the WTC '93 reports detailing the FBI's involvement in providing the bomb-making materials?Cheers,LK
Interesting how you focused on the one segment of my response that you could punch holes in, lol.I should have included WTC '93 and OK City, my mistake.My initial argument still stands - the absence of something does not prove something else.
But isn't that technically the argument you're making? You're saying the absence of proof that our methods aren't keeping away attacks "proves" that they aren't, right?
But isn't that technically the argument you're making? You're saying the absence of proof that our methods aren't keeping away attacks "proves" that they aren't, right?
The thing people don't understand is that, when the media talks about more and more radical muslims going to fight Americans in Iraq, I think that's actually a good thing, provided you accept that radical Muslims *have** to exist in the first place. That way, Ahmed Nutjob Mohommed and his ilk are busy taking cover under heavy fire from a Marine Unit instead struggling with two overweight accountants for control of an airliner that they intend to fly into the Sears Tower. The war may not be a brilliant strategy, and it actually may be that it is being fought in the wrong place, but its impact is indisputable: it's collected a loosely confederated alliance of non-nationalized lunatics concentrated in one place: where they are busy fighting against our military instead of attacking civilian targets. Again, provided they *must* exist, this is exactly where I want them.It's not a *perfect* world. So all we really have are imperfect solutions. You do what you can.

Everyone relax!A day will come when ALL OF US will stop supporting Bush and his cronies. Even the current Bush supporters--even Balloon Guy. Bush will become an embarrassment to everyone.We will all agree.Trust me. It will happen.

Everyone relax!A day will come when ALL OF US will stop hating Bush and his cronies. Even the current Clinton supporters. Bush will become a Hero to everyone.We will all agree.Trust me. It will happen.
FYPAnd I agree 100% that you need to quit sniffing glue
Not at all. I was merely pointing out the logical holes in the argument presented without actually positing one of my own.I am not in possesion of enough information to quantify whether or not the US is "more safe" after the attacks of 9/11.However, the recently declassified National Intelligence Estimate on the situation in Iraq has lead me to believe that US military intervention has caused an upswing in popular support on the ground for terrorist/insurgent activity in the area.Cheers,LK
Not at all. I was merely pointing out the logical holes in the argument presented without actually positing one of my own.I am not in possesion of enough information to quantify whether or not the US is "more safe" after the attacks of 9/11.However, the recently declassified National Intelligence Estimate on the situation in Iraq has lead me to believe that US military intervention has caused an upswing in popular support on the ground for terrorist/insurgent activity in the area.Cheers,LK
So we went from: "Willing to blow themselves up in order to kill as many infidels as possible."To what level???? Magenta?I guess it's our own fault for not being content with just being randomly blown up at work. :club:
FYPAnd I agree 100% that you need to quit sniffing glue
Rewriting history and ad hominem attacks—what a surprise!
are you implying the US' economy is not in the crapper? this isn't really the thread for it, but if that was your implication, then you are sorely mistaken.
LOL... unemployment is at an all time low and the stock market is at an all time high (Higher than ANY point during the Clinton administration).... but ok, I guess I hope the economy stays in the 'crapper' then.
So we went from: "Willing to blow themselves up in order to kill as many infidels as possible."To what level???? Magenta?I guess it's our own fault for not being content with just being randomly blown up at work. :club:
Hmmm...it's hard to respond to these statements. Emotional responses usually are. I do however, appreciate your passion.As poker players, we are tasked to look upon every situation objectively. In this light - I find it difficult to believe that terrorists who managed to hijack 4 separate aircraft and create havoc, chaos and death in such an efficient manner would leave behind a legacy of simpletons lining up to be shot by U.S. forces in Iraq.Casualties in Iraq are the same as if the war was being led on our city streets. Along with the admittedly psychotic and murderous insurgents/terrorists(who should be killed, and FAST), we have babies, children, woman, men being slaughtered...who have absolutely nothing to do with the declared "conflict".I will make an assumption, as I truly believe that everyone I have seen speaking on this forum is a good and true person. I believe that none of us want ANYONE to be killed without just cause and due process.Cheers,LK
Rewriting history and ad hominem attacks—what a surprise!
Nice hand, disagree, but very nice jab there buddy.
Hmmm...it's hard to respond to these statements. Emotional responses usually are. I do however, appreciate your passion.As poker players, we are tasked to look upon every situation objectively. In this light - I find it difficult to believe that terrorists who managed to hijack 4 separate aircraft and create havoc, chaos and death in such an efficient manner would leave behind a legacy of simpletons lining up to be shot by U.S. forces in Iraq.Casualties in Iraq are the same as if the war was being led on our city streets. Along with the admittedly psychotic and murderous insurgents/terrorists(who should be killed, and FAST), we have babies, children, woman, men being slaughtered...who have absolutely nothing to do with the declared "conflict".I will make an assumption, as I truly believe that everyone I have seen speaking on this forum is a good and true person. I believe that none of us want ANYONE to be killed without just cause and due process.Cheers,LK
The reason we have as many soldiers dying in Iraq is because of our efforts to reduce civilian casualties. That's what makes us so great. When we get sniped from a Mosque, we could level it and guarentee the death of the bad guy, but we decided to try and keep the destruction down and 'show' the Iraqies that we want to be friends. Sitting outside Falugah we could have ordered an air strike and the biggest threat our soldiers would have faced would have been tripping on the rubble, but instead we sent our guys in to fight door to door, the worst type of fighting.I agrree that both sides in America are fundenmentally desiring for there to be peace all the time. But sitting home hoping they don't attack us again isn't an option in my book.Nice post
LOL... unemployment is at an all time low and the stock market is at an all time high (Higher than ANY point during the Clinton administration).... but ok, I guess I hope the economy stays in the 'crapper' then.
no offense, but those are really just things reported by the newspapers because they're easy to understand but mean almost nothing.