Least we forget, our country has not been attacked in 5 years. Who would have predicted that on 9/12/01? My son has spent two years of his life in Iraq fighting for dumb shits like DN to support the Iranian President. Go back to Canada. I used to admire you DN but NO MORE. You slam someone because they don't sound elequent in their speaking and in debates, however evil can come onto an American TV program and sound intellegent but with hate and evil in their heart wanting to kill us and you support him. How dare you! If more people would have united and supported our President during this war my son and many other sons and daughters would have been home by now. Your vile support of the Iranian Leader and others like him are what hurts my son and puts him in harms way. I can't even begin to tell you how much I despise you now. Everytime I see you in a poker tournament I will route for your downfall. Tony Blair, elequent speaker...leaving office. People who think like you have cost us an important supporter. What do you think Iran is doing with the uriaum they are making, self defense or possibly to blow us up? Bill Clinton, elequent speaker...let Bin Laden get away. Too busy with his own problems to care about what was really going on in the world. First Twin Tower bombing, the USS Cole, Mogadesu....1996 when war was declared on the US by Bin Laden. No American Response. Perhaps had he taken action like Bush has 9/11 would not have happened. Talk is cheap.Plus, Iranian President = Hostages in 1979. Pictures show he was directly involved with the hostages. This guy spoke right from the Democratic talking points. Listen to the interview again. I can't believe that you DN can be so ignorant to think that if someone sounds great they are great. I can tell you this Mr. DN, you have lost the support of our military once they read your post! And let me tell you, their are a lot of poker players in the military.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill-informed? probably. simple-minded? doubtfully. since you're a god of intellect, maybe you could help us simple-minded folk out.No, I am not a god of intellect, but I will try to help you out a bit.First, you should travel around the world and live in different cultures - so that you can get a sense of how other people think and what concerns they have with what is going on in the world. Don't talk "at" them; listen to them and try to understand.Second, think about the political comments TV "pundits" make and try to pick apart the inconsistencies. If you lean to the right, pick apart the hypocracies of the right; if you lean left, do the same with left leaning commentators.By practicing this, you will slowly peel back the layers of propaganda that have covered you since you were a kid.Third, get news from as many different, and especially non-American, sources as possible. When I watch CNN (which is supposedly left-leaning and liberal) I'm shocked by the overtly pro-US stance most of its employes take on almost every international political issue. Watch the BBC or the CBC or, if you understand other languages, those news and current affairs programs.Online you can get reports written in English from every corner of the globe, often from independent correspondents.That should be enough of a start.

US media is gov't controlled and the BS that is fed through CNN and Fox News is just ridiculous. From the top, they are told how to broadcast information and in what way. Your view is not even your view, it's their view. I'm not saying that I am all for Iran. I'm not ... but what right does the US have to police the world and invade other countries ? Iran is trying to accumulate nuclear weapons to keep the US out of their country. The US's plan was to go after Iran next. Bush Sr ( who really runs that country and has for years ) and his big bad Bilderberg group are trying to control every country and have them under their power. That is their ultimate goal. I just watch CNN and laugh about the news and how they put so much crap in people's minds. Like watching this war in Iraq and "insurgents and terrorists are killing US soldiers". I"m not saying that's right or that I want that to happen because that's awful, but if Iraq came to my country, took it over and took control of all our resources, and then I had to hear about them raping and killing my fellow country people, I'm sorry but I would take up arms as well. For those who have open minds go to fromthewilderness.com and buy "Truth and Lies of 911" it's got some great information that you won't hear about in the US media because of their control over what is broadcast and what is not. It's a report from a former LAPD police officer who stumbled upon a CIA drug ring, wouldn't join it and tried to expose it and was forced out of his job and has had his life made a living hell over the past 25 years. Watch it if you want to see how the REAL world is working. Bush Sr is one of the most evil people in the world, much more than the Iranian president. Knowing the truth about him makes you feel sick to your stomach about how he has been running this country for so long. http://www.fromthewilderness.com/store/videos.shtml for truth and lies of 911 ... best 25 dollars you will EVER spend and I dare someone to watch it and judge otherwise.

US media is gov't controlled and the BS that is fed through CNN and Fox News is just ridiculous. From the top, they are told how to broadcast information and in what way. Your view is not even your view, it's their view. I'm not saying that I am all for Iran. I'm not ... but what right does the US have to police the world and invade other countries ? Iran is trying to accumulate nuclear weapons to keep the US out of their country. The US's plan was to go after Iran next. Bush Sr ( who really runs that country and has for years ) and his big bad Bilderberg group are trying to control every country and have them under their power. That is their ultimate goal. I just watch CNN and laugh about the news and how they put so much crap in people's minds. Like watching this war in Iraq and "insurgents and terrorists are killing US soldiers". I"m not saying that's right or that I want that to happen because that's awful, but if Iraq came to my country, took it over and took control of all our resources, and then I had to hear about them raping and killing my fellow country people, I'm sorry but I would take up arms as well. For those who have open minds go to fromthewilderness.com and buy "Truth and Lies of 911" it's got some great information that you won't hear about in the US media because of their control over what is broadcast and what is not. It's a report from a former LAPD police officer who stumbled upon a CIA drug ring, wouldn't join it and tried to expose it and was forced out of his job and has had his life made a living hell over the past 25 years. Watch it if you want to see how the REAL world is working.
This post, for those that take the time to read it, is genuinely funny.

I'm Iranian and Daniel, Ahmadinejad isn't liked in Iran very much at all. Majority of Iranians don't support the government, and they sure don't like Ahmadinejad. He was "elected" for giving promises to help lower class Iranians which he has done nothing of. He's a simpleton, plain and simple. He really isn't that intelligent. This nutcase knows how to speak eloquently and deceive the public (as can be seen with certain threads praising his speech on this board) and that's truly dangerous. With raving lunatics, no one takes them seriously. With intelligent, well-spoken men, the general public often buys into the vitriol they spew.He's pandering to a western audience... I watch Iranian state run television via Farsi sites and the things he says are unheard of by a state leader (Islam will conquer the west after the Messiah Mahdi returns, martyrdom is beautiful, etc)....There is a reason why the regime isn't popular in Iran... they're insane...He ran as a fake, as a populist, because in Iran you can't win if you're a religious nut... the population is largely secular...Read the last Time and Newsweek magazines.... Iranians are PISSED at him and Hezbollah... He ran as a populist, but he's losing the poor which means his approval ratings have slipped under 40%.... By some estimates, he's under 30%.... Unfortunately, the only polls conducted on Iranians are from outside entities via telephones.... Ahmadinejad's numbers are higher than the regime a a whole because he ran on a platform of non-corruption and as a populist to help out the poor...What's happened since?His brother, who Ahmadinejad contraversially appointed the head of regime ethics for monetary means, is being investigated for a massive embezzlement operation and the economoy has grown substantially worse since he took office... Ahmadinejad's economic advisers claim he takes NONE of their advice seriously...Zogby did a poll over the summer that found that the economy, by a wide margin, is the #1 issue facing Iranians over nuclear weapons... unemployment has dipped over 20%, which is very high for Iranian standards...If you think Iranians like him you really need to study the issue...

I personally believe (just an opinion) that Bush hates Muslims. Then again, I don't think he cares much about black people either.Are you Serious DN?? This statement in your "clerifing" blog shows your true stupidity! Do you know the man? Where do you form your opinions? Oh, from the newspapers? He only liberated Muslims that were being raped, murdered and tourted by an evil dictator that would like to see us all dead. He was the first president to have black people in his cabinet of importance. WHAT THE HELL have the democrates really done for the black people? Kept them in poverty. Mayor Nagan sure as HELL didn't look out for them when the leevies broke. School buses sitting empty and flooded that could and should have been used to evacuate the poor of New Orleans. Instead he got his drifty *** out of the city. No wonder your poker playing has gone into the toliet, your ability to read the "BLUFF" isn't very good. Thank God for our leaders and our military who fight for your right to say stupid things. Like I said...Please Go Back to Canada!

Excellent post.

Least we forget, our country has not been attacked in 5 years. Who would have predicted that on 9/12/01? My son has spent two years of his life in Iraq fighting for dumb shits like DN to support the Iranian President. Go back to Canada. I used to admire you DN but NO MORE. You slam someone because they don't sound elequent in their speaking and in debates, however evil can come onto an American TV program and sound intellegent but with hate and evil in their heart wanting to kill us and you support him. How dare you! If more people would have united and supported our President during this war my son and many other sons and daughters would have been home by now. Your vile support of the Iranian Leader and others like him are what hurts my son and puts him in harms way. I can't even begin to tell you how much I despise you now. Everytime I see you in a poker tournament I will route for your downfall. Tony Blair, elequent speaker...leaving office. People who think like you have cost us an important supporter. What do you think Iran is doing with the uriaum they are making, self defense or possibly to blow us up? Bill Clinton, elequent speaker...let Bin Laden get away. Too busy with his own problems to care about what was really going on in the world. First Twin Tower bombing, the USS Cole, Mogadesu....1996 when war was declared on the US by Bin Laden. No American Response. Perhaps had he taken action like Bush has 9/11 would not have happened. Talk is cheap.Plus, Iranian President = Hostages in 1979. Pictures show he was directly involved with the hostages. This guy spoke right from the Democratic talking points. Listen to the interview again. I can't believe that you DN can be so ignorant to think that if someone sounds great they are great. I can tell you this Mr. DN, you have lost the support of our military once they read your post! And let me tell you, their are a lot of poker players in the military.

wow,i wanted to quote some of the retarded responses i've read so far but there were just too many of them. first off, someone made a comment about US aid abroad. To that, I recommend a book called, "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man."another person was talking about the "innocent people of israel.'' while there are undoubtedly innocent people living in israel, anyone who makes such a statement is totally oblivious to the israeli government's ground policies towards the innocent palestinians. for that, i would recommend you explore one of the many UN resolutions that have declared israel's occupation of all lands not in their 1948 borders to be ILLEGAL. and finally, for the rest of you, i would recommend checking news sources other than cnn and fox every once in a while. try reading some of the middle eastern newspapers like aljazerra in english or even the BBC of england. oh yeah, and watch V for Vendetta.

Radical Muslims are a danger to our society, so are radical Christians, so are radical Jews, so are radical Bhuddists. Just because the subject of my commentary was Muslim doesn't make me racist.Deal.
Agreed. Of course, we can fall back on the argument that not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists lately, are Muslim.Sad, but true, and there is no denying this fact.
I'm Iranian and Daniel, Ahmadinejad isn't liked in Iran very much at all. Majority of Iranians don't support the government, and they sure don't like Ahmadinejad. He was "elected" for giving promises to help lower class Iranians which he has done nothing of. He's a simpleton, plain and simple. He really isn't that intelligent.
From what I understand, this guy's support comes from the lower class/poor people. Intellectuals, and educated people in Iran, and there are many, see through the crap that Ahmadinejad spews, and do not support him.The 60 Minutes interview was a complete joke. Wallace came across as a complete idiot. Of course, the Iranian president, IMO, came across as a bigger one. The interview was nothing but talking points, and I don't think that Ahmadinejad has a single valid thing to say. Anything said from a foreign leader of a country like Iran or Venezuela against the U.S. should be taken with a grain of salt as anti-U.S. propoganda. Thinking of this just pisses me off that anti-American networks like CBS give foreign leaders even a second of air time. <grrr>

People thought Hitler was an excellent orator as well... Made a few good points too...Wanted to clean up the world... I realize opinions are just that, but man, to stir the pot just for the sake of stirring the pot? Sure, hate Bush, feel free, a large number of people do...But to side with this whackjob from the middle east? Yes, any press is good press, and as long as your name is being talked about, people won't forget you, but do you want to be chatted about in this light? Focus on poker, Niagara Falls is quickly approaching, I am expecting great things from you, be there...

oh yeah, and watch V for Vendetta.
Anyone who watches this and says, "Wow..this is so much like the U.S. is now. We're bad" is a complete moron, overly impressionable and can't think on their own.I watched this movie lately (you know...Natalie Portman) and thought that the paralllels that they were trying to make were not only overly obvious, but completely ridiculous and definitely over the top.

Daniel...you just got called out by your ENTIRE forum, plain and simple. It is quite obvious, no matter what you say or how you try to justify it, that you are not current with politics outside of the USA when you try to act like it. It is obvious you watched a political leader on national TV, outside of the USA, and agreed with everything he had to say just because of the simple fact that he had ideals that did not agree with our current presidents'. You did NOT know anything about him, you did NOT know anything about his past, and you did NOT have absolutely any freaking idea of what the Iranianan's true ideals were or what he was about. Please be informed of real world topics as such before you go spouting off about this sensitive kind of stuff. I know you think you do not need to listen to my/our "kind," but we are the type of people you should think about before ranting about this type of politics. I love ya Dan, but think before you type man, please!

What in the world is going on here? All of a sudden I "support" the Iranian president? Please show me where I ever said that? He brought up good points. He is a nutcase, but sometimes even a nutcase can bring about good points. Frankly, I'm surprised that you can base your opinion of me based solely on the fact that I think president Bush is a lousy president and a liar. I have a few friends who are pro-Bush, but we still have a beer together and hang out. Last time I checked, this was a free country and people had the right to voice their opinions. My opinion, is that Bush is a bad president. Just because I said that the Iranian president came off as friendly and well spoken doesn't mean that I support him in any way. I will say this, though, I think Bush could learn a thing or two about how to address the UN and the rest of the world. "Bring em' on," just doesn't have the right ring to it in my opinion.

I personally believe (just an opinion) that Bush hates Muslims. Then again, I don't think he cares much about black people either.Are you Serious DN?? This statement in your "clerifing" blog shows your true stupidity! Do you know the man? Where do you form your opinions? Oh, from the newspapers? He only liberated Muslims that were being raped, murdered and tourted by an evil dictator that would like to see us all dead. He was the first president to have black people in his cabinet of importance. WHAT THE HELL have the democrates really done for the black people? Kept them in poverty. Mayor Nagan sure as HELL didn't look out for them when the leevies broke. School buses sitting empty and flooded that could and should have been used to evacuate the poor of New Orleans. Instead he got his drifty *** out of the city. No wonder your poker playing has gone into the toliet, your ability to read the "BLUFF" isn't very good. Thank God for our leaders and our military who fight for your right to say stupid things. Like I said...Please Go Back to Canada!
Did you seeriousley just call DN stoopid? I won't even bother with the cuntent of your post.

maybe i've read too much postmodern philosophy to think that anything takes a strong stance anymore, but i really didn't get the impression that DN's posts were so much pro-ahmadinejad as anti-bush, which is fast becoming a pretty obvious stance to take.there is a lot to be said for having a political leader who is well-spoken, by the way. rhetoric is virtually synonymous with political capital in the 21st century, and it's really becoming apparent that bush's place in world politics is being harmed (at least in part--NUANCE, remember) by his inability--or perhaps just unwillingness--to present things in terms that aren't black and white.there are valid and productive comparisons to be drawn between the rhetorics of bush and totalitarian regimes. lots of smarter people than me have written a lot about them.but i digress. the point is, i didn't think DN's blog(s) were so much pro-iran as anti-US, and insofar as that might be true, i agree with him.

this entire thread is based on the misconception that daniel ever said he supported the Iranian President. no such comment was ever made. there have been enough "is bush good/bad" threads on this forum and not a single one has concluded with anyone being convinced that they were wrong. on this matter people are simply going to have to agree to disagree. let daniel have his opinion and he will let you have yours.

Need I remind you of Madrid and London?? Need I point out the recently leaked classified documents from US intelligence agencies that state that the war in Iraq has made global terrorism WORSE. I respect your son for fighting in this war but he might have been home much earlier if this administration listened to their generals about troop numbers and the difficulty of occupying a country with 3 major Muslim sects like Iraq . It was/is a strategic and political disaster. Need I remind you that Iraq had nothing to do with 911? Need I remind you that the majority of the 911 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, yet all of our presidents walk with Saudi leaders holding hands for every photo-op they can get? Need I remind you that Bush has yet to catch Osama? Need I remind you that America sat back and watched as our buddy Saddam gassed his own people? Don't be so naive as to believe that any major Government, especially the US Gov., goes to war for purely altruistic reasons.
3 - it doesn't cost the US $2 billion a year. the US owes it over $25 billion a year. it is dead (and it is) because of the US, not because it is inherently inefficient.
It costs us that much in direct costs to house the thing. The indirect costs are incalculable. And what sense does it make to have a nation with 1/18th the world population obligated for 75% of the UN dues? The UN is an insane proposition for the US. However, it seems to be working for Libya, Syria, Iran, North Korea, Cubar, and Venezuela. Is this your idea of "good company?" It's not mine.
1 - i don't have much of a historical perspective, so i can't argue with the first sentence. i do know that your supposed cures are meaningless. those things only help if, using them, the US will balance their budget, and at least try not to fall further into debt. nothing suggests this is the case.maybe this is one of those things that logic says will be a problem, but a historical perspective shows it just will never be one. 4 - I disagree. Almost every large national and international organization is working towards bypassing national borders. National borders, using things like tariffs, cause inefficiency. Most countries are trying to tear down such things, while only receiving the same benefits every other country does by doing the same thing; the globalization of the market. The US has only shown to be willing to do this when they specifically receive benefits. This may seem logical, but not only does it hurt other countries, it hurts the US since it is giving up opportunities to increase its citizen's standard of living.The US became large and great using protectionist methods, but it seems that they could become even greater by relaxing those.
1) You're clearly insane. We've grown out of debt before and we CAN do it again. Think of it this way: you make $10K a year. You borrow $2K for a car to get to work. You work and get a promotion and a raise. Now you're making $10K a month. Does the $2K car loan worry you any more? No. Balancing the budget is important, but government debt also provides for a lot of good things: schools, roads, etc. And it's proven fact that it is possible to outgrow national debt. But we have to be smart. Hiring China overseas and bringing in millions of Mexicans is neither productive for the American nation nor smart for the American people. The true legacy of Bush will not be a "mishandled" war on terror, it will be the mismanagement of trade and borders.
you had some salient points, but now you've completely stopped making sense. i guess you guys know why so many people argue against the US' policies - we so rarely run into valid counterarguments./smugness
QUOTE(mtdesmoines @ Monday, September 25th, 2006, 9:28 PM) "3) The UN is dead because it is a jopke, run by tin-horn dictators pretending to be statesmen."You're asserting then, that the UN is NOT run by "tin-horn dictators pretending to be statesmen?" The UN had Kadaffy serving as chair of the arms committee and China chairing the Human Rights Committee. Now shut up. "4) National borders are the only thing protecting you from nutcases around the world. Do away with borders, and we'll all be living in Somalia."I stand by this 100% ... you people who are dismissive of nationalism and dismissive of the power of "bad people" in this world are total utopian nutcases. Now shut up.
"Just because he is a nut job, though, doesn't mean that much of what he had to say about Bush's administration wasn't true."Yes we should all listen to the nutjob for his valid arguments. Like wow. You basically called the worst leader in the Middle East "likeable" and "friendly" just because you don't like Bush. As you like to say "Yikes."
This is exactly the problem with being "anti," as in anti-Bush or anti-American.It puts you in with some strange, and I mean some mother****ing strange bedfellows. I would think that someone of eastern European heritage (like I *think* Daniel is), would be very very wary of falling in with someone like this monster who would have him (Daniel) killed on sight in his perfect Muslim world. Example: I never liked Clinton and I don't like the younger Bush either, but I never reflexively asserted support for a 21st century Hitler because I didn't like the American president. Americans, and to a greater extent, the entire western world (including / especially Canada) MUST understand that we don't have to always like our teammates, but we don't pout and switch teams because of it. Someone mentioned the fall of Rome earlier, and this is how it happened. Balkanization is the term, I believe. (to divide a country, territory, etc., into small, quarrelsome, ineffectual states). This is what is happening to American and the western world. If we don't mature our worldview and understand that their are still "enemies" (to some, it's an outdated term), and "evil" in the world, rather than "misunderstandings" and "poor policy," we'll all find our heads in a basket.
why should anyone believe this administration calling irans nuclear ambitions a threat. sounds alot like what they were saying about iraq before they invaded. they maybe a threat but no one should listen to administration who stretched the truth and outright lied about invading iraq. if the usa has a nuclear weapons they have no right to tell other countries not to have them. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. or as bush would say fool me once ummm ahhhhh shame on you ummmmmmmmm ahhhhh fool me wont get fooled again
You're reason number one for IQ testing as a prerequisite for voting.
The tower didn't fall because planes flew into them...seriously, it was staged ahead of time with explosives ready to detonate. For those who disregard this simply because its a conspiracy theory should look at the evidence first.Just look at WTC 7 that also fell that day even if it wasn't hit. http://youtube.com/watch?v=X0PjB7RUx_MIt was obviously internally demolished(and evacuated for that reason).Watch Loose Change availble from google video, take what you like and then look at it all objectively.This migth be off topic but I don't get how people still think this was simply a terrorist act, IMO the american government was behind this (think back to Bush's reaction in the kindergarden class when he found out america was under attack)
And you're reason number two.
Least we forget, our country has not been attacked in 5 years. Who would have predicted that on 9/12/01? My son has spent two years of his life in Iraq fighting for dumb shits like DN to support the Iranian President. Go back to Canada. I used to admire you DN but NO MORE. You slam someone because they don't sound elequent in their speaking and in debates, however evil can come onto an American TV program and sound intellegent but with hate and evil in their heart wanting to kill us and you support him. How dare you! ... Your vile support of the Iranian Leader and others like him are what hurts my son and puts him in harms way. I can't even begin to tell you how much I despise you now. Everytime I see you in a poker tournament I will route for your downfall.
I won't cheer against you, Daniel, but I support what this poster is saying.

Daniel,Being well spoken, and being able to come across as friendly to the UN is like the guy at the table that can do all the chip tricks and look the part of a poker player.Then you realize that the guy can't play for ****.Bush on the other hand, fumbles his chips, bets like an internet player, and doesn't make very pretty stacks.....But he sure as **** can play poker.I can't believe that some of you really go for style over substance.

US media is gov't controlled and the BS that is fed through CNN and Fox News is just ridiculous. From the top, they are told how to broadcast information and in what way. Your view is not even your view, it's their view. I'm not saying that I am all for Iran. I'm not ... but what right does the US have to police the world and invade other countries ? Iran is trying to accumulate nuclear weapons to keep the US out of their country. The US's plan was to go after Iran next. Bush Sr ( who really runs that country and has for years ) and his big bad Bilderberg group are trying to control every country and have them under their power. That is their ultimate goal. I just watch CNN and laugh about the news and how they put so much crap in people's minds. Like watching this war in Iraq and "insurgents and terrorists are killing US soldiers". I"m not saying that's right or that I want that to happen because that's awful, but if Iraq came to my country, took it over and took control of all our resources, and then I had to hear about them raping and killing my fellow country people, I'm sorry but I would take up arms as well. For those who have open minds go to fromthewilderness.com and buy "Truth and Lies of 911" it's got some great information that you won't hear about in the US media because of their control over what is broadcast and what is not. It's a report from a former LAPD police officer who stumbled upon a CIA drug ring, wouldn't join it and tried to expose it and was forced out of his job and has had his life made a living hell over the past 25 years. Watch it if you want to see how the REAL world is working. Bush Sr is one of the most evil people in the world, much more than the Iranian president. Knowing the truth about him makes you feel sick to your stomach about how he has been running this country for so long. http://www.fromthewilderness.com/store/videos.shtml for truth and lies of 911 ... best 25 dollars you will EVER spend and I dare someone to watch it and judge otherwise.
You're reason number three.
From what I understand, this guy's support comes from the lower class/poor people. Intellectuals, and educated people in Iran, and there are many, see through the crap that Ahmadinejad spews, and do not support him.
That's the puzzle of Iran. My impression is that the people are the "most westernized" of any ME nation.